What do YOU hate most about the Jordan Brand?

price. $185 on j's nowadays and $310 for a pack. No wonder it's so many fakes. By the looks of some j's that came out this yr it's like jb ispromoting it
smh.gif

Slightly changing one thing on a retro shoe in an OG colorway just so they won't quite be 100% like the OGversion.

Refusing to put Nike Air on anything.

i PERSONALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY DOING WITH THE PRODUCT RELEASES I JUST DONT LIKE THE QUALITY OF THE SHOES THESE DAYS.VERY CHEAP IMO

I wish they would make the retro's now like they did around 1999.

I would say fusions, but the only problem I have with fusions is that JB got carried away with too many colorways. I actually liked some of the simplercolorways on the fusions. It started getting out of hand when JB started to drop like 10 different colorways for each fusion instead of just two-three. Qualityis another one. CDP's for $310 for one nice shoe which has bad quality and another average or even below average shoe with the same bad quality. Plus badcolorway selection on the CDP's. The only color's in the CDP's are black, red, & white (with the exception of the VII's). And lastly toomany AJ1 retro's and no retro's of anything else for an entire year.

this is the first time i decided to write something even though i've read plenty of threads on here. mostly can't stand the frankenstein creations i.e.fusions, dub-zeros, spizikes. also can't stand the color choices on a lot of the cdp's. why do you have two black shoes in one pack? kind of stupid,but we're the stupid ones for buying them and then complaining about it. this is why i don't buy a lot of the newer stuff coming out and slowly pickingup more of the shoes i remember when i was younger. so stop complaining about it. we are the minority that the jordan brand cares about. all of the youngerbuyers will scoop up this crap day in and day out. remember the consumer talks with the dollars they spend on these products.

JB needs to go back to the basics. I don't know how their sales have been, but I fully agree with everyone. The hybrids aren't what sneakerheads arereally looking for. We're want something that'll bring us memories back and create new experiences for the new crowd. I'm more than happy to pay$150-!75 for a pair of quality retroes, but not willing to drop money on CDP and such. The DMP was really nice, but I know that was a stepping stone for theCDP. Please JB go back to quality retro that means something to the sneakerheads.

What annoys me about JB more than anything else is their outright hypocrisy.

They claim to represent quality inspired by the greatest player, yet after 20 years of research and development Retros are usually substantially lesscomfortable and less well built AND more expensive
than the earlier version. A few differences like slight changes in color, or shape, or even the absence of Nike Air are understandable ... the drop in overallquality can only be put down to one thing: Profit.

JB are not "Protecting the OG collector". They are exploiting the new collectors, and abandoning the OG collector.

In Inside Nike Jordan says that every time they turn out a shoe that the best they can do.
It's not true. He knows it's not true because when he says it, he looks away from the camera.
Given his penchant for gambling i hope that's not his best poker face.

In Driven from within he also talks about the importance of loyalty.

Well where's the loyalty to the consumer? JB have sold out the customers who put them where they are, and they're short changing their new customers toboot.

My respect for Jordan and Brand Jordan is at a low ebb these days, and that makes it very hard for me to feel like giving them any more money.

i just have a problem with JB promoting and releasing sneakers and colorways that are just flat out awful, quality isnt that big of a deal because i dont ballin j's no how. but i dont want to be paying crazy amounts of money for some cheap shoes that are going to fall apart. now with the fusions, i hate them buti do own a pair of concord six rings just to calm my craving for jordan XI's but as for all these other fusions and rediculious CW's. JB just do us afavor and retro jordans like back in 99 with original CW's and good quality

Originally Posted by Mac4167

i just have a problem with JB promoting and releasing sneakers and colorways that are just flat out awful, quality isnt that big of a deal because i dont ball in j's no how. but i dont want to be paying crazy amounts of money for some cheap shoes that are going to fall apart. now with the fusions, i hate them but i do own a pair of concord six rings just to calm my craving for jordan XI's but as for all these other fusions and rediculious CW's. JB just do us a favor and retro jordans like back in 99 with original CW's and good quality
word up

Personally what I hate is how people expect the brand to deliver to their personal tastes with every release, and are appalled when the sad realization comesto them that they are not the center of the JB universe.

Can someone please explain to me what the keychain with the number 5 on it in that awful hate image is doing there?

Crappy retro's (poor quality, wack colorway's), Hybrid joint's with original color combo's, any sort of packs, unreleased p.e. exclusives, online releases, and T.O.

Originally Posted by shottyblood

Personally what I hate is how people expect the brand to deliver to their personal tastes with every release, and are appalled when the sad realization comes to them that they are not the center of the JB universe.

Can someone please explain to me what the keychain with the number 5 on it in that awful hate image is doing there?

He's refering to the .5 series that JB was doing for a while.

Originally Posted by RTown311

I hate the direction that gentry is taking JB in.

He's since been moved to Europe and replaced with Mark Smith. I suspect that Gentry has become the fall guy for decisions made by a group of people....Smith is the person who designed
the Spiz'ike. Depending on the direction JB is heading in a year from now, we may have some idea how much of what JB are doing right now is really down toGentry alone.

the fact that we dont get retroes of the shoe we really want enough. and the fact that they dont tint ice sole anymore

Back
Top Bottom