When searching and applying for a new job, which part get's you annoyed the most?

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

the 45 minute questionnaire at the end
ive actually trying to be honest lately instead of strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing

100M people searching for the same 1M jobs
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

ive actually trying to be honest lately instead of strongly agreeing or strongly disagreeing

roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by roc4life24

roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Nah homie you have to always strongly agree or disagree.
At least that's what I've been told.

Originally Posted by roc4life24

roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Nah homie you have to always strongly agree or disagree.
At least that's what I've been told.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

30t6p3b.gif

The wait for employers to hit you back up is also
30t6p3b.gif
I had an interview last Monday and i have yet to hear back..even though they said they would call
mad.gif
Dawg. They ALWAYS say they'll call back but they NEVER DO.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Also, I'd have to agree with the questionnaire as my least favorite part. 30 mins for a minimum wage job, though? Sigh.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
I had an interview last Monday and i have yet to hear back..even though they said they would call
mad.gif
Dawg. They ALWAYS say they'll call back but they NEVER DO.
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

Also, I'd have to agree with the questionnaire as my least favorite part. 30 mins for a minimum wage job, though? Sigh.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

The stupid questionnaire at the end + jobs asking for 348378473847 references. 

the reference part kills me too, and one thing that got me..is when i tried to hook up a friend of the family with a job where I was at, I asked my manager do they check the references and they simply said no, but they could if they wanted to.....I was like
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
happened to me too with a bank job, talked to the person on the phone and had them explain that's its a full time position and that i couldnt have classes that interrupted that, even though in my head I already worked that part out and was going to take classes at night and on the weekend....BUT after saying they would contact me they never did.

mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

The stupid questionnaire at the end + jobs asking for 348378473847 references. 

the reference part kills me too, and one thing that got me..is when i tried to hook up a friend of the family with a job where I was at, I asked my manager do they check the references and they simply said no, but they could if they wanted to.....I was like
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
happened to me too with a bank job, talked to the person on the phone and had them explain that's its a full time position and that i couldnt have classes that interrupted that, even though in my head I already worked that part out and was going to take classes at night and on the weekend....BUT after saying they would contact me they never did.

mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

Writing cover letters for all the jobs you're applying for.

This.
 I have a basic cover letter that I use as a template for most of the jobs I apply to but it's still a pain in the #%* having to edit it to fit the specific job and then when you don't get a response back it feels like you did all that work for nothing.

Originally Posted by papageorgeo510

Writing cover letters for all the jobs you're applying for.

This.
 I have a basic cover letter that I use as a template for most of the jobs I apply to but it's still a pain in the #%* having to edit it to fit the specific job and then when you don't get a response back it feels like you did all that work for nothing.

Not getting called back after the long apps, cover letter, interview, process all together....I've been trying to leave this job/look for a new job since April and nothing yet.....after a while, you start thinking its you.

When they ask you what age group you fall under. The question after that goes, what is your birthdate?

Why couldn't they ask me my birthdate and then from that, just place me in an age group. Stupid

When they ask you what age group you fall under. The question after that goes, what is your birthdate?

Why couldn't they ask me my birthdate and then from that, just place me in an age group. Stupid

Not getting called back after the long apps, cover letter, interview, process all together....I've been trying to leave this job/look for a new job since April and nothing yet.....after a while, you start thinking its you.

Honestly folks, I was there for what seemed like an eternity, it was only six months, and what I've gathered from the whole interview process is this: its really tedious, and basically the only way you will get noticed is if you went to a TOP TOP school, or you know someone.. not only is it enough to know someone these days though, they have to show an active interest in helping you. I have 2 jobs currently and both were jobs i had to apply to numerous jobs, and both jobs i was immediately hired after i found the right person to get the info to. Its not even a question of how qualified you are anymore.. if a good person puts in a good word, you're in

Back
Top Bottom