What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Just copped a pair of blk/red at footlocker at ontario mills. they got quite a bit. Plus the Nike at the Mills has the wht/purp kobe elites for $10.

tags like this "seize the day"
1fc654e37a9125cede7c759816240dec.jpg

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by kennyb1103

At first they were dope until everybody got a pair.

This. Bums like the dude who wears them to "break necks" at the gym are the reason for this. They're also the reason why it was so hard to find them to begin with. Rockin the whole Nike Combat collection for a pickup game.....
this.
laugh.gif

Anyone know of retail spots that had Volt socks in store?  Kinda slept and wishing I had grabbed at least one pair when they were on the LAX site a few days ago.  Apparently they sold out now.  Just socks so not the end of the world, but figured I'd ask if anyone had seen them at a NT or HOH anywhere.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

Originally Posted by cbrooks3

Originally Posted by Zyzz

would be cool if they had low cut socks. i dont like these socks as much as you guys but i cannot find any other decent low cut socks to ball in
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

you can't find any low cut socks to ball in because it is 2011 and no one plays in low cut socks anymore.

bro...i love elite crew socks just as much as you but youre really goin stoneface my boy because he prefers low cut socks? Come on now...

to hoop in? yes. only people you see at the gym hooping in low cut socks are straight bums 
...or the old white guy that plays in running shoes that can only shoot jumpers.

indifferent.gif

you can't find any low cut socks to ball in because it is 2011 and no one plays in low cut socks anymore.

bro...i love elite crew socks just as much as you but youre really goin stoneface my boy because he prefers low cut socks? Come on now...

to hoop in? yes. only people you see at the gym hooping in low cut socks are straight bums 
...or the old white guy that plays in running shoes that can only shoot jumpers.
Pretty much depends on the shoe, the gym, and the age of people involved.  I have seen some pretty decent older (25+) cats ballin' who don't wear elites or anything resembling them.

By low cut, do we mean like no show or ankle length socks? I mean seriously guys, just like there's no need to call someone out if they prefer to wear elites to go grocery shopping or to the mall, who cares if you don't "ball" in them?  I've seen some pretty gnarly looking guys in some awful kicks who don't play half bad, and I also know of some fellas who for some unknown reason, sometimes play in running shoes and do just fine.  Completely subjective and sometimes just silly that we get "caught up" with what looks cool or "normal"

DO YOU, and be cool with it.  Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. End rant...
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

Are these considered low cut?

indifferent.gif

sad thing is im probably better than you yet your the only talking trash.

why would i wear quarters or crews while wearing low top shoes? i only wear lows so im straight.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

why would i wear quarters or crews while wearing low top shoes? i only wear lows so im straight.

How can you be better than him if you died while in a korean sauna?

Im from canada and around my area not many people know of elite socks, they just know its what the NCAA dudes are ballin in these days.. But it seems like theres not as much crazy buzz or hype up here

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

^^ Thanks but I am more interested in cbrooks answer. Here are a couple more "bums" in non crew socks

i thought low-cut=no show-i could be wrong, but that was my take on it.
those are high quarters, why would i call him out if i rock high quarters? (ironically i wore that shoe and sock combo today)
Zyzz wrote:
cbrooks3 wrote:
MoNeyLiCiouS wrote:

laugh.gif
 how you gonna just assume you're better than me? must be pretty confident in your game.

i wear crews and high quarters with my low-cut shoes because i don't want to get blisters on my ankles and in my opinion, it looks better.

lmao at this debate on no show v low v quarter etc....
if dude rocks no shows to hoop in then let him, it's no indication of their game, just personal preference
its just like if someone likes to wear low tops compared to a mid or high top, braces no braces
as for no shows, go pick up some of the nba no shows, they feel as good as the quarters

Such a pointless debate
laugh.gif
looking just at a person's socks is no indication of that person's skill on the court

cbrooks-

Ok well if we are saying low cut = no shows then I will say that most people dont wear them with high top or mid cut shoes. Too many blisters or whatever. But to each there own. I am sure somehere there is somebody dropping 40 a night in a league in no shows. But I do agree that its a tough combo to play in.

I only play and casual in no shows.

I love the elite sock for winter time when it gets cold around the house and wish there was a no show version/ankle

Originally Posted by Derrtay

I've definitely seen it all on NT now that I've seen socks equate to skill level.

Yuuuup..id ball everyone up in here because i got the USA elites, aint nobody seein me.

I've definitely seen it all on NT now that I've seen socks equate to skill level.

Yuuuup..id ball everyone up in here because i got the USA elites, aint nobody seein me.

lol so if I double up am I twice as good ? 
laugh.gif

but all jokes aside if anyone is looking for certain colors not available in their area

footaction is offering free shipping on all regular price items and elite socks are included

and i think they have most colors and sizes (L/XL)

Do you mind me using this as my signature?
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom