What's goin on with all these retros?

Believe me I'm not complaining.  Playoff XIIIs White Cement III and Bord VII are some of my fav J's of all time and I plan on copping them all.  But after seeing all these retro releases that are slated/rumored for 2011 I'm just wondering what's JBs strategy with flooding the market like this?  They've always mastered supply/demand to the point where there was a serious craving for their product.  I'm just wondering why they seem to be abandoning that lately.  Any NTers have an opinion? particluarly those in the know?

Also, I recall when the news about the Countdown packs 1st broke on NT the source said that JB was giong to scale back on retro's big time after the last pack was released which is clearly not the case.  I guess that was just a marketing ploy for us to feel a sence of urgency for the packs.

Believe me I'm not complaining.  Playoff XIIIs White Cement III and Bord VII are some of my fav J's of all time and I plan on copping them all.  But after seeing all these retro releases that are slated/rumored for 2011 I'm just wondering what's JBs strategy with flooding the market like this?  They've always mastered supply/demand to the point where there was a serious craving for their product.  I'm just wondering why they seem to be abandoning that lately.  Any NTers have an opinion? particluarly those in the know?

Also, I recall when the news about the Countdown packs 1st broke on NT the source said that JB was giong to scale back on retro's big time after the last pack was released which is clearly not the case.  I guess that was just a marketing ploy for us to feel a sence of urgency for the packs.

tumblr_leqjqzKEOY1qd9pvc.jpg

I honestly think they should take it easy with all these retros instead of selling CDPs separately (a la red/white/black IXs) or just re-retro them again over and over (Cardinal VIIs)

I honestly think they should take it easy with all these retros instead of selling CDPs separately (a la red/white/black IXs) or just re-retro them again over and over (Cardinal VIIs)

JB did not forecast the recession during the CDP inception. Now that were in a recession, JB needs a profit. The "plan" to maximize profit is to retro the sought after, holiest of grails. Let's drain the consumer!!

JB did not forecast the recession during the CDP inception. Now that were in a recession, JB needs a profit. The "plan" to maximize profit is to retro the sought after, holiest of grails. Let's drain the consumer!!

all their new stuff is ugly so the only way they can make money is to bring back retros and jack up the price each time

all their new stuff is ugly so the only way they can make money is to bring back retros and jack up the price each time

Originally Posted by nimhet

Agreed! To each their own when it comes to personal preference but I haven't been remotely enticed by any of the actual Jordan line since the XIV's. Definitely a lot of "head shaking" when I've seen the latest editions on the shelves and that includes the JB releases as well.

However, I am a huge fan of the Phat lows and Growns V2.

Agreed! To each their own when it comes to personal preference but I haven't been remotely enticed by any of the actual Jordan line since the XIV's. Definitely a lot of "head shaking" when I've seen the latest editions on the shelves and that includes the JB releases as well.

However, I am a huge fan of the Phat lows and Growns V2.

Originally Posted by poonsaloon

Agreed! To each their own when it comes to personal preference but I haven't been remotely enticed by any of the actual Jordan line since the XIV's. Definitely a lot of "head shaking" when I've seen the latest editions on the shelves and that includes the JB releases as well
cosign to da fullest

Originally Posted by poonsaloon

Agreed! To each their own when it comes to personal preference but I haven't been remotely enticed by any of the actual Jordan line since the XIV's. Definitely a lot of "head shaking" when I've seen the latest editions on the shelves and that includes the JB releases as well
cosign to da fullest

Jordan ID's would be ridiculous. I can only imagine the sales if they were to do the I - XIV models. Especially the XI's, XII's, and XIII's.

Jordan ID's would be ridiculous. I can only imagine the sales if they were to do the I - XIV models. Especially the XI's, XII's, and XIII's.

Back
Top Bottom