What do you do with your old shoes?

There are a lot of shoes that I don't wear, some worn, and some are just beaters, but in the boxes none the less. I don't know what to do with them,theres a part of me that says sit them outside for the heavy trash, but I keep feeling like a pack rat.

Give to the mission.
Throw away.
Keep and just use for when I need some beaters to wear for something.

take em to any nike store so they can aid grooming the next-gen super athlete... nike grind. IMO, the best and most useful way to go for old shoes.

Nike takes old shoes and uses the materials to make playgrounds etc. If they are still presentable they usually end up going to a church for donation, if theygot holes n such they end up at Nike

Donate

i givin this local homeless dude around my way a few pairs of shoes already, its amazin how such a small gesture had old dude chessin

I stack them up downstairs. And then each year the Salvation Army trucks come rolling through, and i donate it to them. Or when it gets too crowded, i drivemyself to Goodwill and donate there.

Donate them.

Unless they're a pair that hold some type of sentimental value, then I keep.

under my bed. most i give away. you have any good stuff? one mans trash is another mans treasure

I gave away about 20-25 pairs in the last month. None were super beat or anything, but I rarely wear them anymore and I know they would be of better use tosomeone else.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

take em to any nike store so they can aid grooming the next-gen super athlete... nike grind. IMO, the best and most useful way to go for old shoes.

Only a select few of Nike stores will actually accept your used shoes, but having old shoes recycled to be made into another purpose is the best way to go. There are several companies out there that do it, but Nike tops all of them. You can get more information by clicking here. I also drop them off to a local sports store called Sports Basementthat recycles them if they can't be used and if they can be, they're donated to a charity that can use them. I think, especially during these tougheconomic times, that anything we have that we longer want to use should be donated, rather than thrown away. You would think that would be the obvious, butyou'd be surprised how many people neglect to do so.

i usually let friends borrow them and never see them again or i just randomly lose them. i lost a pair of vans at a party because i passed out with my shoes onand this girl was being a sweetheart and took them off for me so nobody would mess with me, the only problem was nobody knew where she put them

If you got some heat, I'm willing to pay.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom