What's the Most Unsanitary Thing You've Seen Someone Do Where Food is Served?

On the heels of this:

and as the title says, what's the most unsanitary think you've seen someone do in a public place where food is served? Did you call that person out...if so, what was their reaction?

I think I told this story...back in college we had an omelette bar on the weekends in the dining hall. After a late night, all I wanted was an omelette w/ swiss. Got my joint from the chef and went to a table to sit and eat. Took a few bites and then I couldn't chew the cheese. Didn't take long to realize that the cheese I had was actually part of a plastic glove. I took the food back to the chef and saw that he was missing the thumb on his glove :sick: Went right to management, have no clue what happened after that...

Not necessary the most unsanitary but one of the dumbest things that happened recently...at Panda Express, guy comes from the back/kitchen and was already wearing gloves, proceeds to wash his hands while still wearing the gloves, and then plates the meals.

Ordered steamed broccoli from a takeout Chinese restaurant. Popped the top only to see a steamed pellet of rat **** in the broccoli... I felt like jumping over the damn counter. I’ve never eaten from a Chinese restaurant again.

Also have found hair in my food multiple times from many different establishments over the years. It’s like I have a bad omen for it. I legit perform a byopsy on my food before eating it now.

I knew a dude that worked at a chinese restaurant in the early 2000s. Dude told me that the chefs would spit on the grill to see if it was hot enough to cook something..

Hair in my food is the worst I've gotten , but also have had a waiter w/ no sense of personal hygiene which was gross.

i think in like 2003 i went to a blimpies and ordered a wrap. the worker dropped a chocolate chip cookie on the floor and asked me if i wanted it for free. shook my head. the wrap was crap.

I saw one of the "Corn on a stick" street cart venders take a piss behind a dumpster.....and proceeded to serve some people a few houses away. Never washed his hands, lol.

At waffle House (expected, i know) i saw a girl grab the dustpan to empty the trash then go directly to the plate to adjust a pickle. Not my plate.

Saw a woman lick the cheese off her finger while making my nachos. Called her out and asked for another order.

Last week the girl taking my order looked me in my eyes while wiping her nose.

I'm QUICK to leave a place if i see something fishy or i feel the service is poor.

Someone brought some snacks to a meeting...had a coworker double-dip her chips in the dip, but also ignored the tongs to pick up cheese/veggies and just used her hands :smh:

Someone brought some snacks to a meeting...had a coworker double-dip her chips in the dip, but also ignored the tongs to pick up cheese/veggies and just used her hands :smh:
If we’re being honest dip at a gathering in general is sus. Too many variables. Same thing with an open punch bowl idc.

Last edited:
giphy.webp

Ate Korean BBQ and one of the waiters didn't wash his hands in the bathroom.

I’ve seen a worker at Einstein bagel drop another customers food and pick it up like nothing happened .. just looked at him and shrugged lol without saying anything and he gave me my order for free

Saw some dude at a Chinese restaurant who was making the food sneeze into the pan and continue cooking
Me and my mom almost puked

Waitress at a low key Spanish restaurant randomly grabbing dudes d**** as she walked by but still going to the back to make food :lol: :smh:

I was only there to drink so I was good

I had a job in highschool at a grocery store in the meat department. My tasks were basically to prep chicken, steaks and ground beef. Put them in those trays, wrap em, price em and put em out on the shelf. I'd have to check every once in a while and make sure there was enough of each product on the shelves.

One day I was stocking stuff and noticed some ground beef was expired. It had some green **** in the middle. I took it off the shelf and brought it back. My boss (the butcher) seen me unwrapping it and about to toss it out and stopped me. He asked why I was doing that and I showed him.

The man says no this is what you do...he flipped the ground beef over so you couldn't see the green ****, rewrapped it and priced it with a new expiry date.

Couldn't believe that **** smh

My biggest pet peeve is when workers don't realize the gloves they wear aren't worn to protect them from food but to protect the food from them. If I see you using you're phone or scratching your face with food handling gloves on, I'm walking out. That **** is groce.

I’ve seen a worker at Einstein bagel drop another customers food and pick it up like nothing happened .. just looked at him and shrugged lol without saying anything and he gave me my order for free
damn man :smh: shoulda talked

Sonic

im in the car eating on my lunch break

i notice a car on the other side with a mini dolbermann (i know thats not the name but i HATE dogs so i aint looking that **** up)

the dog is in the car jumping all over the place from the front to the back windows

a few minutes later the cook comes outside looking nasty as hell with animal hair all over his uniform

he gets in feeds and plays with the dog for a while then goes back in

no i know, yes, he could of very well went in and washed his hands. but the amount of dog hair all over that dude :sick::sick::sick:, no telling if he did or didnt

never went back

Back
Top Bottom