What makes Foamposits so great?

in my opinion i personally think foams are great because variants are hard to make in this shoe.  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by SoSickening

the answer to this question is simple as 1 word...

Penny.

What's next? "Why makes Jordan XI so great?"
laugh.gif
Hype

72-10
fixed

indifferent.gif
 A 15 year old record doesn't make the Jordan XI's fly off shelves.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

all i wanna know is when the hell did black anthracites become so expensive, i remember when they came out they sat at my local mom and pop store and went on sale for a $100

got my pair for $80

Originally Posted by Yung Lo HEAD

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

all i wanna know is when the hell did black anthracites become so expensive, i remember when they came out they sat at my local mom and pop store and went on sale for a $100
got my pair for $80

Wish I kept my pair. I need them again.....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Hype

72-10
fixed

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
a 15 year old record for being the best team in the history of the NBA? Winning all 3 MVP's that year, scoring title, and a 4th NBA ring? Yeah. That did make them fly off the shelves.

If you were around in 96 and actually remembered, the Concords sat. They were way ahead of their time. No one knew what to do with them. I remember going in around Feb or so and deciding whether to get the Royal foams, the columbias or the concords. When the Black/Reds dropped at the end of the school year, everyone got them. I remember people skipping school to cop in the AM then coming to school with a fresh pair on. But yeah, 72-10 didn't contribute to that... If MJ was playing wack and didn't win a ring in these, they wouldn't mean as much. The XI had so much hype around it because it was the shoe that MJ did everything in. Youngin's need to recognize. There wasn't a "shoe game" back then. It was all out of love.

Back to the topic, until you've had a pair of foams and they conformed to your foot and you come to realize how much of a tank they are, you'll never understand.

I know they are indestructible, but i'm scared to wear them because I love them so much! Anyone know where to get replacement laces? I ripped mine somehow! I might need to jack a pair from a store that still has them, buts there's like a hundred eyeholes! That takes too long!

posites broke necks like crazy back in 96...i agree, if you weren't around back then, you won't fully understand why people love this shoe

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

fixed

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
a 15 year old record for being the best team in the history of the NBA? Winning all 3 MVP's that year, scoring title, and a 4th NBA ring? Yeah. That did make them fly off the shelves.

If you were around in 96 and actually remembered, the Concords sat. They were way ahead of their time. No one knew what to do with them. I remember going in around Feb or so and deciding whether to get the Royal foams, the columbias or the concords. When the Black/Reds dropped at the end of the school year, everyone got them. I remember people skipping school to cop in the AM then coming to school with a fresh pair on. But yeah, 72-10 didn't contribute to that... If MJ was playing wack and didn't win a ring in these, they wouldn't mean as much. The XI had so much hype around it because it was the shoe that MJ did everything in. Youngin's need to recognize. There wasn't a "shoe game" back then. It was all out of love.

Back to the topic, until you've had a pair of foams and they conformed to your foot and you come to realize how much of a tank they are, you'll never understand.

I'm speaking in regards to people in their teens and possibly early twenties who don't know the history of the XI. You really think some 18 year old hood rat camps out for these because of a record that they have no connection to!? All they know is that the XI's look good and that MJ wore them in his prime. Of course to older heads such as myself (29)...the historical value on these can never be denied..but XI's sell it's highly regarded for being the "it" Jordan to have..sorry to thread jack..rant over~ (agree or disagree, it is what it is)

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm speaking in regards to people in their teens and possibly early twenties who don't know the history of the XI. You really think some 18 year old hood rat camps out for these because of a record that they have no connection to!? All they know is that the XI's look good and that MJ wore them in his prime. Of course to older heads such as myself (29)...the historical value on these can never be denied..but XI's sell it's highly regarded for being the "it" Jordan to have..sorry to thread jack..rant over~ (agree or disagree, it is what it is)
but that hood rat, and that lil kid is peeping da OG of da block stunting back in da day in da hood and passed along that image of freshness..thats how it works, without da fore bearers rocking em because of that record da XI's

wouldn't be as critically acclaimed as they are now...remember when they retroed da first time it was 2001, about 5 years since da OG release...close enough time that whoever had em back then or wanted em back then can

CLEARLY remember why they were so important....now with sneaker blogs, niketalk, i$$, pumping that information to noobies daily, its EASY to forget why some of those kicks were a hit back in their first installment.

Foams are dope because they were ahead of it's time in all aspects of footwear and still maintain that quality 15 yrs later...

xi's never got me hype because every hypebeAst had them back then. Even if people didn't rock jordans bought those and rocked em til they fell apart. I remember when the Columbia's dropped 8/10 people on the block and in school had them on everyday til the laces turned gray...

I kept a fresh pair of pippens, penny's, grant hills at the time... That patent leather was and is so ewww to me... Don't get me wrong some people look aiight in them but the actual style just ain't me..

That 72-10 record had nothing to do with it... It was Pac's " I ain't mad at cha" he had them on extra early

Foams are a staple in the DMV.
Durability, shape/mold, colorways, clear sole, they're the best sneakers ever made that aren't Jordans.
Its a love hate thing. Either you love them, or you just don't understand.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Very durable shoes, need very little cleaning, basically don't crease, comfortable once broken in, unique design/look, new technology (for its day), and Penny made them iconic by wearing them back in the day. They're admittedly not awesome for ball, especially compared to other shoes you can get these days, but if you're looking for something durable, comfortable, and unique, foams would be a good pick.

couldnt agree more..

Man words can't even express the affect Foamposites had on the shoe game. I remember Bibby and Miles Simon from the Arizona days, the SLAM Magazine with the full page spread of the the royals, and just the technology of them. That clear gummy bottom. Man I was going to the mall everyday back then just to look at them until my birthday came and I spent all my $200 for them.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Durability, shape/mold, colorways, clear sole, they're the best sneakers ever made that aren't Jordans.

pimp.gif

When you wear foams, you don't expect compliments from females saying they're cute.

They were ahead of their time in material and the way they looked and the durability just adds to it. The basic color blocking, the fact that the colors were unique to Foams.

I couldn't afford them in college when they first came out, that was rent money or two pairs of kicks, but once I started making my own money
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by hella handsome

pimp.gif

When you wear foams, you don't expect compliments from females saying they're cute.

They were ahead of their time in material and the way they looked and the durability just adds to it
pimp.gif
these truely are...well were da last of da Mohicans when it came to a sneaker being wild popular just off their own merit VS trying to impress women with em.

foamposites been selling out in nyc quietly forever, eggplants blew da lid off that though...so now all these sucka cats that had no business rocking em before all over em

throwin on pink laces tryin to make em look cute
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom