What's your GPA and where do you go to school?

What's your GPA?

• under a 2.5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.6-2.9

• 3.0-3.5

• above a 3.6

• Total voters
Unless you're a doctor or engineer going into further schooling...

No one gives a damn about your GPA.
so ur saying there wont be a difference in employment oppurtuinites if i get a 2.0 or a 4.0?
There will be. Your first job out of school will be very GPA dependent. After that, it matters less and less as the years go by cause work experience will trump it.

3.15 (wish I could redo 1st semester of freshman yr)

Marketing/ HR Management double major

Junior at University of South Carolina

Comp Sci and Math
Towson U

I have to get my *** off probation some how this semester :smh:

University of Miami-3.4 in Political Science.

If I get straight A's this semester I'll finish my junior year with a 3.5 and that should be good enough to get me into a good Law School if I score well on the LSAT.

Finished at UC Berkeley with a 2.76 GPA :smh:. Political Science and Art double major.
I had a 3.48 GPA when I transferred there.

Anything you've heard about Berkeley being difficult is completely true. The price I paid for going to an elite school :smh:. Looking back, doing a single major would have been a better idea. Berkeley, where your best is never good enough.

Last edited:
for those that are kicking themselves for having a low (er) GPA, if you still have time in school to bring it up DO IT.

certain spots that request transcripts (jobs, mine did or grad schools) LIKE progression. i worked/interned for every semester I was in school so my GPA was ehh through sophomore year. I was working part time but was able to get my GPA quite a bit higher than when I started.

Last edited:
Unless you're a doctor or engineer going into further schooling...

No one gives a damn about your GPA.

so ur saying there wont be a difference in employment oppurtuinites if i get a 2.0 or a 4.0?

There will be. Your first job out of school will be very GPA dependent. After that, it matters less and less as the years go by cause work experience will trump it.
If you land a great first job, it will help you land your second job. In other words, your GPA could determine your entire career path.

If you land a great first job, it will help you land your second job. In other words, your GPA could determine your entire career path.

thats exactly why i made my comment.

I'm far from a slacker in school. Before i landedmy job i went on maybe 2-4 interviews total. I landed 2 jobs. None of them were concerned with that.

Final overall GPA was 2.99 :smh:
Elective courses GPA was like a 2.78 or something
Core (major) classes, was 3.2 or so

Initial major was Computer Science but switched to I.T. w/ Web Development concentration
George Mason University

I just didn't take classes too serious my 1st couple of years. Coupled that with I had to teach myself how to study once I got to college, it was a rough transition. I was that kid, that didn't have to study in high school, and ignored others that warned me about that. My last 4 semesters in I had a 3.0, 3.3, 3.8, & 4.0

Last edited:
 if you tend to have a bad one make it up through experience and internship 

GPA is key if you don't have any internship or relevant experience, after you have some professional experiance in your field no one will bother you about GPA

i think i ended mine just under a 3.0 but i always round up to that 3 though

also it really depends on the major, if your in the accounting/finance or IT it's harder to get that 3.5 - 4.0 than if you did marketing or history etc.

a lot of employers will take that into consideration

Last edited:
I think the important thing to remember is a high GPA can only help you. I've never heard of anyone complaining about how their GPA was too high and it was affecting what they wanted to do.

I kinda messed up on a few classes, so my gpa is around 2.9. Ive had 3 six month internships (Drexel U) and tons of extra curriculars, so Im hoping that will outweigh the GPA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom