What your expectations on the dunk contest

i just dont think anything new will be done, i cant see what else can be done besides crazy non human things

anyone have that old clip they show on Inside the NBA of Ernie dunking on like a 7 ft hoop? its from some dunk contest back in the 80's or something

that one always gets me
laugh.gif

Trust me, there's always stuff that can be done and new gimmicks/props to use. I can recall in the 90's people saying "we've seeneverything" for dunks. We'll say it again 10 years from now I'm sure LOL

This has gotta be one of the worst SDC lineups in a while. Rudy? Nate? Nate has gotta learn when to call it quits. It's like he joined just to be part ofthe ASW festivities or something

Im looking forward to it.
I think Dwight Howard will put on another show, & I think JR Smith will give him a run. Nate & Rudy will compete & throw down some nice dunks aswell. It'll be a fun contest to watch, imo.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

I expect 10s to be given out to balls that are thrown in...not dunked
smh.gif

This contest is looking doo doo so far.
exactly. more highway robbery, howard's "dunk" was garbage.

1. Should of let all the rookies who wanted in, in. An extra couple people will only take like 5-10 more minutes and provide more entertainment.

2. I hope we see great dunks to go along with the fun gimmicks, props, etc. I have a feeling with everyone going crazy over the Superman dunk and the birthdaycake that this year props/gimmicks are going to be used waaaay too much.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Nothing that the 5'9-6'1 Flight Brothers dudes haven't already done, other than Dwight's kiss the rim windmill that he wanted to do 2 years ago, but MJ gave him an 8 on the sticker dunk.
He needs to bust out that dunk with Saturday being Valentines and all.

Originally Posted by enrique23

im expecting it to not be nowhere near as good as last years and dwight will win once again
smokin.gif

that sounds nice.
but overall my expectations are for Howard to dunk over Nate Robinson straight up. JR Smith will be the one to embarass himself, nate robinson will try tohard, and my dark horse is for Rudy Fernandez to come out and do some crazy @##%$

I expect to see this happen about 40 times

hopefully this time he doesn't still walk away with the trophy.

i still dont understand why they limit this to 4 contestants!!!

russell westbrook and joe alexander should also be in it!

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Trust me, there's always stuff that can be done and new gimmicks/props to use. I can recall in the 90's people saying "we've seen everything" for dunks. We'll say it again 10 years from now I'm sure LOL

I don't think there is much room for innovation in the part of non prop type dunks. You gotta think that just about everything can be done has been andeverything else that you think could be done you need a trampoline. As far as prop/gimmick dunks go, those are unlimited, but I'm not too into those.I'd rather see the raw physical extraordinary dunks.

The only people that could pull off the amazing dunks are the Wilkin's, Jordan's, and Carter', and those guys are too far in between to sustain agreat slam dunk contest consistently.

Back
Top Bottom