What are your first thoughts when someone tells you "I don't drink"?

As long as they don't take the holier than thou stance it doesn't bother me...I actually admire people who can go out and have a ball without drinking.

This one time though I was contemplating messing with this chick, a non drinker. We were just talking at the time and she would ask about my weekend and i would tell her how it went down etc. And then she'd come at me with some 'you won't drink if we go out will you? I don't like the smell' kind of ****...

Needless to say it was instantly dead in the water :smh:

I think "me either"

I knew people judged but it's funny seeing the actual thought process in words...it's really not that serious :lol: :smh:

How many of you would say you have dropped 5 (6 for the ballers..) figures on alcohol in your lifetime??

How many of you would say you have dropped 5 (6 for the ballers..) figures on alcohol in your lifetime??
That's only $25 a weekend, if you go out for say...40 weeks.

There are many people our age, 18-35, that do that every year.

I just had a doctor's appointment the other day, with the VA and it was the first time...ever, that I didn't lie to him about the amount of drinks consumed. I felt good about that. I don't hold anything against people who drink. I slowed down because hangovers take forrrrrever to recover from these days. 

As you get older, you start to see what you do in your life, as a timeline. For what it's worth, I'm 28.

Last edited:
I find it weird how people can go to a party, where the presence of alcohol is as thick as the smoke in the air.

I cant talk to drunk people and feel like im in the loop. Im antisocial too if that matters, so yes, i engage in getting hammered and smoking. Not to be sociable, but because thats my wave 8)

well i go through a thought process nearly everytime.

thought number one. oh ok they are really religous. thats cool as long as they dont start preaching to me

next thought. ohh dude has no self control gets to crazy off the bottle.

then i think well if none of those than he is just a douche

Reminded me of this,

Some white chick at school yesterday asked me "Where's the cerveza?". :lol:

I told her I didn't have any and I didn't drink, She said "Bull****, all Mexicans drink". :lol:

When people tell me they don't drink, I'm not buying it, But if they really don't, I'm not mad at them, I respect their choice...

Last edited:
I see people that drink as irresponsible self destructive fools with little willpower.

Sorry.
Damn you get all that from someone drinking a brew?
laugh.gif

Ya'll going real deep on this

First thought when someone tells me they dont drink is cool, I can respect that. If I want to delve into what kind of person they are I'll handle that through conversing with them not creating assumptions on some **** like this

I don't drink simply cause I don't enjoy the taste, not going to drink just to fit in or for the hell of it. Plus saves me $$ lol, more money to spend on kicks!
Just taste nasty to me lol..
Burns my throat, insides be all hot.
I do sip the girly stuff though :tongue:

Never knew NT was so anti alcohol

You must've missed the beginning of this thread...or NT in general :lol:

Everything in moderation.

Most people are confusing drinking on here with being hammered drunk from binge drinking. Not everyone that goes out to have a drink has the end goal of puking and a $500 bar tab in site.
Grow up.

Very true, but the problem is there's more (or appears to be) of the getting hammered, obnoxious, belligerent drinkers than the ones who can just kick back in moderation.

Last edited:
I'd rather spend my cheese on apparel and footwear. I've drank a couple times, smoked once, it is, what it is. It's funny, most of the smokers and drinkers in my area are sloppy, and wreak. I'm always thinking, well, I'd rather get fly, than get high, or what have you. Dudes spend all that cash on drugs and alcohol, but walk around looking disheveled and gritty. That ain't me playa. Enjoy your weed smoke, and liquor, and let me enjoy just buying nice clothes and enjoying myself. It's so funny, smoking and drinking is the norm amongst the youth and young adults but, when I guy such as myself, with high rank and respect amongst my peers say I don't drink, they're befuddled.

I used to kill 40's and e&j bottles when i was a minor. Now I'll just have 1 or 2 drinks here n there. Haven't gotten drunk in 2+ years.

I don't drink simply cause I don't enjoy the taste, not going to drink just to fit in or for the hell of it. Plus saves me $$ lol, more money to spend on kicks!
Just taste nasty to me lol..
Burns my throat, insides be all hot.
I do sip the girly stuff though
tongue.gif
same. i dont want to be a party pooper but i wont go out of my way to drink

Damn you get all that from someone drinking a brew? :lol:

First thought when someone tells me they dont drink is cool, I can respect that. If I want to delve into what kind of person they are I'll handle that through conversing with them not creating assumptions on some **** like this

I was just poking fun at the people who see non-drinkers as boring or narcissistic and their idiotic opinion.

i just be like "oh aight thats cool" & wouldnt even think anything else about it after that

I suppose I'm now that dude that says no thanks ( officially 9 weeks sober off 9 years straight pint + daily) and wonder what do people think when I tell them no thanks. I honestly fell like scum when they question me, like I'm doing something wrong now that I'm doing something right for me.

That's only $25 a weekend, if you go out for say...40 weeks.

There are many people our age, 18-35, that do that every year.

$250 a weekend. But yeah i guess you're right.

Even if you have the means it's still pretty crazy.

Damn you get all that from someone drinking a brew?
laugh.gif

I was just poking fun at the people who see non-drinkers as boring or narcissistic and their idiotic opinion.
Should have known by the italics 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom