Whats the Real Deal with Stephon Marbury???

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

and i also want to post this and if youre a Knicks fan I KNOW you remember this. It was the best stretch we had during these past pathetic years since we last made the playoffs

Hmm, I wonder what killed our momentum. Oh yeah, it was Layden giving Isiah Thomas a ridiculous contract extension in the middle of the season.
HUH? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? LAYDEN GOT FIRED, THOMAS CAME IN

Originally Posted by bonez from brooklyn

MARBURY = CANCER .. he never won and will never win anything .. trade him and trade him fast so the knicks can become contenders again, enuff with this play him garbage im sick of this trash for the past 4 years its time for change
says the guy who has an avy of another guy who was labeled a cancer, who clashed with the biggest teammate.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I would like to see steph in a Rockets uni.

I wouldnt mind that at all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

and i also want to post this and if youre a Knicks fan I KNOW you remember this. It was the best stretch we had during these past pathetic years since we last made the playoffs

Hmm, I wonder what killed our momentum. Oh yeah, it was Layden giving Isiah Thomas a ridiculous contract extension in the middle of the season.
Layden? I think you mean Dolan
laugh.gif

but yeah it was a horrible call once we got in the playoffs as a 7 seed he got that big time extension
sick.gif

but i mean you cant put all the blame on that the Knicks were still playing hard but Jamal and Lee got injured along with Francis and everyone man, and we wereSTILL hanging by a thread in the playoff picture solely cause Stephon wouldnt give up even with an ABSOLUTE %+%@ team, but than he got hurt and it was over

hahaha, so many of you are smoking some serious product. All these fools talking about the Knicks should buy him out or trade him, that Marbury should go to Xteam. You people need to read that NYT article about Steph needing an agent about a page back. Sums things up well.

NYK can't buy Steph out cuz he's being stubborn and refusing to take anything less than his full salary. That's his perogative, but that means theKnicks have no reason to buy him out. Putting him on the inactive list basically gets him out of their hair. If they gotta pay him, at least he'srelatively gone and his salary will come off their books. Plus, no one else can pick him up and hurt them.

Yeah, the dude can contribute still, but he's known to be hard to deal with. From both coaches and fellow players. Unless you're desparate, you'vegot no reason to add him to your team. If you suck, then he can make you respectable, but he's got a deserved rep for only playing for his own statsinstead of the little things to put the team over the hump to win a championship. He can get you to the playoffs, but that's about it. Maybe Memphis orMinnesota is that desparate, but some of you guys think he should go to title contenders like the Lakers. Ha! Kobe and Marbury on the same team? That's arecipe for disaster.

Back
Top Bottom