What was the longest you've ever spent at a car dealership?

3 hours, that dude would not let me leave.  He really wanted me to get that car, it seemed like his job was on the line

Originally Posted by sandman117x

Full time job for a few months years..
Good money
pimp.gif

..but it's quite funny to see how long we'd make people wait.

all you have to do is walk in say with you want and the price you're willing to pay, if they don't like the price go to the next dealership they aren't the only one with that car

all you have to do is walk in say with you want and the price you're willing to pay, if they don't like the price go to the next dealership they aren't the only one with that car

Originally Posted by RFX45

When I was younger, I think I spent 5-6 hours while they haggle for a car.
These days, I haggle over the phone or e-mail and have the car delivered to me.
Upon delivery, all there is to do is just sign the papers and it is done.
easiest way to do it.
I went into to dealership and talked to a salesman for 2 hours, going back and forth on price. went home after we couldn't settle on a fair price, ended up e-mailing their "internet salesperson" and got a price that was about $2,100 less than what i was aiming for. going in to sign the papers and walking past the original salesperson was was perplexed as to why i was in there.

Originally Posted by RFX45

When I was younger, I think I spent 5-6 hours while they haggle for a car.
These days, I haggle over the phone or e-mail and have the car delivered to me.
Upon delivery, all there is to do is just sign the papers and it is done.
easiest way to do it.
I went into to dealership and talked to a salesman for 2 hours, going back and forth on price. went home after we couldn't settle on a fair price, ended up e-mailing their "internet salesperson" and got a price that was about $2,100 less than what i was aiming for. going in to sign the papers and walking past the original salesperson was was perplexed as to why i was in there.

I'm about to buy a car pretty soon too. I've never went thru the process of buying a car cause my first 2 cars were hand-me-downs. what can I expect? I don't think I'll be at the dealership for that long cause I already know exactly what car I want and the price I'm willing to pay. if I cant negotiate something within the price range I'm looking for, I'll just threaten to walk out. is that a good strategy?
laugh.gif

I'm about to buy a car pretty soon too. I've never went thru the process of buying a car cause my first 2 cars were hand-me-downs. what can I expect? I don't think I'll be at the dealership for that long cause I already know exactly what car I want and the price I'm willing to pay. if I cant negotiate something within the price range I'm looking for, I'll just threaten to walk out. is that a good strategy?
laugh.gif

haven't done it yet, probably wont buy a new car till im older.
Not to sure while but im kind of excited to negotiate with them, till i get my price
pimp.gif

haven't done it yet, probably wont buy a new car till im older.
Not to sure while but im kind of excited to negotiate with them, till i get my price
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

laugh.gif

That's not gonna phase them cuz they know they'll probably find another customer (or sucker) who will be willing to buy the car at the price they want to sell to them. The negotiations *WILL* take you forever and you will be frustrated, irritated, annoyed, and probably pissed off, so be prepared for that.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

laugh.gif

That's not gonna phase them cuz they know they'll probably find another customer (or sucker) who will be willing to buy the car at the price they want to sell to them. The negotiations *WILL* take you forever and you will be frustrated, irritated, annoyed, and probably pissed off, so be prepared for that.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif

American consumers are @%!%++@ morons. The problem is most people go in not even knowing exactly what they want. 

so this doesn't happen in other countries?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

laugh.gif

American consumers are @%!%++@ morons. The problem is most people go in not even knowing exactly what they want. 

so this doesn't happen in other countries?

^ well yea, I know the negotiating itself is gonna take a while. I just figured that since I already know exactly what I'm looking for, the whole process wouldn't be as time consuming as opposed to someone who just goes to the dealership and is not really sure of what they want.

^ well yea, I know the negotiating itself is gonna take a while. I just figured that since I already know exactly what I'm looking for, the whole process wouldn't be as time consuming as opposed to someone who just goes to the dealership and is not really sure of what they want.

e-mail all of the dealerships in your area that have the car you want and let them know the options you'd like. talk each of them down as much as you can then counter all of the dealerships' offers with the lowest you've received and see what the others can do.

e-mail all of the dealerships in your area that have the car you want and let them know the options you'd like. talk each of them down as much as you can then counter all of the dealerships' offers with the lowest you've received and see what the others can do.

Back
Top Bottom