What if the South Beaches Release today?

I just pulled out a pair of South Beach Lebron and I realized how beautiful this shoe is.  I was one of the fortunate ones to cop for retail.
I was thinking with the way hype is now with shoes, would these have been galaxy foamposite status if they were release now. 

I love foams but this shoe just dumps all over them.  I could of seen these going over +1000 instead of foams.. Just the quality alone deserved the hype.

You think?

and I remember when they first dropped resale prices were in the $200 - $300 and people thought that was crazy

I ended up copping in December for $350. I wish I would have bought every pair Flight Club had at that point. Until the 8s LeBrons had always been ugly to me and I never checked for them. I had been saving up money for a house all year and I didn't check sneakernews and niketalk daily back then because it wasn't hard to cop sneakers. I think I saw these for the first time on a best of 2010 list and copped them that day. It was the first LeBron 8 I had seen and I was instantly hooked. I had no idea the prices could get much higher than what I paid. This shoe is 100000x better than that galaxy foam hype machine. I wouldn't even want the galaxies if I could get them for retail.

thing is SBs look x14134099 better in person. color contrast with the pink laces are amazing. only thing i didnt like were the fat laces that 8s gave you. slimmer pink lace in SBs =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i sold my fat ones and replaced with my personal slimmer lace but i want another one of fat one just because its OG lace.

I still want these. If ever these resellers wake up from this dream of people forking over a grand for these, then I'll get them.

Hype was pretty big for them when they first dropped ( Those resell prices
eek.gif
) but if they dropped today hype would be A LOT worse. We're at a time right now where any semi limited or semi hyped sneaker will cause quick sales, hectic RD's, & extremely high resale prices. I don't see them being as bad as the Galaxy Foams (Foam hype is at an all time high right now), but they'd move with a quickness. Just look at the Galaxy 9's
nerd.gif

i wouldn't have had a pair. I got my pair a couple of months after release for 350. Then out of nowhere price skyrocketed to 1000 on ebay.

My friends said i was crazy for paying 350, but in my heart i knew it was right. Then i showed them the 1k price tag a week later and they had nothing to say.

To give you an idea of how bad hype has gotten in just a little over a year...

I went and copped these from House of Hoops at 1-2pm in the afternoon with no issue and no line.

I knew the hype wasn't high on these. I wanted them when they first dropped but I couldn't afford them at the time
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

I knew the hype wasn't high on these. I wanted them when they first dropped but I couldn't afford them at the time
30t6p3b.gif

Hype was high where?  They sold out everywhere, I couldn't and still cant get my hands on these.

Maybe the best shoe Nike has produced in the past 5 years.  Got mine at launch (size 16 helps
wink.gif
).  I wear mine at least once or twice a week for over a year.  Shoes still have TONS of life left, and still break necks.  Now THAT'S quality.

ps-Again, these have super quality leather, and stitching.  Just a quality product.  I'd bet they cost more to produce than any foamposite shoe.  And are probably light years better than the galaxy's.  (sorry for pun.
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by iriepirate21

Maybe the best shoe Nike has produced in the past 5 years.  Got mine at launch (size 16 helps
wink.gif
).  I wear mine at least once or twice a week for over a year.  Shoes still have TONS of life left, and still break necks.  Now THAT'S quality.

ps-Again, these have super quality leather, and stitching.  Just a quality product.  I'd bet they cost more to produce than any foamposite shoe.  And are probably light years better than the galaxy's.  (sorry for pun.
laugh.gif
)
agreed. There only a handful of nikes that warrant the hype and these were one of them.  
I am from the dmv and I love foams like anyone else but I cannot justify the hype or price  for the galaxy.

I am actually bidding on a pair  thats currently at 600+  but after pulling these out and looking at them I am changing my mind for spending that much money for a shoe that is half as beautiful.

The galaxy foams is and would be something nice to have in the collect but not for the price they want.  

But maybe its just me because I haven't held a galaxy foam in hand.

I'm just thankful this shoe came out when it did. 

to this day I kick myself for not buying a pair from my friend twice for $250.. smh

i still remember when i wore thes a couple people were saying that the color was too much. now they want everything in the southbeach colorway.

copped 2 at 3rd day after release day in china, ppl didnt know it will go crazy in resell market.

Originally Posted by Hugo

copped mine for 425 in august
30t6p3b.gif

That is a great price....I knew people that copped for way more...
I remember whe i saw pics of sneaker con in dc it look like a sb collection...def wasnt as limited as they made it out to be.

what you think i could sell a pair of size 13's for now? i used them to play basketball for a couple months and then they just sat in my closet. they're pretty beat up but were only played with indoors. i'm assuming whoever bought them would only buy them to play ball in themselves as well...definitely not something to wear out casually at this point.

I for one never thought they would reach the type of prices that they go for. I had a chance to get one of my best friends to get me a pair for retail. like a ******, I passed because I wanted Flint XIIIs, which dropped a few weeks later. I saw my sisters pair in person and immediately fell in love. I stubbornly refused paying $350 because I felt that they would drop in price in a few months. never would I image that theyd go for $1000+

got my pair last august for $500 shipped worn once indoors for 2 hours. sure it was pricey but after seeing the quality first hand and the amazing comfort, they were more than worth it.

This will be concord type hype when they re release ....should be the 2nd lebron to re release after AZG

Back
Top Bottom