What happen to the sneaker game?

Its hard to not look at the sneaker culture like a "game" these days.
Especially when I go to the shoe store to "buy what I like" and I have to WIN a RAFFLE for a chance to spend my money.
Sure sounds like some kind of a sick twisted game to me.

Its in the bubble right now.. Sooner or later the people will stop buying /chasing shoes that they could not cop on release date, some some people would realize that the quality is not worth the money. Right now new sneaker heads thinks that what ever nike retros is great and we just have to be a slave of the company and keeps a blind eye to the quality of the damn shoes that they are selling, some shoes have a very terrible quality and i hear people just saying "im ok with it, i don't really care about excessive glue stains, mis align panels and etc" people forget that we are paying top dollars for these shoes.

And for the 80-90% of the people that buys on rd are resellers, they will eventually realize that there are only 5% of the people who are willing to buy reseller shoes, thats why on rd the prices on ebay is top dollar but after couple of day or week after rd, the price starts to go down.

*the other 5% is the people that actually buy and wear the damn shoes.

Sorry for the long post... In short : all trends always come to an end.

Last edited:
^And to add to that point...
It is also in the bubble for OGs as well.
Right now you can find an OG pair of Taxis for around $300. Meanwhile the retros are going for $260+
Might as well get the OGs. But soon resellers will realize this and raise the price of OGs as well.

So if you are tired of the poor quality of the recent retros, just skip the next release and spend that money on some good quality DS / VNDS OGs before they go up.

Bought some '02 White/White Force 1's from NTer xxnamebrandxx xxnamebrandxx

And they were like heaven... Leather so thick... Foam Fluffy... been wearing them 24/7 and hold better than todays paper kicks

like jaysrcrak jaysrcrak said just cop old releases if you're hurt on quality

Im just legit mad Nike's greatest kicks arent "high quality" anymore... and have to go cop high quality casuals elsewhere

Instagram and cornballs like Trinidad James happened

Btw, it seems like every athlete has instagram posts saying Thank You to JB For The Carepackage, even third string players and bench warmers. lol

Last edited:
Well I'm not gonna ly I got way more responses then I was expecting.. And I truely do appriate everyone opinion but I think it is officail that time changes the "community or game" changed and simply that is a part of life I truely hope everyone good luck in there future cops and hope life goes there way and we can all get the kicks we have been waiting for

its not a game. i buy what i like.if i cant afford a resellers price i move on
Correct. Everything is far too difficult to get for the most part..... at least the retros. I mean from the bots, wait in line, the catche, limited supply, ugly colors, and just complete over saturation, its not even worth it a lot a of the time. I have more money than I ever had as a teenager when my collection was even bigger, but with work I barely can wear everything and my goals are holding more weight over sneakers

Last edited:
The bubble is actually starting to come down a bit. I've seen resellers taking losses by selling shoes for retail or less. FOAMPOSITES are sitting in the DMV now. It'll eventually boil over.

Sneaker game, jesus 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I love how when a member creates a sneaker related topic on here, a sneaker board; he gets ridiculed and criticized for taking sneakers "too serious". NT logic should be recognized as a mental handicap. :lol:

Last edited:
OP could not handle the truth and left.[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

This is not a game at all. I still can't understand what makes this a game?

Bought some '02 White/White Force 1's from NTer @xxnamebrandxx

And they were like heaven... Leather so thick... Foam Fluffy... been wearing them 24/7 and hold better than todays paper kicks

like @JaysRcrak said just cop old releases if you're hurt on quality

Im just legit mad Nike's greatest kicks arent "high quality" anymore... and have to go cop high quality casuals elsewhere
Appreciated.

The whole concept of having to enter a raffle or use a bot to have the honor of dropping $170 plus tax on piss poor quality sneakers is unspeaking to me.

If you don't live in a big city you gotta waste gas money going to the mall to enter a raffle then make another trip if you win the raffle. Its just an unnecessary hassle and waste of time to me.

Too many loud silly looking colorways.

I've never cared to much for limited shoes. If I like a shoe ill get it regardless if its a overly mass produced gr or limited.

The term limited lost its luster imo as well. It seems like limited stuff comes out once a month or so, so there's no real exclusvness to "limited" stuff if limited releases come out once a month or so.

Stupid concepts like the galaxy shoes, bin shoes, and stuff of that nature.

Stupid names like "he got game 13's" "cherry 12's" "candy cane 14's" "bred xi's" etc

The fact that its hard to have a legit reliable connect these days as well. Employees are gassed due to all the thirsty desperate sneakerheads. Back in 08-11 it was so easy to just walk in footlocker on a 50% weekend pull an employee to the side, throw em a $20 or so and cop a few pairs and sometimes even have them hold you down with the 30% off on new releases. Now people see having a connect as someone holding down a general release pair for them at retail price and they slide them a few bucks for that.

Its a younger kids hobby these days and sneakers are a status symbol to stunt on Instagram with. I ain't even mad, let the kiddies have their fun. They'll grow out of it eventually.

I cashed out and sold a ton of stuff I had that I liked but never got to wear that much and I got no regrets.

I probably sound like one of those back in my days cats but I lost a ton of interest in sneakers over the past 2 years or so.

OP could not handle the truth and left.[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

This is not a game at all. I still can't understand what makes this a game?

Never left home boy just don't sit around on PC I enjoy I weekends.. U should go party n relax n stop tryna b funny it didn't work lol

This is comedy love this

The whole concept of having to enter a raffle or use a bot to have the honor of dropping $170 plus tax on piss poor quality sneakers is unspeaking to me.

If you don't live in a big city you gotta waste gas money going to the mall to enter a raffle then make another trip if you win the raffle. Its just an unnecessary hassle and waste of time to me.

Too many loud silly looking colorways.

I've never cared to much for limited shoes. If I like a shoe ill get it regardless if its a overly mass produced gr or limited.

The term limited lost its luster imo as well. It seems like limited stuff comes out once a month or so, so there's no real exclusvness to "limited" stuff if limited releases come out once a month or so.

Stupid concepts like the galaxy shoes, bin shoes, and stuff of that nature.

Stupid names like "he got game 13's" "cherry 12's" "candy cane 14's" "bred xi's" etc

The fact that its hard to have a legit reliable connect these days as well. Employees are gassed due to all the thirsty desperate sneakerheads. Back in 08-11 it was so easy to just walk in footlocker on a 50% weekend pull an employee to the side, throw em a $20 or so and cop a few pairs and sometimes even have them hold you down with the 30% off on new releases. Now people see having a connect as someone holding down a general release pair for them at retail price and they slide them a few bucks for that.

Its a younger kids hobby these days and sneakers are a status symbol to stunt on Instagram with. I ain't even mad, let the kiddies have their fun. They'll grow out of it eventually.

I cashed out and sold a ton of stuff I had that I liked but never got to wear that much and I got no regrets.

I probably sound like one of those back in my days cats but I lost a ton of interest in sneakers over the past 2 years or so.

^^^^ that was the whole point of this post.. I feel ur pain

Back
Top Bottom