When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

The reason I was under that assumption was based off the fact I seen a couple of 750Li's for 28k 32k with under 45k miles at the same dealership.When it came to the 650 they wanted 43k 45k I was like DAMN!!

were they verts?

the 6 holds its value a little better b/c the 7 is problematic car...as you approach 50k+ you'll see people dumping them left and right to avoid the issues that come with owning one out of warranty

the new body 7 dropped so that dropped the value of the older ones even more...the 6 will drop some more too once the new ones start hitting the streets

No all the verts I seen were the 645's and they wanted 30k for them with 66k on the dash . I figured the 6 hold their value thats why I wanted to snatch up a 650 decent miles stack up some more bread and upgrade to the new 1 in the future. I been looking for the last couple months no luck at all I like coupes for some reason over 4 doors I would get a benz but that CL would put me in the poor house.

Audi my fault I didn't even see that he posted a pic of the car

The reason I was under that assumption was based off the fact I seen a couple of 750Li's for 28k 32k with under 45k miles at the same dealership.When it came to the 650 they wanted 43k 45k I was like DAMN!!

were they verts?

the 6 holds its value a little better b/c the 7 is problematic car...as you approach 50k+ you'll see people dumping them left and right to avoid the issues that come with owning one out of warranty

the new body 7 dropped so that dropped the value of the older ones even more...the 6 will drop some more too once the new ones start hitting the streets

No all the verts I seen were the 645's and they wanted 30k for them with 66k on the dash . I figured the 6 hold their value thats why I wanted to snatch up a 650 decent miles stack up some more bread and upgrade to the new 1 in the future. I been looking for the last couple months no luck at all I like coupes for some reason over 4 doors I would get a benz but that CL would put me in the poor house.

were they verts?

your better off getting something else in the mean time if you plan on getting the new 6...if you buy the older one its just dropping value as the new ones come out and youll be stacking just to make up the difference - and god forbid you try to bring it to a dealer to trade for a new one...u will get camry $ for it
laugh.gif

were they verts?

your better off getting something else in the mean time if you plan on getting the new 6...if you buy the older one its just dropping value as the new ones come out and youll be stacking just to make up the difference - and god forbid you try to bring it to a dealer to trade for a new one...u will get camry $ for it
laugh.gif

Damn if thats the case I seen some 08 CLS 550 in the same price range I was trying to spend but I really wanted a coupe.Only benz coupe I seen I liked coupe wise as the CL but when I seen the sticker I bust a 180 so quick lol

Damn if thats the case I seen some 08 CLS 550 in the same price range I was trying to spend but I really wanted a coupe.Only benz coupe I seen I liked coupe wise as the CL but when I seen the sticker I bust a 180 so quick lol

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

The most important reason is because people feel a self-worth appreciation when they buy a car new. Because let's be real, no one wants to drive a BMW/BENZ that's 4-5 years old. People either want the new one, or the one that's extremely old.

IDK about that one...I see a ton of people driving used ones. Im all for that "new car smell", but got damn....at what cost?! How do you pay almost $100K for a car in '06, and its only worth $40K 5 years later? I just cant see it. For the most part, theyre timeless cars, so I dont see the prob.with waiting
i agree. a 3 or 4 year old benz is still super nice. most of the time, it's well taken care of and a benz doesn't konk out on you after 150,000 miles either. plus you can get one for the low and still be shinin. that's my plan. i'm planning on coppin a '07 or '08 benz round the end of the year. no need to give money away for a new one that isn't worth what you paid for it a few years later.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

The most important reason is because people feel a self-worth appreciation when they buy a car new. Because let's be real, no one wants to drive a BMW/BENZ that's 4-5 years old. People either want the new one, or the one that's extremely old.

IDK about that one...I see a ton of people driving used ones. Im all for that "new car smell", but got damn....at what cost?! How do you pay almost $100K for a car in '06, and its only worth $40K 5 years later? I just cant see it. For the most part, theyre timeless cars, so I dont see the prob.with waiting
i agree. a 3 or 4 year old benz is still super nice. most of the time, it's well taken care of and a benz doesn't konk out on you after 150,000 miles either. plus you can get one for the low and still be shinin. that's my plan. i'm planning on coppin a '07 or '08 benz round the end of the year. no need to give money away for a new one that isn't worth what you paid for it a few years later.

MrDoeBoI wrote:.Only benz coupe I seen I liked coupe wise as the CL but when I seen the sticker I bust a 180 so quick lol

laugh.gif

new CL is serious though

DUMB expensive, real dumb

i dont see many of em at all, i  mean literally i only seen one when i was in NYC just the other day an i never seen anyone in a AMG CL

MrDoeBoI wrote:.Only benz coupe I seen I liked coupe wise as the CL but when I seen the sticker I bust a 180 so quick lol

laugh.gif

new CL is serious though

i dont see many of em at all, i  mean literally i only seen one when i was in NYC just the other day an i never seen anyone in a AMG CL

Originally Posted by f360spyder

Mistake #1: Buying a BMW or Benz.  Im currently leasing my 2nd 335i loaded. $700 a month. I would've spent WAY more and been stuck with the first one if i bought the 1st one. I'll probably be leasing luxury cars for as long as i have interest to drive them.

Yeah, but you cant mod it, soooooo....

All depends on your direction... That works for YOU.

Mistake #1: Buying a BMW or Benz.  Im currently leasing my 2nd 335i loaded. $700 a month. I would've spent WAY more and been stuck with the first one if i bought the 1st one. I'll probably be leasing luxury cars for as long as i have interest to drive them.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Well u can throw rims and tints on it so who cares. Buying used/leasing makes the most sense. And to those saying that bmw/benzes are timeless thats false. Once the new model drops no one care about the older one. They are far from timeless with the exception of 80s bm's and very old benzes. Come in a 2002 s500 and no one will care.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Well u can throw rims and tints on it so who cares. Buying used/leasing makes the most sense. And to those saying that bmw/benzes are timeless thats false. Once the new model drops no one care about the older one. They are far from timeless with the exception of 80s bm's and very old benzes. Come in a 2002 s500 and no one will care.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

laugh.gif

new CL is serious though

Yea prices are ridiculous nothing used under 60k out here 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

laugh.gif

new CL is serious though

Yea prices are ridiculous nothing used under 60k out here 

Back
Top Bottom