what can i put my foams in so they wont yellow since im not gonna wear them

Originally Posted by El Bro

Ive had my infrared VI's and Fire Red V's double boxed up at the bottom of my closet since 2000. No saran wrap, no bags, no silica, and they are as icey as the day I bought them. As long as they are stored in a cool dark place, at the bottom they will be fine. So find yourself another box to put your og box and shoes in, and store them in your cool dark closet.
yea my metallic retro v's are the same way..except no double box n still icey

you definitely have to wear them
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Manatti23

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

wearem and then eventually seaglow them... that still works right?

What's seaglow?
seaglow is for cleaning boats, but you can use it to remove yellowing on ice soles, you just apply it and leave the soles in the sun. after a fewcoats, it can save a grail from being worthless.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by abernja

No offense, but people like you disgust me.

why is that?? i bought 2 pairs of eggplants also. is that so wrong?? i like the shoes so much that i knew i'd be rocking the hell out of them all summer so i figured i'd double up. that way, next summer or the summer after next i can conveniently pull out a fresh icy pair with no yellowing. makes perfect sense to me...
Cosign, what people have to wear both their pairs so people can be happy? After wearing 1 pair for a couple of years, switch them to ball kicksand break out a new icy pair., nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by Manatti23

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

wearem and then eventually seaglow them... that still works right?

What's seaglow?
seaglow is for cleaning boats, but you can use it to remove yellowing on ice soles, you just apply it and leave the soles in the sun. after a few coats, it can save a grail from being worthless.

Nice, now I just gotta find some...

yea just wear them but if not is put a silica pack n each shoe then sarn wrap em up out em back n da box away from light

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Hi as someone that has stored many shoes with similar bottoms over the past 12 years, the best way to store them is to put them in a big zip lock bag BUT DO NOT ZIP IT UP OR VACUME SEAL IT, if you vacume seal it or keep it zipped up it will cause the glue to dry out. Also every now and then walk around in them in the house, and put them back in the box.

Thanks for this GREAT info my man! Def the BEST answer in this post.Yea, yellowing not too much of a problem, but breaking out my pair and the sole fallin offcuz the glue is dust, soooo not a good look. Props for the info, all icey soles getting sea-glowed then bagged up.

I think savin shoes unworn for 10+ years is dumb unless they are J's. I always double up one pair to wear an one to wear when my first ones are f'd up.Smart not dumb at all. I just paid $400 for some 07 Royal foams bes believe I'm rockin em. I didn't pay $400 for em to sit in a box unseen. They willretro again believe that. I buy to rock not to stock. I sold one of my 3 pairs of 1/2 cents for $290 which made my royal foams $320 so why not rock em. Shoesare for wearing n turning heads, worth every penny

Originally Posted by abernja

The paper serves a valid purpose. Take a look at the paper. You'll notice dark stains on it. This is excess oil that is being released by the shoes and is being absorbed by the paper.
Hey this is a good point. I have balled up and thrown away the paper from a couple different DS nike shoe boxes in my closet.

I noticed the same thing you mentioned with the foams though, and didn't throw out the paper.

it will yellow eventually... keep a silica pack for each box and keep it out of the sunlight.. it will prolong the effects for a lil bit

Man those foams must be in pretty bad shape. Are they unwearable? Just kidding. Wear them.

Back
Top Bottom