Whats the Real Deal with Stephon Marbury???

still think its crazy that before he started with the Knicks, he and Big O were the only players in history with career avgs of 20+ppg and 8+apg

dude is making like 21 mill this year to just sit around... Sometime I think he dosen't even mind not playing!! He shoulda just stayed up here with K.G.and the wolves would have a ring or 2 and they would be Malone and Stockton status!!!!!

still think its crazy that before he started with the Knicks, he and Big O were the only players in history with career avgs of 20+ppg and 8+apg
But that was a completely misleading stat ppl always seem to like to bring up. Sure averaging "20 and 8" (or whatever exactly the statwas) at any point in your career is obviously nice. But Marbury was essentially at 29 yrs old when he was at that point.....Big O (and everyone else) had to bejudged on their entire career stats. And everyone knew once Marbury got older there was pretty much no chance in hell he would be at 20 and 8.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

I wonder if Steph would mind being a backup PG for Nash
pimp.gif
Steph and STAT
pimp.gif

Sarver please use the money for this helpless guy!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
Steph and STAT did play together.

i just find it wierd that marbury isnt being vocal. he's just all, "it is what it is" about everything. he's in the biggest media outlet anddoesnt wanna let out that he REALLY wants to play?!? i mean damn, allan houston is old with bummy knees and every chance he gets he lets it be known, "ireally, really, want to be a NYK". they say the same %#*+ about H20 too. he definately can still play but we're looking into a different direction.you know that the knicks administration has some respect for the players and personel who dont EMBARRASS the team most of the time. i mean starbury isdefinately a star pg talentwise, but bein a true leader isnt all about leading on court, you gotta be a strong willed person to get that job. ya'll thinkcrawford is way better than anyone on the team? q-rich? them dudes represent the team with class and im pretty sure all of the players on the team respect themthough. ayo, nobody aint even fightin for marbury to stay on the squad!

throw him with the Pistons too. That all star game with him and AI
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and this is the guy on our bench
indifferent.gif

son is sooo talented and this is a mad nice vid

eek.gif
pimp.gif
at some of the ++!% in this video

the running 3 vs San Antonio in the playoffs

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
at him making Yao fall on his #+% at :30. I remember when that happened it waslike Yao's 2nd game or whatever.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
at that move at 1:20, i mean despite the airball
sick.gif

and
eek.gif
pimp.gif
at some of those passes and dunks that he had

I mean for real i would kill right now to get that old Steph back that 1st came here and carried a team that was in last place mid season with no talent to theplayoffs. If you look back every time this team has had even some succcess this decade it was cause of it was� the only time we let Stephon do his thing. Sonis still crazy ##*%!*# talented if we give him some burn over Chris bum #+% duhon who has no business EVER taking the ball to the hoop. That scrub should be in##*%!*# Europe let alone starting over one of the most talented PGs of this era. And i dont buy the Starbury cant win ++!% either i believe he wants to win andeveryone can be a winner on the right team. He just hasnt played on a right team but he still has always ade the ebst out of bad situations. I mean the onlytime i would say where he REALLY %!!+$# up was getting out of Minnesota and also calling himself the best PG in the L during a season where he and the Knicksalready had enough ++!% going on. Thats where the tide started to really turn in his career.

and i also want to post this and if youre a Knicks fan I KNOW you remember this. It was the best stretch we had during these past pathetic years since we lastmade the playoffs (once again led by Steph in 04), and it had us thinking playoffs in NY once again we even were in as the 7 seed before EVERYONE got hurt
sick.gif
. But it all started after our fight with Denver (and this was afterLarry Brown already $%+$%* with Steph just to prove that hes STILL talented), but we were playing horrible and we had mad suspensions, and thanafter the fightwe finally let Stephon just do his thing and he once again just carried the Knicks on his back and was absolutely killing people for that stretch. I mean itwas by far te most exciting stretch of recent memory for the Knicks because the team was motivated and Steph was doing work even though we werent that talentedwhich could be similar to the situation now if we let homeboy play at all. But yeah it was a crazy stretch we had like a 7 man roster and had like that doubleOT win over Carlotte in the notorious David Lee tip in game and like a triple OT win vs Detroit... and of course this....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MARBURY = CANCER .. he never won and will never win anything .. trade him and trade him fast so the knicks can become contenders again, enuff with this playhim garbage im sick of this trash for the past 4 years its time for change

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Man you bringing tears to my eyes with those vids. Smh at the Kniicks organiization.

word, steph was no joke. wish it would've worked out. i went nuts when we got him.........

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Man you bringing tears to my eyes with those vids. Smh at the Kniicks organiization.

word, steph was no joke. wish it would've worked out. i went nuts when we got him.........
Man you should have seen me. I didn't know about it till I saw the paper in the morning. I ran up and down the subway looking for my boys andwas highfiving random people. Word to the #3 on my tattoo.

Marbury to become a Fa is the best thing ever happen to him, i feel as a knick fan ever since he got here, the coaches and media has locked him in a cell.MARBURY TO MIAMI FTW!

[h1]Interesting article about how not having an agent has hurt Marbury.
[/h1]
[h1]On His Own, Marbury Has Limited Options[/h1]
By HOWARD BECK

Published: November 1, 2008

Place an opponent in his path, and Stephon Marbury will skip past him. Place an entire defense in front of him, and Marbury will find a seam to the basket. From his earliest days as a basketball prodigy on Coney Island, Marbury has been able to dribble, pass or shoot his way out of any problem on the court.
http://
Yet Marbury finds his career at a crossroads, and he is missing the most vital tool in a troubled athlete's arsenal: an agent. Marbury has not employed one in eight years, and it is probably hurting his ability to break free of the Knicks and start fresh. That is, at least, the view of a number of agents surveyed last week. And it is shared by many N.B.A. team executives, who are used to resolving player conflicts by working through their paid advocates.

"You need someone who is looking out for your interests but is also assessing your situation on multiple levels, from your perspective," said Lon Babby, a Washington-based N.B.A. agent, whose clients include Tim Duncan, Grant Hill and Ray Allen. "Sometimes you lose the forest for the trees if you don't have someone who can step back and analyze things with some distance and perspective."

Babby is not privy to Marbury's situation and was speaking generally about the business. But he is well versed in the sort of player-team standoff that threatens Marbury's career.

The Knicks no longer want Marbury around. Coach Mike D'Antoni placed him on the inactive list Friday night, and Marbury has probably played his last game in a Knicks uniform. Yet he remains on the roster because of a practically untradeable contract and his refusal to negotiate a buyout. Marbury is set to earn $21.9 million this season, the last year of his deal.

Such stalemates are not uncommon in the N.B.A. The typical solution has the parties agree to a slightly reduced payout, on the premise that the player will recoup the loss when he signs with another team. Often, the player's agent has suitors lined up, and concrete offers in hand.

But Marbury has not had a certified player agent since June 2000, when he parted ways with David Falk. (Falk said he resigned; Marbury said he fired him.) Marbury has a rocky history with agents. He fired his first agent, Eric Fleisher, in 1998.

Marbury represented himself when he signed his last contract, a four-year, $76 million extension with the Phoenix Suns. That deal was consummated in October 2003, three months before the Suns traded him to the Knicks.

Because the Suns offered Marbury the maximum allowed under N.B.A. rules, the talks were fairly simple.

"There wasn't no need for me to use an agent," Marbury said last week. "There wasn't no need for me to give somebody 4 percent or 3 percent of my money when I can go do the same thing that they would go do."

Asked if he needed an agent now, to help him find a new team, Marbury said: "I don't want to go nowhere. I want to stay right here."

He declined to say whether anyone else was advising him and would not answer other questions on the matter.

It is rare for players to represent themselves. Only eight current N.B.A. players are without an agent, according to a database compiled by DraftExpress.com. The group includes Gilbert Arenas, who negotiated his contract with the Washington Wizards last summer.

Money matters aside, Marbury needs representation for some practical reasons, said several agents, speaking anonymously because Marbury is not their client. The most basic reason is this: Teams that want to sign Marbury have no one to call to gauge his interest.

A good agent would know which teams need a veteran point guard and what they are willing to pay. With the Knicks' permission, the agent could solicit tentative offers before negotiating a buyout - or even attempt to broker a trade.

Perhaps most critically, an agent could convince Marbury that accepting less money now is in his best interest because he can recoup the loss next summer as a free agent. In general, players are poor judges of their value, sometimes overestimating and sometimes underestimating it. Two agents invoked the adage that a man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

"He's trying to answer all the questions for himself, and he has no sounding board," a West Coast-based agent said.

If Marbury stands firm, refuses a buyout and sits on the bench all season, his market value can only decline, the agents said. Marbury turns 32 in February. He has not played a full season since 2004-5. And he has a history of clashing with coaches and teammates.

"You tell him there's no future in New York for you," an East Coast-based agent said. "You have two choices: You can buy out of the contract and go somewhere else and get a fresh start, or you can be stubborn and sit at home and tell people how great you were in the '90s."

The absence of a paid advocate certainly hurt Marbury in past skirmishes with Knicks management. Last year, Marbury abandoned the team during a trip after Isiah Thomas, then the coach, threatened to bench him. Marbury was docked one game's pay. He filed a grievance with the help of the players union, claiming that Thomas gave him permission to leave.

An agent might have advised Marbury to stay put while trying to resolve the dispute. A more aggressive agent might have immediately demanded a trade or a buyout.

Agents also advise players on personal finance, business investments, charity work and medical issues. Most have strong relationships with general managers and know how to sell them a difficult player. Agents also help make their clients' cases to the news media.

More than anything, an agent serves as a slightly detached adviser, who can keep a player focused on the bigger picture. But the advice is valuable only if the player listens.
"Sometimes," the East Coast agent said, "you have to tell the client, 'Wake up and smell the coffee.' "

http://www.nytimes.com/20.../basketball/02knicks.html

me and my friend were debateing wheteher the lakers are going to pick up marbury cause derek fisher is burnt toast. I told him not never. But imagine how sickit would be?

and i also want to post this and if youre a Knicks fan I KNOW you remember this. It was the best stretch we had during these past pathetic years since we last made the playoffs

Hmm, I wonder what killed our momentum. Oh yeah, it was Layden giving Isiah Thomas a ridiculous contract extension in the middle of the season.

If the Lakeshow get Starbury, I might have to move to LA. Oh lord, my two fave players of all time on the same team. Holy moly. a man can dream. I still wanthim on the Knicks though. Rather see him 82 games a year rather then 20 or so in primetime.

Back
Top Bottom