Whats the Real Deal with Stephon Marbury???

^^ not for the future. But hes sure as hell the best we got ourselves right now

They're paying him 21millie this season might as well play him and get something out of him.

Dude isn't stupid...he's not going to take a buy out or waiver when he's due that much money.

Shuges- My man
pimp.gif
nh

A lot of great points in this thread. I pretty much agree with all of the pro-Stephon comments. I personally think the organization looks at him as the lastremainder from all the negative backlash they received from the Isiah court case. It seems like they're are punishing him for off-court issues, becauseon-court there's not much you can say about him.

People are quick to call him selfish and a chucker and continue to bring up issues he had with teammates (really only Q and Malik, funny howthey're part of the rotation now huh...) but all of that was generated by the press. And we all know how much the press loves Stephon. He keeps itreal. And when you keep it real all the time it makes those who don't uncomfortable. I'm not trying to make it seem like Stephon is somesort ofarchangel or anything, but it is what it is.

Steph is still a top level talent in the league and it's f*&@#^ up what they are doing to him and even Clyde and the rest of the broadcast team said itdoesn't make sense. Plus the same fans who booed him when the team would lose chanted for him to play in the home opener. Hell, even Sixers fans werescreaming for him to play on Friday.

Idk... I can go on and on about this issue. I guess it's just the BK in me that's standing up for him. First they get rid of Balkman (stupidest moveever), keep Jerome, ditch Ewing Jr., put Malik in the rotation, then deactivate Steph. I'm really starting to regret the Knicks not signing Kenny Smith andMark Jackson instead of D&D.

Karma's a $@!%*. Steph's getting what he deserves. All those years of being selfish and a bad teammate are finally catching up to him. And ifthat's not the problem, it's the fact that Steph wouldn't accept a buy out unless it was his whole contract. Because when you're making over 15million a year, a couple of million is that big of a difference.

As everyone on NY S&T knows, I;m one of the biggest knicks fans on this board. Forget that fact that im not a Stephan Marbury fan, but this whole situationis a complete joke. Instead of playing the dude who has an expiring contract. We decided to sit him, and potentially get NOTHING back in return. I would ratherhave him running the PG spot than Duhon.

What a complete waste of a roster spot. There are so many bums on the team, and they decided to keep them and sit him down.

How are you going to tell someone to get in the best shape of your life, and then have him sit and not play?? That's just a spit to the face. Completedisrespect.

since im in ny and i follow the knicks even though i aint a fan of that team i can tell u what they doing to steph is foul

dantoni says hes moving forward.... but plays duhon a backup poing guard at best, zbo a guy the team tried to trade, david lee a guy who will be a restricted fa next year, collins who should be cut if not for his rookie contract , q rich who might of played well in phoenix that one year but hes complete garbage, andnate robinson the dude who shoots 1st 2nd and 3rd and is a liability on defense

how is that moving forward, on top of that jared jeffries im sure will get burn when he comes back , and hes trash

jamal crawford if hes smart wont re=sign with the team when free agency comes , and wilson chandler is really the only future they have alongside lee andgalinari

and they say marbury cant help this team,, gotta be kidding , no dude can drive to the hoop and get open shots for his team, no he isnt the best defender butno poing guard would just post him up

the knicks fooled there fans with that win, against a not so good heat team, which will be better down the line, they would be better with marbury , if im himi just take it and get 82 dnp and collect 21 mill

Hope he can bounce back. dude used to be one of my fav. players back when he was on the t-wolves with kg.

knicks are looking to rebuild...this year is not about winning...thats why steph aint playing...dantoni is going to be here for more than one year, he'strying to see who he can keep and who should go

i do agree steph SHOULD be played...but it is what it is....steph is handling it like a man and isnt complaining and neither should we. hopefully we get a highdraft pick....and hey...we won a game without him so lets not speculate...i actually think the team plays well without marbury too

and lets not forget...marbury has had issues with the knicks...with isiah, with people that work in the garden, and there have been players who have said theycant get along with him...if players dont like him then there wont be any chemistry when he is on the court, dantoni is trying to build the chemistry back up,so i understand what he is trying to do...however...with all that being said...i do think this is more of a personal thing with dantoni and marbury thananything else

I aint happy seeing starbury out there riding bench when he the best dude on the squad
tired.gif

its crazy when I stated my opinion on this in the knicks thread, everyone was like oh
well if we lost with him we can lose without him and are just bein cold hearted.

my opinion on this situation is the same as most of you in here.

you cant say hey come in the best shape etc. and do whatever was asked of you and then now to pull all that out from under him.
he was just ready to explode this season and I can see and feel that... thats why this upsets me so much
on top of that the embarrassment they are purposely making him go through.

like I said this is disrespectful... no matter
how they wanna sugar coat it and make it sound sympathetic for him... its bs

its only 2 games in the season n dantoni already rubbing me the wrong way. especially insulting knick fans and calling them bleep holes

i said it in the knick thread n im saying it now...
its a personal vendetta he has against the man since day one.

i disagree with all the team nyk members that feel he deserves it the way its being dealt, i mean it is their opinion...
but there is a proper way to do things and this isnt one of them... kind of classless if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

knicks are looking to rebuild...this year is not about winning...thats why steph aint playing...dantoni is going to be here for more than one year, he's trying to see who he can keep and who should go
as a nicks fan i disagree. Yes this season is more about getting on track, but until the Knicks are clearly out of the playoff picture we need totry and win games. And playing Steph gives us the best chance to do that

I'm for whatever gets the team going in the right direction. Walsh's track record > Steph's @ this point.

Mike hasn't liked Steph since Phoenix so I knew it was gonna be some drama

I agree that steph is being a scapegoat (Curry's next) but people are being ignorant if they're believing that Steph hasn't been a PITA for thisorganization. Its disgraceful and shameful for a player of his caliber to be done like this; I agree that Steph should be waived.as a basketball fan, I likewatching him play but its not like he's been the best teammate, and at the PG position (much less as the best player on numerous teams), one should be thecatalyst for chemistry. Dude's rep for being a prick EVERYWHERE he goes isn't just a coincidence.

Buy him out. Its a disgrace. I'm tired of him getting all this attention, and his teammates are as well. He can contribute in the right system(read:Boston, San Antonio) with a coach and stars who won't tolerate BS. Dude is FOS, one minute he's a Christian or w/e the next minute he'sbeefing with teammates.

That's one thing with a lotta these NYC prodigy guards. They have people on their Richards from young and then get this unwarranted ego. Shout outs toKenny Smith for being a stand up guy

_s acting like Steph is totally innocent here

because on-court there's not much you can say about him.
Yeah there is. He's lost almost every season he's played.

And the teams got better when he left.

Those are the facts

Gotta give Steph credit tho, he has acted like a professional throughout the whole situation and hasn't complained.

Knicks are doing him dirty. Not only him, but waiving Pat Ewing Jr was too. Not just because of who he is and the name, but he can actually contribute to thisteam unless Jerome James.

Even with Steph Knicks are at best a first round exit. I personally do not see how a first round exit benefits this team in the long run.

A longtime friend of New York's Stephon Marbury says that the point guard's pride has been shattered by his bench role with the team.

"His pride is hurt," says Rob Johnson, a Queens basketball consultant and friend of Marbury.

"I've known Steph since he was 10 years old and I can tell he's really hurt by this. He won't cause problems. He wants to get on with hisbusiness and hopefully play for another team next year. They should just let him go."

Marbury's family is proud of the way he has handled the difficult situation.

"Stephon has been so professional with this whole thing," says Moses Marbury, Stephon's younger brother. "I'm so proud of him, the wayhe's handling it, being smooth about it. He isn't saying the things that the Stephon of old would have said."

Via New

There are times in the game in which D'Antoni gives Duhon free will to attack the basket and create his own penetrate-kickout plays.

I'd rather have Marbury do that over Duhon 9 out of 10 times.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

because on-court there's not much you can say about him.
Yeah there is. He's lost almost every season he's played.

And the teams got better when he left.

Those are the facts

See this is the BS that Im talkin about. People look at this aspect WITHOUT looking at the rosters before/after.

Back
Top Bottom