What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Deuce King

With the mentality that some of you have in here, society might as well let any and everybody do as they please.  No rules, no barriers, no standard, just do whatever you want to.
If everyone just did whatever they felt like doing, this world would be chaotic.

There it is.
we gotta regulate human rights now?
word? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
People acting like we're tryna legalize cannibalism and baby killing.
laugh.gif
Human progress ended slavery, back in the day people would have been making the same arguments about letting people "do as they please". People? Equals? Blasphemy.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Deuce King

With the mentality that some of you have in here, society might as well let any and everybody do as they please.  No rules, no barriers, no standard, just do whatever you want to.
If everyone just did whatever they felt like doing, this world would be chaotic.

There it is.
we gotta regulate human rights now?
word? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
People acting like we're tryna legalize cannibalism and baby killing.
laugh.gif
Human progress ended slavery, back in the day people would have been making the same arguments about letting people "do as they please". People? Equals? Blasphemy.
eek.gif

"I believe that marriage isn't between a man and woman, but between love and love." -Frank Ocean

"I believe that marriage isn't between a man and woman, but between love and love." -Frank Ocean

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

NT is one place where religion shouldn't even be discussed because it's more of an argument than a civilized discussion.  I agree that homosexuality is a sin, but it's not my place to judge anyone who makes that decision because they have to answer to God just like I do when it's all said and done.

we have differing opinions but i respect you for this.  nothing more annoying than someone trying to bash their beliefs into others heads.  discussion is fine, but you're right, "debates" get a little out of hand sometimes.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

NT is one place where religion shouldn't even be discussed because it's more of an argument than a civilized discussion.  I agree that homosexuality is a sin, but it's not my place to judge anyone who makes that decision because they have to answer to God just like I do when it's all said and done.

we have differing opinions but i respect you for this.  nothing more annoying than someone trying to bash their beliefs into others heads.  discussion is fine, but you're right, "debates" get a little out of hand sometimes.

The same usual thread leading to the same usual people jacking off about how "wrong" religion is. Niketalk will never change...

The same usual thread leading to the same usual people jacking off about how "wrong" religion is. Niketalk will never change...

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Or how "right" religion is...depending on your perspective.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Or how "right" religion is...depending on your perspective.

Once again, the same crew of athiest with their fundamentalist interpretation of what the bible says. Ya'll act like only one god speaks throughout the bible. There are many different Lords and Gods throughout the bible giving good and bad direction to man. You will forever be confused and arguing about these issues because even though ya'll claim not to be monotheistic christians, ya'll still interpret the bible and it's allegory with the fundamental "there is only one god, none other before" mentality just as they have been indoctrinated to believe and it is wrong.

-I see the same what about slavery argument in the bible. Slavery back then was nothing like the slaver we know. Working your 9-5 job would fall under the biblical context of slavery but at least back then, there was a point were you could eventually buy your freedom vs. working forever and paying taxes for life like we do now

-I see the same argument about condemning people to burning in hell but ya'll still do not see that burning in hell means to live with desires of the flesh. Burning and desire were synonymous in the bible.

-Only reason homosexuality is a sin is because it is not conducive to creating life and co habitation the way the creator meant for it to be. It's telling the creator I'm made by you one way, but I am going to do the opposite which is a form a blasphemy to your creator.
-people forget the christian bible is a dialogue between a father and his lost children and how they rise, fall, and return back to glory. Stop ascribing the text to fit everybody because that's not what it was meant. for. That's only modern christianity that took what was once an exclusive religion and made it available for everyone to be apart once it opened it doors to become a political institution. Like all political institutions you need supporters. 

Once again, the same crew of athiest with their fundamentalist interpretation of what the bible says. Ya'll act like only one god speaks throughout the bible. There are many different Lords and Gods throughout the bible giving good and bad direction to man. You will forever be confused and arguing about these issues because even though ya'll claim not to be monotheistic christians, ya'll still interpret the bible and it's allegory with the fundamental "there is only one god, none other before" mentality just as they have been indoctrinated to believe and it is wrong.

-I see the same what about slavery argument in the bible. Slavery back then was nothing like the slaver we know. Working your 9-5 job would fall under the biblical context of slavery but at least back then, there was a point were you could eventually buy your freedom vs. working forever and paying taxes for life like we do now

-I see the same argument about condemning people to burning in hell but ya'll still do not see that burning in hell means to live with desires of the flesh. Burning and desire were synonymous in the bible.

-Only reason homosexuality is a sin is because it is not conducive to creating life and co habitation the way the creator meant for it to be. It's telling the creator I'm made by you one way, but I am going to do the opposite which is a form a blasphemy to your creator.
-people forget the christian bible is a dialogue between a father and his lost children and how they rise, fall, and return back to glory. Stop ascribing the text to fit everybody because that's not what it was meant. for. That's only modern christianity that took what was once an exclusive religion and made it available for everyone to be apart once it opened it doors to become a political institution. Like all political institutions you need supporters. 

Originally Posted by Wr

You're doing the same thing everyone else is doing in this thread, offering your own interpretation of what you "THINK" is being said in the bible. Atheists aren't the only ones acting like there is "one" God in the bible. Judeochristians themselves believe there's one God in the bible. Your interpretation of the Gods in the bible doesn't hold any more legitimacy than another person's. Atheists interpret the bible fundamentally in response to Judeochristians and Muslims interpreting the bible fundamentally. If you quote a page in the bible about $%*%% needing to die and take it as truth, you are not allowed to deny all the other fundamental laws in the bible that you break every single day. If you're going to fundamentally interpret the bible, don't do it half-!%+ed. You clearly missing the point of an atheists approach to religious arguments.

-Since when do workers get beaten for not doing their job?
eyes.gif
. Let's not sit here and pretend like slavery wasn't rampant in ancient times. People are too quick to dismiss it as "indentured servitude"

If it were up to me this thread would have nothing to do with religion...but unfortunately that isn't the reality we live in. If people just came out and said they hated gays and kept it moving I would have no rebuttal.

Originally Posted by Wr

You're doing the same thing everyone else is doing in this thread, offering your own interpretation of what you "THINK" is being said in the bible. Atheists aren't the only ones acting like there is "one" God in the bible. Judeochristians themselves believe there's one God in the bible. Your interpretation of the Gods in the bible doesn't hold any more legitimacy than another person's. Atheists interpret the bible fundamentally in response to Judeochristians and Muslims interpreting the bible fundamentally. If you quote a page in the bible about $%*%% needing to die and take it as truth, you are not allowed to deny all the other fundamental laws in the bible that you break every single day. If you're going to fundamentally interpret the bible, don't do it half-!%+ed. You clearly missing the point of an atheists approach to religious arguments.

-Since when do workers get beaten for not doing their job?
eyes.gif
. Let's not sit here and pretend like slavery wasn't rampant in ancient times. People are too quick to dismiss it as "indentured servitude"

If it were up to me this thread would have nothing to do with religion...but unfortunately that isn't the reality we live in. If people just came out and said they hated gays and kept it moving I would have no rebuttal.

The idea of anyone that worships the Nike Swoosh sign, getting drunk every damn weekend, smashing girls left to right, and listening to secular music having the audacity to say someone else's lifestyle/actions are sinful is just too damn funny.

The idea of anyone that worships the Nike Swoosh sign, getting drunk every damn weekend, smashing girls left to right, and listening to secular music having the audacity to say someone else's lifestyle/actions are sinful is just too damn funny.

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by AntBanks81

@Scars, she and I have been planning marriage for the past two years. We were set to get married before we found out she as pregnant with twins. As with any relationship, there have been delays. Yes, the children were born prior to marriage. Yes, pre-marital sex is a sin. I see your point in that no sin is greater than another. However, one sin is not the same as a sinful lifestyle.

You're living in sin though?

dudes whole lifestyle will be sinful since his kids were "born out of wed lock"

StaXX wrote:
Originally Posted by AntBanks81

@Scars, she and I have been planning marriage for the past two years. We were set to get married before we found out she as pregnant with twins. As with any relationship, there have been delays. Yes, the children were born prior to marriage. Yes, pre-marital sex is a sin. I see your point in that no sin is greater than another. However, one sin is not the same as a sinful lifestyle.

You're living in sin though?

dudes whole lifestyle will be sinful since his kids were "born out of wed lock"

I would just like to offer the question of...

Who in this world has raised more gay children? Heterosexual or Homosexual parents?

Why should people be punished for loving who they choose to love?

The last time I had sex, me and the woman used a condom. (and I'm raised catholic. Huge taboo).

Me and her were in as much sin as two gay people having intercourse or wanting to be married.

With the amount of heterosexual divorces in this country alone, how can you judge someone wanting to actually get married for love?

I would just like to offer the question of...

Who in this world has raised more gay children? Heterosexual or Homosexual parents?

Why should people be punished for loving who they choose to love?

The last time I had sex, me and the woman used a condom. (and I'm raised catholic. Huge taboo).

Me and her were in as much sin as two gay people having intercourse or wanting to be married.

With the amount of heterosexual divorces in this country alone, how can you judge someone wanting to actually get married for love?

for those that are anti-gay marriage, are you against gay relationships or is the concept of marriage the determining factor in your beliefs?

for those that are anti-gay marriage, are you against gay relationships or is the concept of marriage the determining factor in your beliefs?

Here's my thing. If gay marriage is a sin, then fine, don't let them get "married" in a church. If marriage is a religious institution than it should be barred from having any implications in every life, ie. visitation rights, health care, and things like adoption. Lets call it a union and let it go.

Back
Top Bottom