What Is So Bad About Going To The Movies By Yourself?

Originally Posted by aceofjays

I personally think it's weird. Everytime I see someone solo at the movies, I wanna ask why. Like, "You couldn't get anyone to go with you?", "Where are your friends?", "Don't you have a girl?", "You're lonely aren't you?", "You're a serial killer huh?"
That's the response I usally hear when I ask my friends

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Only insecure people worry about doing things alone.
this. i usually catch a movie on my day off, mid afternoon hardly anyone in the theater

i done it plenty of time....my schedule is pretty much spur of the moment/i do what i want....soo i pick up and go to the movies, and dont really need companyif i really wanna see it.

I personally think it's weird. Everytime I see someone solo at the movies, I wanna ask why. Like, "You couldn't get anyone to go with you?", "Where are your friends?", "Don't you have a girl?", "You're lonely aren't you?", "You're a serial killer huh?"

Yessir. My taste in film is very different from most of my friends, so normally they don't want to go see movies I'm interested in and I end up goingmyself. I sometimes enjoy it more than I would if I had company.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Nothing wrong with a grown adult going to see Wall E by him/herself.
laugh.gif

This type of joke has already been done.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Nothing. Some people are just insecure.
WORD but damn I'm so insecure every time I hit the mall, restaurant or movie I have to call up one of my friend to go with me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

i wasnt born a siamese twin. i dont have the need to always have somebody with me. i dont need supervision. i dont need somebody to protect me. idont need anybody to accompany me anywhere.

with that said, i have gone to the movies by myself plenty of times. and i have went with friends plenty of times as well.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

kdawg wrote:
basically. i have no problems doing ANYTHING by myself... shopping...going to a restaurant.. seeing a movie. i'm secure enough with myself that i can do these things. i am interesting enough to keep myself company. plus i get a lot more accomplished if i do it on my own. and sometimes i like to just get lost in my own thoughts and not have to bother with other peoples troubles and thoughts.

Agreed

kdawg wrote:
basically. i have no problems doing ANYTHING by myself... shopping...going to a restaurant.. seeing a movie. i'm secure enough with myself that i can do these things. i am interesting enough to keep myself company. plus i get a lot more accomplished if i do it on my own. and sometimes i like to just get lost in my own thoughts and not have to bother with other peoples troubles and thoughts.

Agreed

qft except for a restaurant. that just seems odd to me.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

QFT..Only insecure people will say "its not a good look"
agreed

i was one of these people.... i went to the movies by myself last month for the first time.. and it was the one of the most loneliest days of my life...
frown.gif

i eventually got over it...

StaXX wrote:
I've done it before.
When 300 came out I got up early one Sunday morning.

i tried to get my boys to go see 300 with me. they said they were too hood to go to the movies, and if they did that they would have to be highand they'd be throwing $#@* at everybody else,so theyd rather save me the embarrassment.

so i went by myself.

Nothings odd about that. Think of it like this

You can watch whatever you want without arguing over that movies to watch, what time, and where to sit, blah blah blah

Originally Posted by webnerd06

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

QFT..Only insecure people will say "its not a good look"
agreed

i was one of these people.... i went to the movies by myself last month for the first time.. and it was the one of the most loneliest days of my life...
frown.gif

i eventually got over it...
laugh.gif

you guys say you are willing to go during midnoon. but would you go to the movies on a busy fri night? would you go to the bar/club on weekend nights as well?because i knoe someone who does
laugh.gif
smh

I won't spend money to see something I can bootleg from the comfort of my own home. To me, the movies are a spot you hit with your girl/ homies to just getaway and do something. You can do it by yourself of course... but I just feel as if it's a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom