What kind of cars say "I am well off, but I don't like to brag about it"?

Cla >>>>>> Nissan maxima...

Don't care about what's under the hood...

Eh I agreed with you when I first read this but after thinking a bit, Id grab the Max if it were a better deal. A lot more car for the money, and I mean space, not engine. Maxima's are like boats anyway.

I see you /o/p

10+ year old luxury cars in impeccable condition.

They say.... I choose to drive this because I like it. With annual maintenance costs alone I could afford a nice new car or a totally killer car on lease.... but that's not my style.

I really disagree with this part

Buying old luxury cars is what cats do in the hood to look like they have money, or who want to look like they're doing better than they are.

Instead of buying a newer used car, they'll buy a old Mercedes or BMW with 4 or 5 owners and high miles.

But why buy a cla when you can find a used older model bigger Benz with medium miles? What is wrong with buying a used older model luxury car with medium miles?

First thing I thought of was Buick. Especially today's model.The Regal and Enclave models in particular.

Newer Buick and Lincolns are pretty dope.

Look a lot better than the Accord's and Maxima's being mentioned.

I used to like Maxima's until they started looking like Altima's on steroids, which I think of as a female car.

But why buy a cla when you can find a used older model bigger Benz with medium miles? What is wrong with buying a used older model luxury car with medium miles?

Nothing, if that's what you're doing. I see a lot of frontin.

Last edited:

Nothing is wrong...until its out of warranty.

I can see da appeal of getting a used big body over

A new CLA baby benz, but if you not ready for that

Maintainability money prepare for that sticker shock..

I see you /o/p

10+ year old luxury cars in impeccable condition.

They say.... I choose to drive this because I like it. With annual maintenance costs alone I could afford a nice new car or a totally killer car on lease.... but that's not my style.

I really disagree with this part

Buying old luxury cars is what cats do in the hood to look like they have money, or who want to look like they're doing better than they are.

Instead of buying a newer used car, they'll buy a old Mercedes or BMW with 4 or 5 owners and high miles.

Thats why I specified in impeccable condition. Im not talking about hood cats, Im not talking about cars with multiple owners and high mileage.

Driving an a perfectly maintained old-body when you could easily afford a new-body says you like nice things, but don't care for that keeping up with the Jones rat race. It speaks to financial conservatoireship and says you OWN your car flat out. Nobody is handing out finance or lease plans on a crispy 10+ year old car.

Im not talking about beatermobiles or pimped out cars with candy paint and dumb big rims. Im talking about those OEM, factory perfect, preserved 3% teir cars. Cars that say I like this bodystyle and choose it over other vehicles. I know plenty of people that stay buying e30s, w140s, 11gen ETCs and e39s time after time... Not because they cant afford a different car or because they want to stunt, but because they are familiar with the cars and legitimately prefer them over newer models.

Cars like this allow the driver to maintain a nice image without appearing too gauche for their own good. They also have the advantage of being able to blend into any neighborhood.... You might have one of the more expensive cars when you're in the hood and one of the less expensive cars in your gated community; but it wont be out of place in any situation.

Last edited:
I know people with nice salaries that didn't really want to drive their used luxury at first even though they can comfortably afford it. Just all the outside opinions on what is and isn't just based on what they drive. Mostly women, but they can't worry about other people's opinions.

Infiniti g35, 3 series, A4, C-class.
On the contrary, these entry level lux vehicles give the vibe you're not really well off but want everyone to think your are.. imo

That's why driving the top of line versions of these models would fit the bill. M3, RS4, C63 AMG all expensive as ****, but the untrained eye will just think that they are normal cars. I'll leave that judging the driver **** up to ya'll though.

^ bro, all of those manufacturers are considered hi end euro imports so it looks like you're bragging, then on top of that, those are the performance models lol, even normal people will notice the larger rs4 and m3 rims from a block away, and the amg has a sporty sound

So buying an M3 or AMG means youre bragging?

Its how you carry yourself fam, if course being behind the wheel of a C63 is going to make you feel boss, but at the end of the day its attitude.

Hyundai Genesis - nice car but no one stunts in a Hyundai

Even if you're the most conspicuous person ever luxury brands will always draw a lot of attention so I wouldn't count any of those

Back
Top Bottom