What makes Foamposits so great?

I love the foamposite line,more so the ones than the pros(I can't stand that huge nike swoosh)but you know they mold to your feet from the heat after several wears so that's why they're so comfortable,they take some breaking into and they're a little too heavy but they're a perfect go to shoe especially out here in Seattle I love them.everytime the weather is bad,I throw on some foams,you don't have to worry about creasing,& they're so easy to clean.you can pretty much beat em to death and theyll still look great..the price is a little up there,& lately Nike has been whoring the hell out of the foams with constant colorways left & right.the last pair of foams I picked up were the coppers.if you're a foamhead pretty much the top 3 must-haves are the royals,eggplants,& coppers

Originally Posted by Startin2Stack

Hypebeast shoe.
Yes, it is turning into that because they are getting whored out by nike. But no they haven't always been.  I'm sure the majority of people who keep talking about them just got a pair of them since it's the new hype.  Compare them to the older ones and you will see what a good foam is

Originally Posted by erdmanboy2220

Glad we feel the same brotha, its def one of the better colors but that sole gets dirty and.....but none the less, a great shoe. Too many ppl were bashing it a while ago but if they bring it back ppl will buy it even some of those ppl who were bashing it. and if its limited WHEW!!!!

Yup, I like the netural color, wear it with everything. It doesn't "SCREAM" on your feet like most/all foam colorways. 
onlyt time will tell if they bring it back, maybe just a reg. foam one without the swoosh i wouldnt mind that either. but damn, $200 + tax 
ohwell.gif

those shoes are hideous !
sick.gif

like my old man told me 'you can polish a peice of turd, but at the end it still a peice of turd " lol

Originally Posted by bigj505

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.

This + the fact they just flat out look good.

Hype beast but they're tight and every sneaker head has to have a pair of foams in his or her collection.

I only own the penny foams in matte black from 07 and I love them. Deff a go to shoe, sure they're heavy but the zoom makes em comfty and they are weatherproof and can be worn all year. 

These new retros however are just hype. Dont confuse "great" with "popular".

You wanna see great? go to team posite thread and take a peek.

Originally Posted by bigj505

anyone saying these are appealing because of HYPE is a guilty as someone that has no clue about foams.

they are appealing for the most obvious reasons => DURABILITY and NON CREASING.

Rocking Js and AF1s used to turn me off because of how badly the toe boxes creased. Shoes could be 2 weeks old and look aged like blue cheese.
Foams dont crease and the uppers can take a beating.

They are perfect for the person looking for a shoe they can wear for a very long time that will still look fresh. That's why true foam lovers never really felt bad about dropping the higher $$$$ on them.

As for basketball, they are really good shoes for someone looking for balling shoes (indoors) that should not fall apart. That is not the case for kobes or lebrons (not 100% sure about Brons) as I know kobes are known to tear after a while. These are not the lightest nor the best in tech but they do hold up to a beating.

Durability & style ....real comfortable but as mentioned real heavy to ball in not good for a guard ....

Originally Posted by natone

One word...INDESTRUCTABLE.
I have no idea where people get stuff like this from. Indestructable when? In what way? My 2010 Pearls and 2011 Royals, both of which have seen very light wear but already squeak like rusty door hinges and have noticeable lumps in the Zoom Air, lead me to believe this isn't true anymore.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Originally Posted by natone

One word...INDESTRUCTABLE.
I have no idea where people get stuff like this from. Indestructable when? In what way? My 2010 Pearls and 2011 Royals, both of which have seen very light wear but already squeak like rusty door hinges and have noticeable lumps in the Zoom Air, lead me to believe this isn't true anymore.
Bolded your problem

The OG retro Pearls and Royal Pros I wore the hell out of still look good when I broke them out this year.

They don't crease. Unless you wear them when you drop a motorcycle they wont get messed up. When cats where buying 2 pairs of $90 Force Lows us people who knew about Posites were just Loling

They feel great, they hug your foot , look good with shorts or pants. Pretty much the whole thing. Colors, Durability, Fit.

the main plus of the foamposites is they may be the only Nike Shoe(or at least the only one I can think of) that actually performs in accordance with its pricetage($200 retail). This isbecause of the durability, comfort, fit, color schemes, they may be the only shoe that nike produces that actually gives the consumer what they pay for.

Can someone please tell me how to put one of those boxes underneath all of my comments?

Flightposites perform better than foamposites, encompass the same technology and more, retail cheaper, and have more/better colorways.

Foams are the hype right now, people want them because they're expensive and give them status like yeezy's/jordans/etc...

I like flights better but they do not hold up like foams. Foams are all hype right now but they are great because they are the only nike shoes that you get what you pay for. You will get $200 worth of wears even more. I still have pairs that I brought back in hs that I still wear.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

nothing. It's all hype. Heavy and not good for basketball

Pretty much.

They are horrible for playing basketball.  There is no flexibility.  It's like your foot is in a cast.  First shoe I had to stop playing and remove from my feet on the court. 

It's all marketing and advertising. 

Some of the reasons you guys are coming up for justification as to why it is a good shoe are pretty hilarious though.  Brainwashed by the brand.  If Nike cut a hole in a brick, put a swoosh on it, made a cool commercial, priced it at $180 and called it the Air Brick you guys would be lining up at Foot Locker at 5am to buy it. 

Originally Posted by GhengesK

What advertising have you seen in the past 14 years for this sneaker?

And the majority of people wear sneakers for casual use not for their intended performance purpose, so we don't care how heavy it is or how well it ventilates, because we have other sneakers for that.

What advertising have you seen in the past 14 years for this sneaker?
exactly....

and for da record these are fine for basketball...cats been balling in these joints for as long as i can remember.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

nothing. It's all hype. Heavy and not good for basketball

Pretty much.

They are horrible for playing basketball.  There is no flexibility.  It's like your foot is in a cast.  First shoe I had to stop playing and remove from my feet on the court. 

Some of the reasons you guys are coming up for justification as to why it is a good shoe are pretty hilarious though.  Brainwashed by the brand.  If Nike cut a hole in a brick, put a swoosh on it, made a cool commercial, priced it at $180 and called it the Air Brick you guys would be lining up at Foot Locker at 5am to buy it. 

Back
Top Bottom