What if the South Beaches Release today?

Copped mine for retail ... Wasn't expecting madness, got to HOH at Serramonte at like 4a and there was about 20 ppl in lie ahead of me, and another 20 already inside the store ... -___- . HOH only had 16 pair, and they had given out their wrist bands a day or two prior to release. I think this is when wristbands started to become a regular thing, because prior to the south beaches - I was never subject to worrying about a wristband. Made a few calls, my boy ended up grabbing me a pair from Georgio's at Bay Fair, lol. I wear mine every so often, and they still break necks.

Originally Posted by MBen32

seen an auction for these on eBay last night for a sz 10 DS, end at $202.
eek.gif

cant be real.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

To give you an idea of how bad hype has gotten in just a little over a year...

I went and copped these from House of Hoops at 1-2pm in the afternoon with no issue and no line.
That's depressing. It was hyped up out here in Houston, but even then I saw a LOT sitting on the shelf a few days after.

Once hype really developed, it was over.

Originally Posted by MBen32

seen an auction for these on eBay last night for a sz 10 DS, end at $202.
eek.gif
that cant be real. im thinking the seller agreed to end the auction  early for a agreed price.

Copped mine for retail. Walked in the mall no line nothing. Then went to Savannah that weekend they were just sitting in the mall.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

To give you an idea of how bad hype has gotten in just a little over a year...

I went and copped these from House of Hoops at 1-2pm in the afternoon with no issue and no line.
That's depressing. It was hyped up out here in Houston, but even then I saw a LOT sitting on the shelf a few days after.

Once hype really developed, it was over.

I remember walking into Footaction in Greenspoint and they had multiple pairs on display...........and I passed
grin.gif
. Salty forever. I have to right that wrong.

I had got about 3 pairs of south beach 8s for under 500. I don't consider them better than foams when I factor in durability tho. I wear my sneakers to work which takes a beating.

That's what's wrong with the sneaker game though people just wanting kicks because someone else wants them. If you had a chance at retail and you passed that's your fault but now you want them because they go for some ham and you feel like its a status symbo. Just get what you like

Originally Posted by WavieCrocket

That's what's wrong with the sneaker game though people just wanting kicks because someone else wants them. If you had a chance at retail and you passed that's your fault but now you want them because they go for some ham and you feel like its a status symbo. Just get what you like

QFT

I remmeber my manager asked if I wanted these with 30% discount...I said no. Wished I got them to re-sell to the hypebeasts.

Originally Posted by SoSickening

What if the Chris Webber C-Dubb DaDa's released this year?

if you throw on a jordan sign and call them a retro they would sell out in about 30 minutes.

I wanted this Lebron 8 colorway badly ever since I saw the colorway of it in pics. I knew it was an instant classic but I didn't think this shoe would catapult to the status it is now. Anyway, I ended up buying a pair for around $275 off of Ebay about 2 weeks after they dropped since no store near me got them in. I still have them deadstock'd also. The only thing I wish is that I would've doubled up on them at the price I paid. Awesome shoe!

Shoe was ugly back then and is ugly now. As far as what the OP said, yes it would be a zoo.

I remember I just flew back from Overseas, me and wifey went on vacay in the Smokey mountains....

I tried to get off ndc from my cell, no luck.
Drove to nearest mall the next morning, got the last one in my size about 11am.

Great shoe.

I was also fortunate enough to get a pair for retail on the RD. I had a feeling that they'd go for high resale prices, but nothing over $500.
But I feel like this release also opened the flood gates to a lot of new hype, since some were really selling at $1,000 per pair
30t6p3b.gif

Nonetheless, it's still one of my favorite sneakers that I own. I love the details on them.

Back
Top Bottom