What is your view on money?

You keep thinking that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being broke in NO FUN at all. Money can Help your Life, but can also Destroy it.

I feel that is part of the slavery though. I have to work extra hard, non stop... just so I can have a quality meal, a decent home a comfortable life for my family.
Or if I say **** it, and just make ends meet then I eat ramon noodles and drink Arizonas all day and die of obiesty. If you want that good food you have to be a slave... :smh:

It's not about being a slave. What else do you expect as a human being? You can do away w/ some excess, but having a roof over the head, and food on the table is a necessity. As long you satisfy your needs, then you don't have to worry about your 'wants'.

For myself, like expensive cars, I've had the liberty in driving and riding in cars that were worth a lot more than mines. But after a while, it was just another car. Its function was to transport me from A to B.

This is what being in the society is all about.

Money is just like everything else. Look at nature. Do you think the bear can just sit all day and have 'food' arrive in front of him? NO!

He has to 'earn' it. He has to hunt for it. The same thing with you in trying to earn your meal.

Because at the end of the day, money is a tool.
A tool that you should be using to make even more money.
Once you reach a point where your money is working for you, then you can do whatever the **** you want.
If I were to eat out every night, that's probably 1k on just tipping, per month.
That really sounds like a smart financial decision to you guys?
I'm not even going to get into buying a new car because I'm pretty sure everybody knows that its a silly thing to do.
I only have 1 rule, word to Batman.
I never purchase anything unless I can buy it outright in cash, financing is for suckers.
My outlook on money is different than most peoples, though.
It seems like most people don't mind being in debt.
As long as they have a decent car and clothes to impress people that they don't even know, then they're content.

Well said and in most cases it's a valid argument, unless one decides to borrow money then put it to work for him or her.

BTW Robert Kiyosaki's Rich dad poor dad is a pretty good read for anyone. Just some fundamentals about money, nothing boring.

I feel that is part of the slavery though. I have to work extra hard, non stop... just so I can have a quality meal, a decent home a comfortable life for my family.
. :smh:

We've had to work nonstop since hunter gatherer days.... what are you talking about?

What time period was it that the majority of the population got to just sit around without continuous work to survive? Are you referring to the baby boomer generation?

Ok, so care to explain?

Making money work for you can be a vast amount of things....owning businesses, real estate, commodities, and stocks etc. 

If you really think that these wealthy guys are staring at stocks all day you've got a lot to learn. That's what they pay brokers and hedge fund managers for. 

For me the concept is simple. You get wealthy by owning businesses not working for them. So with that said, I know I'm not gonna be happy working 40 years making these CEOs rich then retire on some BS 401k that won't really be worth anything because of inflation. 

I'm saying, though. Making $200k in Corporate America driving a Porsche and flying first class is cool, but being a real player and owning the businesses that these people wanna work for is way better.

I don't ever complain about the financial corruption of this country. I'm just reading and learning how to play the game. That's really all you can do. 

We've had to work nonstop since hunter gatherer days.... what are you talking about?

What time period was it that the majority of the population got to just sit around without continuous work to survive? Are you referring to the baby boomer generation?

When things were primitive it wasn't corrupt. You ate what you killed and you survived. Now to have a comfortable life, it isn't the same. And like I said before its a mindset I'm guilty. Just surviving isn't enough....

All in all its just something I have to live with, unless there is some type of awakening.

For me the concept is simple. You get wealthy by owning businesses not working for them. So with that said, I know I'm not gonna be happy working 40 years making these CEOs rich then retire on some BS 401k that won't really be worth anything because of inflation.

I thought the same at a point till someone told me "When you work for someone you go 9-5 then you go home and work is over for sometime. When you own a business, work never stops."

All people are slaves for money, unless you don't care for money at all and your living in Alaska.

I don't ever complain about the financial corruption of this country. I'm just reading and learning how to play the game. That's really all you can do.

Your 100% right. It is what it is. Lo siento.

I really don't care for it. (I guess that's why I've been really stupid with money lately)

mean.gif

[h1]High income improves evaluation of life but not emotional well-being[/h1]
  1. Daniel Kahneman[sup]1[/sup]  and 
  2. Angus Deaton
+Author Affiliations
  1. http://Center for Health and Well-being, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544

1. Contributed by Daniel Kahneman, August 4, 2010 (sent for review July 4, 2010)

[h2]Abstract[/h2]
Recent research has begun to distinguish two aspects of subjective well-being. Emotional well-being refers to the emotional quality of an individual's everyday experience—the frequency and intensity of experiences of joy, stress, sadness, anger, and affection that make one's life pleasant or unpleasant. Life evaluation refers to the thoughts that people have about their life when they think about it. We raise the question of whether money buys happiness, separately for these two aspects of well-being. We report an analysis of more than 450,000 responses to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, a daily survey of 1,000 US residents conducted by the Gallup Organization. We find that emotional well-being (measured by questions about emotional experiences yesterday) and life evaluation (measured by Cantril's Self-Anchoring Scale) have different correlates. Income and education are more closely related to life evaluation, but health, care giving, loneliness, and smoking are relatively stronger predictors of daily emotions. When plotted against log income, life evaluation rises steadily. Emotional well-being also rises with log income, but there is no further progress beyond an annual income of ~$75,000. Low income exacerbates the emotional pain associated with such misfortunes as divorce, ill health, and being alone. We conclude that high income buys life satisfaction but not happiness, and that low income is associated both with low life evaluation and low emotional well-being.

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/38/16489

Love money. Hate that I don't have enough. But seriously, sometimes in the heat of pursuing money, I have to stop and take inventory of whats most important.. seeing my kids grow and being happy

I thought the same at a point till someone told me "When you work for someone you go 9-5 then you go home and work is over for sometime. When you own a business, work never stops."

But that business is something you'd be passionate about(hopefully), so that work you put in building it up from the ground would be worth it when you can sit back and look at your net worth rise with the hard work you put in. While those 9-5ers will still be working with little or no net worth.

When things were primitive it wasn't corrupt. You ate what you killed and you survived.
Now to have a comfortable life, it isn't the same. Just surviving isn't enough....

So before you only had to do minimal work to JUST SURVIVE

Now you are complaining because just surviving isn't enough for you.... but you don't want to work continuously....?

You argument is flawed

What's my view on money?

You either trade time for money, or money for time. In essence, it's we almost live just like that movie In Time with Leonardo Dicaprio. Think about it...

If you had, lets say.... $10,000,000... If you were wise, you would no longer have to trade your time for money. You would be completely freed up to do whatever you want to do, including creating a business that could practically run by itself and pay you weather you're working or not.

So to me, money = time = freedom. It's not evil, if you ask me... But it's always about the eye of the beholder.

Back
Top Bottom