What happen to the sneaker game?

Maybe some fellow nters can help me out with this... But at what point did shoes just become about reselling them to make money? I mean Go back a few years and people in the sneaker community would look out for each other.. Try n help them get a certain pair of kicks they wanted just cause they knew the feeling of wanting something but just didn't have the time to wait out to grab them or whatever the situation was. Now I feel people just grab up as many pair that they can just to make a few dollars on shoes they were bad mouthing? Now I am new to nike talk but within my circle of friends and our "sneaker community" we would help each other out... We would grab an extra pair of kicks for some one if they asked n just get what we paid for them and would be more then happy if they threw ya 10$ for ya troubles.. Idk maybe it was just us and we tryed to help each other out but time has changed apparently... How does every one else feel about this?

This thread comes up every few days

nothing stays the same forever

Seriously - Enough with the whining about the "sneaker game." Grab your nuts and move on. 

Social media....

Sneakers are no longer bought to be worn...they're bought for taking pictures and showing off online.

That's the problem. You guys consider it a "game".

It's all marketing and concept of supply and demand.
is marketing not a game?

Doesn't game theory have direct application to marketing?

Life is a game.
roll.gif
just messin with u

I sadly do understand times change but dam I'm not even 25 n I've been gettin jordans on my own for years n up until recently I didn't have this problem.. N now i consider it a game I use to consider it a community like I said people would look out for each other... Now people just re sell everything even pants n coats... This ain't a dam thrift shop

Social media....

Sneakers are no longer bought to be worn...they're bought for taking pictures and showing off online.

That's pretty much what I feel kids/dudes do these days.. I don't do any of that social media jazz I buy shoes cause I wanna wear them

Dude what's up with those 7's in your profile pic? Are those fakes? I'm not up on Jordans like that anymore. 

is marketing not a game?

Doesn't game theory have direct application to marketing?

Life is a game.
View media item 886946

:rofl: just messin with u
I see you, man. You a low key marketer for that new Kia. :lol:

The subculture has changed. They cater to the new generation now. I used to send in checks and money orders to buy on sale joints from eastbay in the 90s.

Dude what's up with those 7's in your profile pic? Are those fakes? I'm not up on Jordans like that anymore. 

Negative there real I just customized them... They were the all white with little black and blue Orlando 7s. Figured I'd give painting them a shot and wanted some green shoes... Took a little bit of time but that how they came out and actaully had people coming up to me in the city asking me about them

I see you, man. You a low key marketer for that new Kia. :lol:

The subculture has changed. They cater to the new generation now. I used to send in checks and money orders to buy on sale joints from eastbay in the 90s.

Checks and money orders... I respect the old school lol
And thanx for showing intrest chopper

Checks and money orders... I respect the old school lol
And thanx for showing intrest chopper
I grew up in the golden era where everything made to a sale. I used to get hype up when the eastbay mags and the gold member calendars from FootAction came in. Also the And 1 mixtapes from FootAction were :pimp:

Contrary to what the kids think now...waking up to click add to cart for 2 hours is not an easy cop :lol:

I grew up in the golden era where everything made to a sale. I used to get hype up when the eastbay mags and the gold member calendars from FootAction came in. Also the And 1 mixtapes from FootAction were :pimp:

Contrary to what the kids think now...waking up to click add to cart for 2 hours is not an easy cop :lol:

Ain't easy cop at all eastbay website did me dirty this morning

And I remember gettin those magazines to lol

Lol @ "sneaker game"
It was all about getting the flyest and breaking the most necks
****** grew up and moved on to bigger and better things
When you work a real job you can only wear sneakers once in a whole (including weekends)

Lol @ "sneaker game"
It was all about getting the flyest and breaking the most necks
****** grew up and moved on to bigger and better things
When you work a real job you can only wear sneakers once in a whole (including weekends)

I hear u on that brothaman doin construction and working on tug boats I can't b wear kicks all the time either

Back
Top Bottom