What's your side hustle NT? 2019 edition.

Anybody ever tried retail arbitrage on ebay??
any advice for those with a design background that just can't get into amazon merch for one reason or another?
I keep getting declined.
also, what are the best alternatives?

I'd say etsy is your next best bet. Red bubble and spread shirt are also other options.

Go hard on those platforms. Get a catalouge of designs together and keep trying to get that merch account.

If you keep getting denied then maybe try making a fresh amazon account or apply on other peoples accounts.

Light thrifting here and there
Brand ambassador for different events (usually quick weekend shifts)

My dumb *** went in on Saturday for what I thought would be a quick 5 hours. Ended up being 9...

Oh well, Saturday is all time and a half.

It’s optional but it’s good money so I usually do it.

I wish I did have OT. Haven't had it yet since I've been working. I need to find a decent part-time gig to do for about 6 months

I miss OT, used to come in on the weekend and cash out on this easy work and get that OT pay

I like it and I don’t. I get burnt out in the summer but at the same time I make what I used to make all year at my old job in 6 months.

It will be nice when I have some seniority and can just work 45-50 hours a week year round instead of too much in the summer and 25-30 in the winter.

He’s already given info on his company. :lol:

Trucking is a cut throat game. Glad he’s doing good though.

He’s already given info on his company. :lol:

Trucking is a cut throat game. Glad he’s doing good though.

In this thread? I only saw one post where suggested finding a driver on Craigslist, and that you don't need an 18-wheeler.

My inlaws own a trucking / dumpster-trailer business, and haven't been able to find a "good" driver for years of searching.

In this thread? I only saw one post where suggested finding a driver on Craigslist, and that you don't need an 18-wheeler.

My inlaws own a trucking / dumpster-trailer business, and haven't been able to find a "good" driver for years of searching.

Maybe it was somewhere else.

And yeah it isn’t easy to find a driver that won’t tear up equipment, has experience and will show up daily. If you do they are gonna require you to pay them appropriately.

I drive too and maybe 1/5 of the drivers work out and we pay more than anyone and have free bennies that are super good.

No one wants to drive anymore...

Maybe it was somewhere else.

And yeah it isn’t easy to find a driver that won’t tear up equipment, has experience and will show up daily. If you do they are gonna require you to pay them appropriately.

I drive too and maybe 1/5 of the drivers work out and we pay more than anyone and have free bennies that are super good.

No one wants to drive anymore...

Amazon and self driving trucks about to ruin what's left of the cdl life imo. Only experienced drivers in poor Weather conditions going to have a place.

Amazon and self driving trucks about to ruin what's left of the cdl life imo. Only experienced drivers in poor Weather conditions going to have a place.

Amazon is gonna ruin everything. Let’s be real. Any driver hauling their trash already lost. You never see a nice truck pulling their trailers. It’s always busted broke boys. :lol:

I’m good regardless. I’m in construction and do it all from operate machines to drive.

Here’s the thing though, yes automated trucks have happened and will work in some situations but not all, then you still need somebody riding along who can take control when needed.

Then you got the unions who are gonna raise hell.

Last but not least, the company can’t blame the truck driver anymore when they kill someone. They are worth a hell of a lot more than a single driver. They are gonna get sued non stop. The general public hates trucks, an automated truck is gonna have a huge target on it.

Idk man, sure they will get automated but if a robot can replace you it didn’t pay well to begin with. You gotta do dirty or dangerous or both to pay in trucking and those jobs aren’t getting replaced any time soon.

They can automate the most basic form of trucking, there is no money to be made there anyways. That’s why they can’t find drivers to begin with. No one is living in a truck for 45k s year.

They won’t be able to automate, fuel trucks, construction, oversized, livestock hauling, oil field, logging etc etc for a long time. So just like anything else, you got very little skills you are gonna get replaced but anyone with a drive to make money wasn’t in those jobs to begin with.

Last edited:
Amazon is gonna ruin everything. Let’s be real. Any driver hauling their trash already lost. You never see a nice truck pulling their trailers. It’s always busted broke boys. :lol:

I’m good regardless. I’m in construction and do it all from operate machines to drive.

Here’s the thing though, yes automated trucks have happened and will work in some situations but not all, then you still need somebody riding along who can take control when needed.

Then you got the unions who are gonna raise hell.

Last but not least, the company can’t blame the truck driver anymore when they kill someone. They are worth a hell of a lot more than a single driver. They are gonna get sued non stop. The general public hates trucks, an automated truck is gonna have a huge target on it.

Idk man, sure they will get automated but if a robot can replace you it didn’t pay well to begin with. You gotta do dirty or dangerous or both to pay in trucking and those jobs aren’t getting replaced any time soon.

They can automate the most basic form of trucking, there is no money to be made there anyways. That’s why they can’t find drivers to begin with. No one is living in a truck for 45k s year.

They won’t be able to automate, fuel trucks, construction, oversized, livestock hauling, oil field, logging etc etc for a long time. So just like anything else, you got very little skills you are gonna get replaced but anyone with a drive to make money wasn’t in those jobs to begin with.
Those robots only can replace straight otr loads. I’m in LTL and most is really up to the driver as far a decision making. U get a specific area to deliver x amount of shipments and pick up x amount all while knowing the close times, lunch breaks etc. it’s times u go to a place and it’s 4 other drivers there and it’s 1 dock, what does the cpu do? I go back there, move the **** around and gotta skip a few get x off before they close and double back before the other closes etc. I still need to get on the type of **** u on G, if u know any leads in my area (Michigan) let me know.

is fantasy football considered a side hustle ?

If you talking about standard fantasy (not Draft Kings or anything like that), it's a 4 month commitment. You better be winning consistently in multiple leagues or have one league with a massive pot.

Those robots only can replace straight otr loads. I’m in LTL and most is really up to the driver as far a decision making. U get a specific area to deliver x amount of shipments and pick up x amount all while knowing the close times, lunch breaks etc. it’s times u go to a place and it’s 4 other drivers there and it’s 1 dock, what does the cpu do? I go back there, move the **** around and gotta skip a few get x off before they close and double back before the other closes etc. I still need to get on the type of **** u on G, if u know any leads in my area (Michigan) let me know.

You just gotta get in somewhere that will train you to operate while you drive truck for them.

Idk what’s good in Michigan. They might have harddrives out there. It’s a huge paving company.

Just start hitting up the union companies in the spring. That’s when they hire the most. Once you get in somewhere you’re Gucci. It’s a small community so you’ll get to know everyone and can find jobs super easy and move around until you find something you like.

shoot me a pm with your business info
i sometime LTL house hold goods from that area to our consolidation point in nyc if thats something you f with pleighboy

Back
Top Bottom