What's it gonna take to see a GR AT1 Chlorophyll retro? (25th anniv. is upon us)

why are we volunteering to pay more for "premium" product that only comes close to what general release quality used to be?

why are we volunteering to pay more for "premium" product that only comes close to what general release quality used to be?

size twelve is right. Doesnt make sense to pay for something that we are suspose to be getting in the fist place. and btw nike needs to bring this shoe back asap for real.

size twelve is right. Doesnt make sense to pay for something that we are suspose to be getting in the fist place. and btw nike needs to bring this shoe back asap for real.

2000s retailed at $89.99. We know all too well about the quality there. OG like in almost every regard. A few years later, a limited to overseas release comes out and Americans need to fork out over $140 bucks shipped for a pair that retailed for $90. A pair that started to feature synthetic materials. So even right then, we were getting less for more. And the trend has just been the same since. 2009s limited run at Ubiq had a retail price of $90. Tr1 legacy package combined two $90 msrp shoes for a $180 package.

The standard has pretty much been set for a few releases now. For $90, you will get synthetic materials. And the way Nike has set things up and whether or not it's mind games, I don't know. But most now would see an at1 chloro. for $90 and almost forget about the quality changes. We're all willing to drop that money given this shoes limited run past. They throw in mediocre quality and these changes on limited shoes that people would pay more for anyways. It's some slick nasty tactics they use on us.

I'm just trying to be reasonable here, given Nike's current standards. I'm here to say, I would barely pay $90 for what they are offering. But for $20 dollars more and a material improvement, I'd buy 10 pairs.. Of course I would love 2000 quality and the 2000 price of $89.99, but through all this ranting and raving I can be rather open to price increases given proper results

2000s retailed at $89.99. We know all too well about the quality there. OG like in almost every regard. A few years later, a limited to overseas release comes out and Americans need to fork out over $140 bucks shipped for a pair that retailed for $90. A pair that started to feature synthetic materials. So even right then, we were getting less for more. And the trend has just been the same since. 2009s limited run at Ubiq had a retail price of $90. Tr1 legacy package combined two $90 msrp shoes for a $180 package.

The standard has pretty much been set for a few releases now. For $90, you will get synthetic materials. And the way Nike has set things up and whether or not it's mind games, I don't know. But most now would see an at1 chloro. for $90 and almost forget about the quality changes. We're all willing to drop that money given this shoes limited run past. They throw in mediocre quality and these changes on limited shoes that people would pay more for anyways. It's some slick nasty tactics they use on us.

I'm just trying to be reasonable here, given Nike's current standards. I'm here to say, I would barely pay $90 for what they are offering. But for $20 dollars more and a material improvement, I'd buy 10 pairs.. Of course I would love 2000 quality and the 2000 price of $89.99, but through all this ranting and raving I can be rather open to price increases given proper results

And to get a true glimpse of how Nike feels about classically inspired colorways, they bring something like this to us.

I spotted these on a french website earlier this week.

iz2f7m.jpg

15hj5h0.jpg

2icb3b4.jpg

Likely a euro exclusive like the past 5 at1s.. So very close but a true curveball move with the speckled print, the grey outsole/outrigger, and blue accent pieces mixing with red.... Let's take everything thats great about the varsity reds and take it down a notch.. News is still news, so I report to you all this terrible news of the week. Luckily if you want a pair, youll need to drop 110 euro plus 45 shipping or about $210 USD.
laugh.gif

I also spot contrast stitching of grey everywhere plus colored velcro. The  white toebox leather looks to be that of the air trainer iii current retro variety with the same sort of spacing. Talk about a slow painful death as they pick away parts that made these colorways great...

RIP buddy

They either go overly bland with uninspired GR colorways or feel a need to change something that worked.. /end weekly rant

And to get a true glimpse of how Nike feels about classically inspired colorways, they bring something like this to us.

I spotted these on a french website earlier this week.

iz2f7m.jpg

15hj5h0.jpg

2icb3b4.jpg

Likely a euro exclusive like the past 5 at1s.. So very close but a true curveball move with the speckled print, the grey outsole/outrigger, and blue accent pieces mixing with red.... Let's take everything thats great about the varsity reds and take it down a notch.. News is still news, so I report to you all this terrible news of the week. Luckily if you want a pair, youll need to drop 110 euro plus 45 shipping or about $210 USD.
laugh.gif

I also spot contrast stitching of grey everywhere plus colored velcro. The  white toebox leather looks to be that of the air trainer iii current retro variety with the same sort of spacing. Talk about a slow painful death as they pick away parts that made these colorways great...

RIP buddy

They either go overly bland with uninspired GR colorways or feel a need to change something that worked.. /end weekly rant

^^^^^^^
Awful..... why the blue unless it has something to do with France, but either way, its terrible.

I mean couldn't they have done one in blue, and other colorway in red, without mixing the two?

The grey is overdone, the speckles are unnecessary....I swear its like they have some 6 year old blind person doing the colorblocking on these retros!

Keep it simple NIKE, and figure out that the OG colorways and the checkerboard tongue would absolutely "fly" off shelves if you used a halfway decent leather and brought back the retro box.  DONE. END of STORY.

^^^^^^^
Awful..... why the blue unless it has something to do with France, but either way, its terrible.

I mean couldn't they have done one in blue, and other colorway in red, without mixing the two?

The grey is overdone, the speckles are unnecessary....I swear its like they have some 6 year old blind person doing the colorblocking on these retros!

Keep it simple NIKE, and figure out that the OG colorways and the checkerboard tongue would absolutely "fly" off shelves if you used a halfway decent leather and brought back the retro box.  DONE. END of STORY.

Simple was def one of the key aspects back in the glory days. Mix it with top notch quality and you have a winner. They're tryin way to much nowadays, okay fine if you wanna mess around with 1000.. different designs,colors on a shoe stick to your new releases.. lebrons,hyperjunks etc..but leave the OG retro stuff alone, i mean who are Nike really tryin to reach with these ******ed attempts? The new generation? they dont care about the old stuff unless its limited, hyped up or they can make a buck or 2 from it. So whos left? of course the generation that grew up with the shoe!! and what do we want? the og look or speckled-fusion-rainbowcolored-banana-remakes?? well if Nike cant figure that one out then they really need to check the mirror once again, cause what theyre doin right now is such a WASTE!!!

Simple was def one of the key aspects back in the glory days. Mix it with top notch quality and you have a winner. They're tryin way to much nowadays, okay fine if you wanna mess around with 1000.. different designs,colors on a shoe stick to your new releases.. lebrons,hyperjunks etc..but leave the OG retro stuff alone, i mean who are Nike really tryin to reach with these ******ed attempts? The new generation? they dont care about the old stuff unless its limited, hyped up or they can make a buck or 2 from it. So whos left? of course the generation that grew up with the shoe!! and what do we want? the og look or speckled-fusion-rainbowcolored-banana-remakes?? well if Nike cant figure that one out then they really need to check the mirror once again, cause what theyre doin right now is such a WASTE!!!

So with the conclusion of some historic auctions on ebay, I am a bit taken back by the prices and decided to bump this thread.

I spotted this online a few weeks back
http://[h3]MICHAEL JORDAN (1986)[/h3]AIR COMES TO JAPAN!

http://flattophitop.blogspot.com/2011/10/michael-jordan-1985.html

It's probably about time to release a varsity red retro as well, with a grey sockliner
%24%28KGrHqRHJDIE7Bcvhfy8BO0cojZbtg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

I cry myself to sleep knowing what I missed out on, and know won't ever come close to being that way... A tough pill to swallow every night

So with the conclusion of some historic auctions on ebay, I am a bit taken back by the prices and decided to bump this thread.

I spotted this online a few weeks back
http://[h3]MICHAEL JORDAN (1986)[/h3]AIR COMES TO JAPAN!

http://flattophitop.blogspot.com/2011/10/michael-jordan-1985.html

It's probably about time to release a varsity red retro as well, with a grey sockliner
%24%28KGrHqRHJDIE7Bcvhfy8BO0cojZbtg%7E%7E60_12.JPG

I cry myself to sleep knowing what I missed out on, and know won't ever come close to being that way... A tough pill to swallow every night

Scrolling through Niketalk retro section and I see the letters "A" , "T" and the number, "1", followed by the word "retro", I coughed up my spleen.

Wally, I am down to do WHATEVER(almost, NT
grin.gif
) to get these retroed. Sign me up for Team Retro the 1!

Scrolling through Niketalk retro section and I see the letters "A" , "T" and the number, "1", followed by the word "retro", I coughed up my spleen.

Wally, I am down to do WHATEVER(almost, NT
grin.gif
) to get these retroed. Sign me up for Team Retro the 1!

It's time Nike, seriously , these need to come back with og materials and shape.

It's time Nike, seriously , these need to come back with og materials and shape.

Are these retros good quality or are you guys talking about getting back to better than this? Am curious.

Are these retros good quality or are you guys talking about getting back to better than this? Am curious.

That's a pretty nice collection right there. As said earlier, I'd pay a nice chunk of change to get these as a GR. I don't care if everyone else had them so long as I had mine.
What I'd really like is for Nike to regularly offer stuff like these as iDs with the original colors/blocking/materials as an available option. 

That's a pretty nice collection right there. As said earlier, I'd pay a nice chunk of change to get these as a GR. I don't care if everyone else had them so long as I had mine.
What I'd really like is for Nike to regularly offer stuff like these as iDs with the original colors/blocking/materials as an available option. 

Back
Top Bottom