What are your Goals and Dreams, Lets see if we can help.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Originally Posted by JLking

I feel you OP, We got similar goals, my ultimate goal is to become the first widely know Asian basketball player in the NCAA and then in the NBA. My current goal is to make Varsity this year, I'm a junior in HS. I''ve been working hard everyday since the beginning of the summer, this will be my first year on any basketball team ever. try-outs are in 5 days, I'm psyched and nervous, to see all my hard work pay off. It's gonna be the begging of a long road to success, filled with lots of blood, sweat and tears. I'm already basically devoting my life to basketball, I go to the gym everyday and spend 2 hours there lifting weights and doing drills. I go home do my hw and go to the gym, this is my life everyday, even on weekends. I know I can make it. I am gonna make it. The odds are even more stack against me, since I'm so skinny (5"11 and about 130 lbs), of course I've already started taking some mass-gainer powder.

For all you haters out there, I don't care what you think. My belief is stronger than your doubt. Your hate just fuels my fire
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!!!!

To the OP: Best of Luck to you, I believe you can make it
well let me give you a little insight and some honesty, you may be working hard and be a good player, but trust me unless your a superstar the coach is not gonna give you the shine you want out the gate because he already has players in place that he trust. this is just politics of the game I had to learn. Don't make my mistakes I was better than the people on the team in highschool but they had been there so instead I decided not to play and went back to my old school because I wasn't gonna get the playing time I wanted. Big mistake pay your dues, out work everybody and next year takeover. Trust me on this, in life and sports you gotta pay your dues sometimes. So keep all this in mind and stay focused.
I understand that, but I still believe that I will make Var this year, if not swing Varsity atleast. I'm not cocky, I'm confident,it's just my belief

I feel you OP, We got similar goals, my ultimate goal is to become the first widely know Asian basketball player in the NCAA and then in the NBA. My current goal is to make Varsity this year, I'm a junior in HS. I''ve been working hard everyday since the beginning of the summer, this will be my first year on any basketball team ever. try-outs are in 5 days, I'm psyched and nervous, to see all my hard work pay off. It's gonna be the begging of a long road to success, filled with lots of blood, sweat and tears. I'm already basically devoting my life to basketball, I go to the gym everyday and spend 2 hours there lifting weights and doing drills. I go home do my hw and go to the gym, this is my life everyday, even on weekends. I know I can make it. I am gonna make it. The odds are even more stack against me, since I'm so skinny (5"11 and about 130 lbs), of course I've already started taking some mass-gainer powder.

For all you haters out there, I don't care what you think. My belief is stronger than your doubt. Your hate just fuels my fire
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!!!!

To the OP: Best of Luck to you, I believe you can make it
well let me give you a little insight and some honesty, you may be working hard and be a good player, but trust me unless your a superstar the coach is not gonna give you the shine you want out the gate because he already has players in place that he trust. this is just politics of the game I had to learn. Don't make my mistakes I was better than the people on the team in highschool but they had been there so instead I decided not to play and went back to my old school because I wasn't gonna get the playing time I wanted. Big mistake pay your dues, out work everybody and next year takeover. Trust me on this, in life and sports you gotta pay your dues sometimes. So keep all this in mind and stay focused.
I understand that, but I still believe that I will make Var this year, if not swing Varsity atleast. I'm not cocky, I'm confident, it's just my belief
oh naw I believe you can make varsity this year, just don't get down, if the coach doesn't give u the shine you want. Go in there anddominate and take over, outwork the best at all cost. When your tired reach deep down and keep going, know that no matter what you will outlast your opponent.Go in there with a fire and even if things dont go well keep that fire going. damn me telling you all this got me fired up Im ready to go crazy on the court onmy oppenent. I would say good luck but you dont need it.

Work in the Music Industry, pushing good music, and getting paid at least 80,000 a year to do so
Enjoying my youth, and figuring out my college situation. (I'm stuck at a school, I don't like)
Finding a group of people that support each other, and will rise to the top.
Maybe owning a sneaker boutique (Yeah I know everybody's dream lol)
Staying healthy.
Having a great wife and family.

I understand that, but I still believe that I will make Var this year, if not swing Varsity atleast. I'm not cocky, I'm confident, it's just my belief
oh naw I believe you can make varsity this year, just don't get down, if the coach doesn't give u the shine you want. Go in there and dominate and take over, outwork the best at all cost. When your tired reach deep down and keep going, know that no matter what you will outlast your opponent. Go in there with a fire and even if things dont go well keep that fire going. damn me telling you all this got me fired up Im ready to go crazy on the court on my oppenent. I would say good luck but you dont need it.
let us know how it all goes

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com I just shared this link on my facebook

thank you, appriciated more than you know.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Originally Posted by connoleee

I just want my art to be appriciated, i have hundreds of pictures drawn and painted, and i finally decided to make a blog to show them, eventually id like to be able to sell my art, and make a living doing so.
I'd love it if the niketalk fam would just take a look, and a comment would be more than appriciated. If you leave a comment, leave your sn so i can thank you.

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com

Those are dope man...what size and medium are they painted in? Where are you located at?

They're painted on 9 by 12 canvas-like material, im not quite sure what it is to be honest haha. and im in Kissimmee, Fl.

OP mind giving us some background on you about this hoops thing? You playing college ball, how tall/weight you at? What position you play etc? I know a lot ofpeople that played college ball...a few of them got reallllly close to making it to the NBA but just bubbled under..they are now overseas playing hoop.

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com I just shared this link on my facebook

thank you, appriciated more than you know.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

I just want my art to be appriciated, i have hundreds of pictures drawn and painted, and i finally decided to make a blog to show them, eventually id like to be able to sell my art, and make a living doing so.
I'd love it if the niketalk fam would just take a look, and a comment would be more than appriciated. If you leave a comment, leave your sn so i can thank you.

myfuzzyschemes.blogspot.com

Those are dope man...what size and medium are they painted in? Where are you located at?

They're painted on 9 by 12 canvas-like material, im not quite sure what it is to be honest haha. and im in Kissimmee, Fl.

Not bad. I recently went to a restuarant that had straight trash in it so this is miles better. One picture literally was just blank canvas with random paintsplashes and blots. I really could of just set up a canvas and left a few cans of paint open and put some cats and dogs in there and it would of lookedbetter.

^Yeah, i saw a picture in an art store priced at about 900 dollars, and it was a white canvas with 2 black circles painted in the middle. i was just confused.

I hope everyone continues to post and tell how there goals are coming along, it's so many people on NT im sure we can help each other out in some way, evenif its just motivating each other. Keep up the hard work people, just remember progress is all that matters not the speed at which progress happens. Just tryto progress each day.

I want to be an open source Architect and an Urban designer. I'm graduating in Architecture in may at Howard. Someone hook me up with a Job in DC oranywhere close.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I want to be an open source Architect and an Urban designer. I'm graduating in Architecture in may at Howard. Someone hook me up with a Job in DC or anywhere close.

your definitely in the right place for a career in Urban design. good luck

I wanna open my own sneaker and clothing boutique (top of the line streetwear) in Panama City, Panama since there is nothing like that down there... I'mworking on a business plan as we speak but money is an issue

I am also gonna start my own brand... I have a few t-shirt designs as well as logo ideas (basic streetwear for now, but vision is on point)
pimp.gif

I want this and I work at it everyday... Reading business and marketing books as well as studying graphic design and fashion and then practice coming up withoriginal ideas... It's still rough but I feel like I've been improving... Now if only I could get a internship somewhere

ballislife, sounds like you got a dope mentality and work ethic to get there.

as for me, finish up college in san diego in the next 6 months and hopefully land a position that can get me into the music/ent industry (preferablymgmt/marketing)
working at the radio station and networking with everyone i can- record reps, other station reps, etc.
its slow in sd, and waitin to finish to grind it up in la :/

I want to retire before I'm 40.

Too bad I have no idea how to do that
laugh.gif

Well the good thing is I have 20 years to figure that out
pimp.gif

My goal is to be a CPA. One more exam next sunday...and i'm studying til my eyes bleed. OP where do you play in the dmv?

Originally Posted by 360waves

become an architect, own a Lamborghini and have a Brazilian wifey

I'm with you on that one. Currently in my 2nd year of architecture school. I definitely will own a Lamborghini one day. And I do want to get married, notto a brazilian though. Hopefully to the love of my life.

To add to that, I want to go back to Nigeria after I'm well established and take a lot of the infrastructure that is commonplace here in America andimplement them in Nigeria and other African countries.

Build and design aesthetically and functionally adept schools, hospitals etc to draw attention of the world to the struggles going on in Africa.

EDIT:
get more followers and readers to my blog. it's dope! iEBun

I used to wanna play professional soccer, but when I realized that I would have to make a choice between playing for Temple D1 and my major (architecture) Ichose my major. But I design and make soccer-influenced t-shirts. I was hype as hell when Thierry Henry DM'd me on Twitter saying that he stumbled on myblog and loved my shirts!

I wanna make the "special edition" shoes for a brand like Adidas or Nike etc. Not neccessarily design a shoe from the ground up, but make existingshoes hotter.
eventually I would like to start my own casual/sport shoe brand like a JB Classics or Gourmet etc.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Make it back to the L.

where you playing right now. and if you dont mind I could use as many tips and training routines as you got, anything at all would help. I dont care what it is

Back
Top Bottom