What's your major/What do you do now?

So I know there's already a "What's your major" thread but I wanted to make this one to ask what was your major and what do you do now.

I ask because I'm a bio major right now and I'm just not feeling it now. After 3 years of going through this stuff I feel like I'm not a science guy anymore and changing my major now would mean another 3-4 years in school which I don't want to go through at all. I love cars but I don't want to be a mechanic or do oil changes. All the majors at my school just seem bleh to me.

History Education.

Still in school... which starts tomorrow... 
tired.gif

My major was Computer Science. I currently work for my local school district doing innovation research on how iPads can best be used in the classroom.

Essentially, I help teachers to better utilize iPads in their classroom in a variety of ways (the school district was awarded a federal grant to buy kids iPads.) My job consists of sitting in on classes to help teachers get started with iPads in the classroom, recording app tutorials for teachers to view, and using iPads to browse NT while on the clock. I also gather data for an expansive research project that the district is currently conducting, which boils down to me asking how teachers use their iPads, hosting meetings for teachers to learn more about the devices, and facilitating professional development sessions.

I enjoy my job, but it's not full-time and I get zero benefits. :\

Last edited:
Supply Chain Management.

Currently doing sales for a supply chain solutions organization. I'd highly recommend undergrads look into their schools Logistics/Suppy Chain programs.

Almost finished with Bachelors in Criminal Justice

Next I'll pursue a Masters in Homeland Security

Figure terrorism isn't going away anytime soon :rolleyes

I work in Security Forces in the Air Force

BA in Criminal Justice. I'm thinking either an MBA or law school after I'm on for a while.

Currently a police cadet waiting for the academy in February. 

Finance/Computer Science major.

Only a sophomore
laugh.gif

Thinking about switching the CS to Computer Engineering. Still have time since they both have the same base requirements for a while.

Right on for the replies guys! Appreciate it.

Supply Chain Management.

Currently doing sales for a supply chain solutions organization. I'd highly recommend undergrads look into their schools Logistics/Suppy Chain programs.

That sounds interesting. Could you go a little more into depth? Don't think my school has that major.

Molecular Biology and Computer Science (both undergrad)

Already finished the Mol Bio and am working on the comp sci. Shouldve just done comp sci from the beginning but hey you live and you learn 
frown.gif

Major: accounting and finance

Currently CPA at a national non Big 4 accounting firm focused on financial services (hedge, vc, real estate)

Last edited:
Major- Accounting....my professors in college made me hate it, but it was too late to switch I wanted to just get my damn degree

Currently working at a car dealership...training to move into management.

im information systems just started 3rd year. ive come to da realization that im not gunna love wat i do so im jus tryna make sum money

Right on for the replies guys! Appreciate it.
That sounds interesting. Could you go a little more into depth? Don't think my school has that major.

Yeah most schools don't but its a fast growing field. Supply Chain is usually a part of the business school. It's a field of study that encompasses nearly every function on the cost side of a business, from purchasing, logistics and transportation, operations, distribution, etc. Companies are always trying to remove cost from their business and they often do it by improving their supply chains. As a result, supply chain majors are always in high demand. Cats are getting hired from the top 15 or so supply chain programs for $50+k per year easy.

Last edited:
im information systems just started 3rd year. ive come to da realization that im not gunna love wat i do so im jus tryna make sum money

Where are you trying to work at?

realtalk im clueless of how to get a joob. i ned to find an internship first.

but in my field you can work for any company since they need ppl in my field to manage their networks/systems

i have an associate's in criminal justice but i couldn't find work so now i'm going to school full time majoring in business management. 

Speech-Language Pathology

Final semester until I get my Master's.

Great opportunities for guys in this field. Out of 160,000 SLP's only 6,000 are men.

Conventions are gonna be bananas because most of the female slp's look up to the males in the field....like we're courageous to work with kids and also the elderly.

Yamb city.

Biology major and chem minor.

Finally got my **** together. Graduate in December but working as a Research Assistant for the Agriculture department and Biology while starting a project with Engineering.

Mechanical Engineering. I absolutely HATE the classes and the professors I've had in college but I find the real world applications interesting. I'm in my 5th year so hopefully I'll land some offers this upcoming year before I graduate in Spring. I think the whole "follow your passion" and "do what you love" thing is overrated. If you're gonna go to college and spend money on an education, at least earn a degree that will be worth your money and time. I know too many people that graduated with ******** liberal arts degrees sitting at home and working jobs that high school graduates are qualified for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom