When it comes to BMW's & Benzes...

Im coo on buying brand new. Lease or buy certified pre-owned which helps me miss the depreciation and gives me that extended factory warranty which...... i will never own a european car out of warranty.

BMW comes with a 3 year or 50k mile warranty that is fully transferable so certified pre owned is the way to go IMO. Like the guy above said you miss the upfront cost and you get a car that still is under warranty. From my experience the BMW warranty is second to none, however if you keep the car longer then the warranty lasts you obviously gotta be prepared to bring the credit card when you need to get something worked on. I recently had to get a 30k check and get my brakes done and at an extremely respectable BMW shop that was still $1600. I'm definitely not the one who needs to have it first when it comes to cars, give me the low mile 2 year old joint every time and just flip them every 2 years.

BMW comes with a 3 year or 50k mile warranty that is fully transferable so certified pre owned is the way to go IMO. Like the guy above said you miss the upfront cost and you get a car that still is under warranty. From my experience the BMW warranty is second to none, however if you keep the car longer then the warranty lasts you obviously gotta be prepared to bring the credit card when you need to get something worked on. I recently had to get a 30k check and get my brakes done and at an extremely respectable BMW shop that was still $1600. I'm definitely not the one who needs to have it first when it comes to cars, give me the low mile 2 year old joint every time and just flip them every 2 years.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Wait....people by luxuary cars with no warranty? lol
Most used car warranties aren't as good.  Emissions equip may not be covered, things like your heated seats, moonroof, radio, suspension parts may not be covered.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Wait....people by luxuary cars with no warranty? lol
Most used car warranties aren't as good.  Emissions equip may not be covered, things like your heated seats, moonroof, radio, suspension parts may not be covered.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

The reason I was under that assumption was based off the fact I seen a couple of 750Li's for 28k 32k with under 45k miles at the same dealership.When it came to the 650 they wanted 43k 45k I was like DAMN!!

were they verts?

the 6 holds its value a little better b/c the 7 is problematic car...as you approach 50k+ you'll see people dumping them left and right to avoid the issues that come with owning one out of warranty

the new body 7 dropped so that dropped the value of the older ones even more...the 6 will drop some more too once the new ones start hitting the streets

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

The reason I was under that assumption was based off the fact I seen a couple of 750Li's for 28k 32k with under 45k miles at the same dealership.When it came to the 650 they wanted 43k 45k I was like DAMN!!

were they verts?

the 6 holds its value a little better b/c the 7 is problematic car...as you approach 50k+ you'll see people dumping them left and right to avoid the issues that come with owning one out of warranty

the new body 7 dropped so that dropped the value of the older ones even more...the 6 will drop some more too once the new ones start hitting the streets

I Visit mbworld sometimes...and them guys don't seem to be having many problems with the s550^^^^
nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

I Visit mbworld sometimes...and them guys don't seem to be having many problems with the s550^^^^
nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

the old S had massive issues though correct?
i mean the current body now came out in only 07..........

hope they dont got that many problems, i mean gotdamn 
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

laugh.gif

I think the old S had problems with the air ride suspension... The S550's hit the streets 4-5 years ago...and I haven't heard any "known issues"...Thats a pretty long run for a car not to have "known issues"

As yall know, I'm a BMW/7-Series fanatic, and I may defend BMW even when I know I'm wrong.....But even I can admit that the e66's have many many many known issues....
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

nerd.gif

...I get jelly....

laugh.gif

I think the old S had problems with the air ride suspension... The S550's hit the streets 4-5 years ago...and I haven't heard any "known issues"...Thats a pretty long run for a car not to have "known issues"

As yall know, I'm a BMW/7-Series fanatic, and I may defend BMW even when I know I'm wrong.....But even I can admit that the e66's have many many many known issues....
embarassed.gif

hmmmm bmw looking a lil better now
if the next gen 3 checks out.........they might moving forward.

hmmmm bmw looking a lil better now
if the next gen 3 checks out.........they might moving forward.

cars are the worst things you can invest in. Yeah, either buy em used, few years and a few miles wont hurt or lease.

cars are the worst things you can invest in. Yeah, either buy em used, few years and a few miles wont hurt or lease.

Back
Top Bottom