What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Nice find. There might be difference between those and stance's performance line of socks.  I haven't tried any though so i don't know
Yeah, I don't think those are designed specifically for basketball, even though it says Athletic on there.  Should work fine though.  Stance makes a lot of different types of socks and a lot are available in skate/surf shops.

For basketball, look for Fusions or hoop specific ones, especially the ones that have that L/R designation and the band across the midfoot.

Having played in both Stance and FBF NBA, I'm not going to lose any sleep over them switching haha.  I'm a big proponent of Nike Elites so not a huge deal to me.

Those aren't the performance socks. The reg socks had different thicknesses to them listed on package. Those are medium thickness. Others were thin

Which of the nike elite socks are the thickest (in comparison to the run-of-the-mill generic nike cotton socks)? Running, basketball, training, or something else i've overlooked...?

Does anyone know if Nike plans to discontinue the regular Elite socks and only produce Hyper Elites? I work at a D1cks Sporting Goods and we rarely get regular Elites anymore. And when we do they are the quarter cut socks. We get a ton of Hyper Elites in all colors. The regular Elites have even been going on sale sometimes buy 1 get 1 50% which I have never seen in the 4 years I have been with the company up until recently

Does anyone know if Nike plans to discontinue the regular Elite socks and only produce Hyper Elites? I work at a D1cks Sporting Goods and we rarely get regular Elites anymore. And when we do they are the quarter cut socks. We get a ton of Hyper Elites in all colors. The regular Elites have even been going on sale sometimes buy 1 get 1 50% which I have never seen in the 4 years I have been with the company up until recently
I don't think so and I don't think they should. The basic Elite Socks should be an ongoing product for at least the next 2-3 years. There is nothing wrong with them IMO. I think they should always keep making the core colors such as Black/White, White/Black, Black/Red, etc etc.

One think I do ask is to make an all Black and an all White regular Elite Basketball sock.

This. Why nike, have you not put them out in all black? Not everyone wants that silly line down the back of their socks.

Exactly... I would kill for some solid color elites. I get that it's brand recognition and ish and associating that type of sock with Nike, but I would buy a lot of them

Anyone else's hyper elite socks start fraying with those little elastic bits poking out off the sock now?

I'm wondering how durable they are compared to the regular elite socks. For those who have had both for a while, which do you prefer?

the NBA version of Stance has MORE cushion than a REGULAR Stance bro(like what u copped from Ross),,,NEXT season the entire NBA will sport the STANCE brand
i already knew that. i like funky socks anyway. i just wanted to see the quality of there socks really. an price was good.

Recent adoptee of the Elite socks. Have found some pairs at Ross/TJ Maxx for the low but have only seen 3 pairs in my size so far. One of which I bought and took back thinking I had the wrong size (first pair I bought). Won't make that mistake then.

The size XL struggle is real. Even the Nike outlet only has M or L.

Any places for sub-retail with the larger size?

Recent adoptee of the Elite socks. Have found some pairs at Ross/TJ Maxx for the low but have only seen 3 pairs in my size so far. One of which I bought and took back thinking I had the wrong size (first pair I bought). Won't make that mistake then.

The size XL struggle is real. Even the Nike outlet only has M or L.

Any places for sub-retail with the larger size?
Keep checking Ross, they get XLs on a pretty regular basis. 

checked out the stance socks at HOH.  

I only saw two kinds,  one with medium cushion and another with light cushion

"light cushion" (pretty thin, not much cushion at all.  dont use these for sports imo)

"medium cushion" (feels slightly thicker than half cushion socks from nike, but not as thick as elite socks).  seems like an adequate amount of cushion for sports and active wear

Last edited:
Looking fot some information. Any pairs of significance/background that have been made?

Kay Yows
Team USA
Player Specific (Kobe/KD/Lebron/Kyrie/ect.)

What else?

Last edited:
Off the top of my head:

BHM (annual release to match BHM shoes)
All Star (to match Zoom City collection)
Doernbecher

My usa got messed up.. Is there anyway to prevent this? I have the current USA socks and Idk how i should wash them. I dont want them ending up like this /:

Did you machine wash/dry those?

That has happened to me with a KD pair, but it just happened from normal wear and tear.  I hand wash and hang dry all of mine, with occasional machine washing, but never machine drying.  For the most part they are okay.  But that did happen to me with that one pair, so maybe it happens every now and then.

When you guys wash your elite socks, do you flip them inside out before throwing them in the washing machine?

Back
Top Bottom