When searching and applying for a new job, which part get's you annoyed the most?

Originally Posted by bwood056

just landed a job today FTW.. 3 days a week.. no less than 1200 month.. finnnaaalllyyyy . i been searching since summer lol.. fits in my school schedule perfect

proud you made it dude, keep up the hustle and grind.

Originally Posted by bwood056

just landed a job today FTW.. 3 days a week.. no less than 1200 month.. finnnaaalllyyyy . i been searching since summer lol.. fits in my school schedule perfect

proud you made it dude, keep up the hustle and grind.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

The questionnaire everyone is talking about actually serves a purpose.  I'm in an executive position at my job. I hire, fire, promote, suspend..... pretty much everything.
The questionnaire is typically issued by the company's insurance company.  Believe it or not, 99% of the companies out there pay for each individual questionnaire to be processed.
The questions might seem ridiculous, but you'd be surprised how many people answer A-C (see question):

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET INVOLVED WITH ILLEGAL NARCOTICS?
a) often
b) occasionally
c) rarely
d) never

Plus, we're not hiring, but we still take applications.  At least I'm up front with all the new applicants.  I tell them 'we're not hiring, but we'll keep your application in the event a position opens up'
Most other companies don't even go that far with new applicants.
Cover letters serve absolutely no purpose.

and yes, if the new applicant is referred by another employee with a good reputation, I'll take that new referred applicant over someone coming straight off the streets.  Sorry, but that's how 99% of all employers do it.
I'm glad I stuck with my gut feelings, and not really caring about doing a cover letter for every job that asks, I always thought it was about the resume that was important...than k you for making me further believe.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

The questionnaire everyone is talking about actually serves a purpose.  I'm in an executive position at my job. I hire, fire, promote, suspend..... pretty much everything.
The questionnaire is typically issued by the company's insurance company.  Believe it or not, 99% of the companies out there pay for each individual questionnaire to be processed.
The questions might seem ridiculous, but you'd be surprised how many people answer A-C (see question):

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET INVOLVED WITH ILLEGAL NARCOTICS?
a) often
b) occasionally
c) rarely
d) never

Plus, we're not hiring, but we still take applications.  At least I'm up front with all the new applicants.  I tell them 'we're not hiring, but we'll keep your application in the event a position opens up'
Most other companies don't even go that far with new applicants.
Cover letters serve absolutely no purpose.

and yes, if the new applicant is referred by another employee with a good reputation, I'll take that new referred applicant over someone coming straight off the streets.  Sorry, but that's how 99% of all employers do it.
I'm glad I stuck with my gut feelings, and not really caring about doing a cover letter for every job that asks, I always thought it was about the resume that was important...than k you for making me further believe.

capricdragon what industry are you in?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't submit a cover letter with a resume when you have the option to. Doing so, IMO, gives you the advantage over someone without one. Especially if your cover letter is well written.

Cover letters are definitely the most tedious part of submitting resumes for openings. I've got a basic template for it, but it is a *!#$$ to specialize it for whatever opening I am applying for.

capricdragon what industry are you in?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't submit a cover letter with a resume when you have the option to. Doing so, IMO, gives you the advantage over someone without one. Especially if your cover letter is well written.

Cover letters are definitely the most tedious part of submitting resumes for openings. I've got a basic template for it, but it is a *!#$$ to specialize it for whatever opening I am applying for.

Back
Top Bottom