What's it gonna take to see a GR AT1 Chlorophyll retro? (25th anniv. is upon us)

Originally Posted by Tr1ll
laugh.gif

Good story...

But gotta throw in McEnroe too...! 
wink.gif

2231245127_c2f0839c54_o.jpg

Some potentially good news.

Chlorophyll Air Trainer 1s are back. All info leads to an Holiday 2012 release date (October).

All points also lead to what is believed to be the same mold of the 2002/2008/2009 synthetic material checkerboard tongue nylon tongue mold.

October releases usually have production begin a good 6 months ahead of time. So we fall just two weeks before these begin being made. So for those I PM'ed, a full on crusade for a TRUE to FORM retro is not really feasible.

Maybe next time.

Then again, It's all speculation at this point what the finished product will be. Maybe the samples people saw change from now to then. Nike has just lost all trust so there is little optimism on my side.. But others can cue up the 80s white kid dancing GIF. It's good news that some now don't have to pay $180 for a 2008 retro
laugh.gif
. So for those that still want these, in any form, your time has come.. Enjoy
pimp.gif

Some potentially good news.

Chlorophyll Air Trainer 1s are back. All info leads to an Holiday 2012 release date (October).

All points also lead to what is believed to be the same mold of the 2002/2008/2009 synthetic material checkerboard tongue nylon tongue mold.

October releases usually have production begin a good 6 months ahead of time. So we fall just two weeks before these begin being made. So for those I PM'ed, a full on crusade for a TRUE to FORM retro is not really feasible.

Maybe next time.

Then again, It's all speculation at this point what the finished product will be. Maybe the samples people saw change from now to then. Nike has just lost all trust so there is little optimism on my side.. But others can cue up the 80s white kid dancing GIF. It's good news that some now don't have to pay $180 for a 2008 retro
laugh.gif
. So for those that still want these, in any form, your time has come.. Enjoy
pimp.gif

One can only hope for a quality release , we saw it on the sc II's but as wally stated , i wouldnt hold my breath

One can only hope for a quality release , we saw it on the sc II's but as wally stated , i wouldnt hold my breath

yeah greenrhino, I'm pretty much done with wanting this to be like this crazy nice GR where I can tell the old folks at my gym to go to your local store and pick them up. I wants MINES right about now. I'm done appeasing the masses, so the speak. For years, I wanted others to feel and see what I felt (just out of a retro, which in reality doesn't come close to the 1987-1994 og quality. But that's neither here or there.)

Limit the hell out of it. I'll find a way to get at least one pair. Charge me $250, the going rate of a 2000 retro, and Nike can bank home all the profits. Just give me a wearable high top gym shoe that is comfortable.. (2002-2009 were bricks on your feet in large part because of the stiff upper).

Tr1ll, I missed your post from a few months back. You really have to appreciate those unique raw sneaker moments. It happens quite frequently for me... Ever since Nike started getting wacky with the colors and such, people are just drawn in to normal looking shoes. I'm stopped at the gym once in awhile when I have on my 2004 at1 lows (as pictured above). Just your everyday basic as hell colorway. I think nothing of them really. Kids are drawn into the crazy designs or colors more. But now there's a tide turning here. It may be small in numbers, but Nike is in prime position to take advantage. Let's see if they do it.

Here's a varsity red I salvaged off of ebay.. Water stained and damaged.. Still surprisingly wearable..
d64351f641c86586cf4acb9cba0b762ed1de307_r.JPG

That's another OG on the radar not even talked about. I think I'll stick with one c/w for now.

I forgot the photo of my favorite ambassador of the OGs...

ca01504b6acfc4b8cb909c2d8d6b106b9c7363f_r.jpg

d5615a4069cac6b47a7a94168ca138a699230da_r.jpg

------------

The molds are there.. Just last year there were euro releases of these. And every year prior since 2000.. So that's not the problem
The materials are there. They are on the vtg blazers and other sbs you see retailing for less than $120. Give me something soft that comes close in color.

Instead it really, truly feels like they are sticking it to Tinker in some regard. The total lack of early cross trainer respect is almost off the radar in the negative direction.. And that's when they release them with crappy materials, and we thank them
laugh.gif

----

Here was one of my 1990 "retros" including the pamphlet and arch supports.. Nike has fallen on hard times.
c081594261c0cdb91a11a9cd3c0b99dd4a3f862_r.JPG

I even sold them to a dude out in Oregon thinking they may be used in the reproduction/ retro of anything upcoming.. I guess that is remaining to be seen.

yeah greenrhino, I'm pretty much done with wanting this to be like this crazy nice GR where I can tell the old folks at my gym to go to your local store and pick them up. I wants MINES right about now. I'm done appeasing the masses, so the speak. For years, I wanted others to feel and see what I felt (just out of a retro, which in reality doesn't come close to the 1987-1994 og quality. But that's neither here or there.)

Limit the hell out of it. I'll find a way to get at least one pair. Charge me $250, the going rate of a 2000 retro, and Nike can bank home all the profits. Just give me a wearable high top gym shoe that is comfortable.. (2002-2009 were bricks on your feet in large part because of the stiff upper).

Tr1ll, I missed your post from a few months back. You really have to appreciate those unique raw sneaker moments. It happens quite frequently for me... Ever since Nike started getting wacky with the colors and such, people are just drawn in to normal looking shoes. I'm stopped at the gym once in awhile when I have on my 2004 at1 lows (as pictured above). Just your everyday basic as hell colorway. I think nothing of them really. Kids are drawn into the crazy designs or colors more. But now there's a tide turning here. It may be small in numbers, but Nike is in prime position to take advantage. Let's see if they do it.

Here's a varsity red I salvaged off of ebay.. Water stained and damaged.. Still surprisingly wearable..
d64351f641c86586cf4acb9cba0b762ed1de307_r.JPG

That's another OG on the radar not even talked about. I think I'll stick with one c/w for now.

I forgot the photo of my favorite ambassador of the OGs...

ca01504b6acfc4b8cb909c2d8d6b106b9c7363f_r.jpg

d5615a4069cac6b47a7a94168ca138a699230da_r.jpg

------------

The molds are there.. Just last year there were euro releases of these. And every year prior since 2000.. So that's not the problem
The materials are there. They are on the vtg blazers and other sbs you see retailing for less than $120. Give me something soft that comes close in color.

Instead it really, truly feels like they are sticking it to Tinker in some regard. The total lack of early cross trainer respect is almost off the radar in the negative direction.. And that's when they release them with crappy materials, and we thank them
laugh.gif

----

Here was one of my 1990 "retros" including the pamphlet and arch supports.. Nike has fallen on hard times.
c081594261c0cdb91a11a9cd3c0b99dd4a3f862_r.JPG

I even sold them to a dude out in Oregon thinking they may be used in the reproduction/ retro of anything upcoming.. I guess that is remaining to be seen.

Accordingt to Ty in another post, these are coming this October. Only info I've heard though. Hope the shape and quality are on point with these. They get lazy with it way too much lately.

Accordingt to Ty in another post, these are coming this October. Only info I've heard though. Hope the shape and quality are on point with these. They get lazy with it way too much lately.

I'll finally be able to check these off my list of shoes I wanted when I was young but always seemed to miss out on.

I'll finally be able to check these off my list of shoes I wanted when I was young but always seemed to miss out on.

If they come out, I'll grab at least two pr. It's one of those "staple shoes" in my mind. One of those joints you should have a clean pair stashed away for years to come because the design never gets old. Years from now, they'll still be dope.

If they come out, I'll grab at least two pr. It's one of those "staple shoes" in my mind. One of those joints you should have a clean pair stashed away for years to come because the design never gets old. Years from now, they'll still be dope.

If these are done correctly like the SC IIs, put me down for two pairs.  Easily one of my most wanted shoes ever, and also the most elusive (for a decent price).  

If these are done correctly like the SC IIs, put me down for two pairs.  Easily one of my most wanted shoes ever, and also the most elusive (for a decent price).  

Not looking good fellas..

The more people I speak with, the worse it gets. Another report of them looking more like the 2002 than anything else. And another report of a price of $110. The only positive is that 2002-2009 can run you upwards of $200. So this is for those that finally wanted a pair but not at $190.. 

For everyone else, Nike is saying, jump off that bridge already. There's nothing left for you

Not looking good fellas..

The more people I speak with, the worse it gets. Another report of them looking more like the 2002 than anything else. And another report of a price of $110. The only positive is that 2002-2009 can run you upwards of $200. So this is for those that finally wanted a pair but not at $190.. 

For everyone else, Nike is saying, jump off that bridge already. There's nothing left for you

Back
Top Bottom