Whats the loudest you heard a crowd?

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Qwest Field and Rose Garden are hands down the 2 loudest places I have ever been and I have seen sports all over the country. Qwest during the NFC Title game especially. The Rose Garden gets twice as loud during the playoffs, as if it werent loud enough during the season. Paul Allen had both sttadiums built to be loud and he did a great job.
yeah.... was wondering how rose garden got so loud when they seat only around 14,000 people
laugh.gif
(correct me if i'm wrong about seating capacity

The Rose Garden fits more people then the Staples Center......

IMO The cowbells is what made Arco loud. If the ROARacle had stupid cowbells during the We Believe Era it would have been louder. Oracle's crowd noise wasall crowd, no bells

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by dland24

smh.gif
Kings fans.

Went to a Kings playoff game in 2002. Went to all the Warriors playoff games in 2007. Its not even close. Oracle>Arco

This proves my point that the Warrior "fan base" were all Kings fans before their one good season.
Ignorance.

Paul Allen is an audio and acoustic geek, so when the Rose garden and Qwest were designed, they were shaped to be the loudest venues in all of sports. The Rosegarden has panels inside that bounce sound around like you wouldn't believe. Qwest is the most acoustically sound stadium in existence.

I would say the Oracle was louder than Arco from my TV, but it could've been all those dB meters and other tricks the broadcasters were laying onus.

This is a little beside the point, but the Oracle has been consistently loud for two or three seasons now even though they sucked this year... which cannot besaid about Arco and "the greatest crowd in the NBA."

roll.gif
at the 6th man hanging in the rafters at Arco, yet they had the worstattendance in the league this year.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Believe it or not. America Airlines Arena/Hell's Kitchen during the 2006 Finals.

A Miami Heat game is the LAST place you'd go to see "die hard" fans being the loudest.
laugh.gif

Fair-weather central.
Don't take what I'm about to say personal but.........

Shut up
laugh.gif
. Don't you have some player from one of your teams to#%$$# about and boo?

BTW, I'm far from a fair weather fan. I bleed Miami.

The old Kingdom when JR scored from first on a Edger double to beat the Yankees in the ALDS... Place went nuts
The Rose Garden which hold 19,000 not 14,000
And even though i hate to say it Mac Court and Autzen Stadium of U of Oregon

2005 World Junior Hockey Championships.

Team Canada playing so close to home soil.

You cannot even fathom.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I wasn't there, so it doesn't give much credence to my opinion on this, but the final seconds of the 2002 WCF with the Horry shot was the loudest I've ever heard my TV.

http://www.youtube.com/v/xp19op8uK1E&rel=1
i remember that game...i remember i was pissed at him for missing a bunch of 3's
and after that game i started to praise him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by casedx2110

The old Kingdom when JR scored from first on a Edger double to beat the Yankees in the ALDS... Place went nuts
The Rose Garden which hold 19,000 not 14,000
And even though i hate to say it Mac Court and Autzen Stadium of U of Oregon
As I said earlier, I was in the Kingdome when Grif was running home. And I agree on Autzen. Every team that has ever been there, including everyBig 10 team, has said it is by far the loudest stadium in the country. The best moment for me though was after Oregon beat Michigan, made the SI cover, andLloyd Carr said it was the loudest place he's ever been, WSU waltzed in and put up 55 on them in their house.

Jazz vs Nuggets earlier this year was pretty loud. I don't really make it to too many games, but against a division rival? insanely loud.

Honestly, I really hate to say this, because I'm not even a fan of the "sport", but it was when Undertaker came back on Judgment day in FreedomHall. Dudes in there lost their mind, you would have thought Jesus came back that night.

Off the top.

Key Arena during the '96 Finals
Delta Center during the '97 & '98 Finals
Skydome during the '92 & '93 World Series
Arco Arena from '99-2003.

Atlanta Centennial Olympic Stadium in '96 during Michael Johnson's 200m run.
Sydney Olympic Stadium in 2000 during Cathy Freeman's 400m run.
Sydney Aquatic Olympic Center in 2000 during any Swimming Finals involving Thorpedo or any Australian vs. U.S. Finals.

Ive been to a lot of sporting events at a lot of different venues... but

KENTUCKY DERBY 134 2008 was CRAZY!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Right before they opened the gates, im standing on the rooftop of Churchill Downs... and all the sudden 150,000 people go bananas
eek.gif

I swear i got chills like crazy.

Cant wait til Saturday to experience that again
pimp.gif

redsox yankees 2 years ago at fenway...

nuggets spurs playoffs 3 years ago when Horry sank the 3 to finish the series...

broncos bengals couple years back on christmas day where cincy botched the snap on the extra point to lose the game...

It was some Sacramento Kings game, couldn't even hear the announcers, at Arco, all you heard was yelling and cowbells and whistles, i couldn't tellwhich was a game whistle.

those sacramento cowbells remind me of that garbage manufactured sound by the seahawks before. really, your crowd is already loud, do you have to fake it withbells and speakers?

Originally Posted by ikari XD

those sacramento cowbells remind me of that garbage manufactured sound by the seahawks before. really, your crowd is already loud, do you have to fake it with bells and speakers?

The reason the cowbells started is because Phil Jackson refferred to Sacramento as a "cow town", so they were a way to mock him that grew into a hugefad especially whenever we played LA

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by ikari XD

those sacramento cowbells remind me of that garbage manufactured sound by the seahawks before. really, your crowd is already loud, do you have to fake it with bells and speakers?

The reason the cowbells started is because Phil Jackson refferred to Sacramento as a "cow town", so they were a way to mock him that grew into a huge fad especially whenever we played LA
i understand that, but my point is, those kings vs lakers days should be lumped in with people from qwest field claiming they were so loud whenthey both had manufactured sound. whats stopping a place from starting a pots and pans hype to be the loudest arena?

Back
Top Bottom