What to do in Honolulu?

Just booked my trip to Honolulu... going to be staying there for 8 days at the Royal Hawaiin.

I've never been there so, NT help me on what places to hit up!

- Food
- Clothes
- Shoes
- Scenery

... and any other interesting things to see and do.

Just booked my trip to Honolulu... going to be staying there for 8 days at the Royal Hawaiin.

I've never been there so, NT help me on what places to hit up!

- Food
- Clothes
- Shoes
- Scenery

... and any other interesting things to see and do.

-Food: there are a handful of cheap Korean BBQ & Sushi joints littered around Honolulu.. if you have deep pockets try: Sushi Sasabune.. you will not regret. 
glasses.gif

-Clothes: Kicks/HI

-Shoes: Kicks/HI

-Scenery: rent a Jeep Wrangler & drive around the island.  you can accomplish this in 1 day (stopping by all the cool beaches included.. but i recommend renting another hotel somewhere around the North Shore) 
pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

-Food: there are a handful of cheap Korean BBQ & Sushi joints littered around Honolulu.. if you have deep pockets try: Sushi Sasabune.. you will not regret. 
glasses.gif

-Scenery: rent a Jeep Wrangler & drive around the island.  you can accomplish this in 1 day (stopping by all the cool beaches included.. but i recommend renting another hotel somewhere around the North Shore) 
pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

Food:

Zippy's
Boots and Kimos
Giovannis
Matsumoto's and Waiola shave ice
Leonard's malasadas

Scenery:

Diamondhead
Tantalus
Pali Lookout
Laie Point

Clothes/Kicks:
Kicks HI
In4mation/Aloha Army
Fitted

Food:

Zippy's
Boots and Kimos
Giovannis
Matsumoto's and Waiola shave ice
Leonard's malasadas

Scenery:

Diamondhead
Tantalus
Pali Lookout
Laie Point

Clothes/Kicks:
Kicks HI
In4mation/Aloha Army
Fitted

Originally Posted by proper english

glasses.gif

pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

Sasabune is
pimp.gif

Make sure you make a reservation beforehand tho.

There's also a few good traditional Hawaiian food spots, Ono Hawaiian foods is good, so is Helena's Hawaiian foods.

Macky's shrimp food truck in the North Shore is good. And then the North Shore there's tons of nice beaches with mostly locals. If you go to the east side of the island there's a few nice beaches too but nothing compared to the North Shore. As far as sight seeing, Valley of the Temples is great, you can take a bus there or just rent a car. Pali lookout has great views of the ocean, Diamond head is good too....

Waikiki is only good for a day or 2, afterwards it's really boring. For breakfast you can go to Eggs N' Things, their pancakes are bangin.

glasses.gif

pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

Sasabune is
pimp.gif

There's also a few good traditional Hawaiian food spots, Ono Hawaiian foods is good, so is Helena's Hawaiian foods.

Macky's shrimp food truck in the North Shore is good. And then the North Shore there's tons of nice beaches with mostly locals. If you go to the east side of the island there's a few nice beaches too but nothing compared to the North Shore. As far as sight seeing, Valley of the Temples is great, you can take a bus there or just rent a car. Pali lookout has great views of the ocean, Diamond head is good too....

Waikiki is only good for a day or 2, afterwards it's really boring. For breakfast you can go to Eggs N' Things, their pancakes are bangin.

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

Is it worth it to go to a luau? If so, what are the good ones?

i went to this one.. http://www.paradisecovehawaii.com/
it was OK.. i wouldnt do it again if given the chance. 

I've been to this one twice. First time was great, second time was eh

The one at the Polynesian Cultural Center was really good. You're just not right on the beach like at Paradise Cove or Germains

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

Is it worth it to go to a luau? If so, what are the good ones?

i went to this one.. http://www.paradisecovehawaii.com/
it was OK.. i wouldnt do it again if given the chance. 

I've been to this one twice. First time was great, second time was eh

The one at the Polynesian Cultural Center was really good. You're just not right on the beach like at Paradise Cove or Germains

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

glasses.gif

pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

Sasabune is
pimp.gif

Is this the same Sasabune (or same owner) of the one in LA?  If so, should be
pimp.gif

Its been a few years since I was in Honolulu so maybe things have changed.

If you dont care about money, go to Nobu.  I believe its right near your hotel.  It was dumb expensive, but a pretty good meal.

If you wanna get drunk for semi cheap, head down to the little outdoor bar at Roys.  They had this big ole jar of pinepapple infused liquor sitting on the countertop of the bar.  Order the drink.  Eat the pineapple first.  Try not to choke.  My tastebuds are virtually immune to alcohol, but that stuff was ROUGH.  Its like taking 3 shots at once, chased by a beer.  hits you like a friggin mack truck.

glasses.gif

pimp.gif
 amazing experience. 

Sasabune is
pimp.gif

Is this the same Sasabune (or same owner) of the one in LA?  If so, should be
pimp.gif

Its been a few years since I was in Honolulu so maybe things have changed.

If you dont care about money, go to Nobu.  I believe its right near your hotel.  It was dumb expensive, but a pretty good meal.

If you wanna get drunk for semi cheap, head down to the little outdoor bar at Roys.  They had this big ole jar of pinepapple infused liquor sitting on the countertop of the bar.  Order the drink.  Eat the pineapple first.  Try not to choke.  My tastebuds are virtually immune to alcohol, but that stuff was ROUGH.  Its like taking 3 shots at once, chased by a beer.  hits you like a friggin mack truck.

Not sure if it's same owner, but definitely the same "chain". I go to the one in NY once a month.
i wish i had your disposable income
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom