What's the most Prestigious position in Sports?

For a while it was the heavyweight champion of the world. Around Olympic time one could make the argument that it's the fastest man in the world. In theU.S. one might say its the quarterback of the Cowboys or the captain of the Yankees. Are there anymore positions in the World of sports that have alot ofsignificance?

its gotta be QB i mean dude from the falcons just got voted sexiest athlete in america or some *%%% like that. I didnt even know people watched Falcons games.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

its gotta be QB i mean dude from the falcons just got voted sexiest athlete in america or some *%%% like that. I didnt even know people watched Falcons games.

Just QB though? There are QB's everywhere so which is biggest? QB of the Cowboys? Of USC? Notre Dame?

NBA MVP Best Player maybe?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

Just QB though? There are QB's everywhere so which is biggest? QB of the Cowboys? Of USC? Notre Dame?
He said what position... not what single job.

NFL QB is the answer.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

NFL QB is the answer.

It's obvious the QB of the Vikings is going to get more love than the QB of the Texans. There's levels of prestige even among NFL quarterbacks.

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

NFL QB is the answer.

It's obvious the QB of the Vikings is going to get more love than the QB of the Texans. There's levels of prestige even among NFL quarterbacks.
Vikings? That was your best example?
laugh.gif

The Pound for Pound Champion of the world.......
grin.gif

surprised no one brought up SS for the Yankees or head coaching positions of big-time college programs (UCLA Bball, USC Football, etc.)

an all-star for the LA Lakers or QB for the 9ers
laugh.gif
(at least it used to be the most prestigious position in sports)

the most prestigious position in sports is Formula One Racing champion.... (or where Tiger Woods which isn't really a position)

laugh.gif
i'm not sure how this relates....but while having some beers withmy guy at a bar the other day, a yankee game was on one tv, and tom brady was on another....so i sent out a mass text to about 30-40 females...

"Derek Jeter or Tom Brady?"

it was Jeter in a landslide...wasn't even close.

It's definitely QB but being captain for the Yankees or being Derek Jeter > all

Dude has a key to NY city and can get any broad he wants...I can't even think of someone who hates Jeter

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

laugh.gif
i'm not sure how this relates....but while having some beers with my guy at a bar the other day, a yankee game was on one tv, and tom brady was on another....so i sent out a mass text to about 30-40 females...

"Derek Jeter or Tom Brady?"

it was Jeter in a landslide...wasn't even close.
you asked GIRLS tho. that's gonna be a who's cuter contest...

yeah, but if it wasn't for their "prestige" them chicks wouldn't know who they were? stupid, i know...just thought i'd share.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

1) Captain of the Yankees
2) Montreal Canadiens goaltender
3) QB of the Cowboys
really doubt that if you ask 100 people what sports position they would rather be, the #2 choice would be that.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

1) Captain of the Yankees
2) Montreal Canadiens goaltender
3) QB of the Cowboys
really doubt that if you ask 100 people what sports position they would rather be, the #2 choice would be that.
Depends where you ask the question... If you ask the question on NT, then yea, nobody will say it.... Go to Canada and ask the same question andnobody will say QB of the Cowboys.

i just realized that this applies to the whole world of sports not just the USA, so based on that id have to say a big time soccer player would be the positionthat most would want in sports (those guys get vaj in every corner of the earth they visit.

Originally Posted by Troponin C

i just realized that this applies to the whole world of sports not just the USA, so based on that id have to say a big time soccer player would be the position that most would want in sports (those guys get vaj in every corner of the earth they visit.

Muhammad Ali probably got more global vaj than anyone, everywhere, and I mean from everywhere! From the root to the fruit, starting in the hood to the highestpoint in society. I seriously doubt that some random soccer player, even Beckham could have given him comp, considering his global exploits.

But the title heavyweight champ isn't what it used to be anymore. There is no personality there, btw who is the champ these days? So instead of position insports, I'd have to say the person with the greatest potential is Young Mister LeBron James.

Back
Top Bottom