When searching and applying for a new job, which part get's you annoyed the most?

Online Applications.

I HATE them with a passion.

Paper applications; in the mall - grab a pen, go sit in the food court/grab something to eat, fill it out, turn it back in on the way out = 30 minutes tops.

Online - Basic info + 45 minute -1 hour questionnaire about nothing important = waste of time.

I'd rather just go to the place, dressed nicely, talk face to face with the manager, & possibly get hired.

Online applications = talking to nobody, can't show your interest/personality through a computer screen...just annoying.

Online Applications.

I HATE them with a passion.

Paper applications; in the mall - grab a pen, go sit in the food court/grab something to eat, fill it out, turn it back in on the way out = 30 minutes tops.

Online - Basic info + 45 minute -1 hour questionnaire about nothing important = waste of time.

I'd rather just go to the place, dressed nicely, talk face to face with the manager, & possibly get hired.

Online applications = talking to nobody, can't show your interest/personality through a computer screen...just annoying.

when i was younger i would apply for some entry level or part time jobs. What pissed me off the most was at the face to face interview, the dude across from me looks like a complete scrub. A dude that you know just by looking at him and watching the way he carrys himself is a complete crap bag. My fate lies with this guy SMH

when i was younger i would apply for some entry level or part time jobs. What pissed me off the most was at the face to face interview, the dude across from me looks like a complete scrub. A dude that you know just by looking at him and watching the way he carrys himself is a complete crap bag. My fate lies with this guy SMH

just landed a job today FTW.. 3 days a week.. no less than 1200 month.. finnnaaalllyyyy . i been searching since summer lol.. fits in my school schedule perfect

just landed a job today FTW.. 3 days a week.. no less than 1200 month.. finnnaaalllyyyy . i been searching since summer lol.. fits in my school schedule perfect

The waiting is the worse part. I had an interview Saturday morning and am now now waiting on the call back. They said it would be either yesterday or today.

The waiting is the worse part. I had an interview Saturday morning and am now now waiting on the call back. They said it would be either yesterday or today.

Getting a call back the day before Christmas saying:

"You're extremely qualified and had an excellent resume but someone unusually qualified that we hadn't expected stepped up that we had to extend an offer to."

No joke.

Dream job in my field and in a city I really want to be in.

$#%$ just isn't fair.

Oh, and cover letters. What a pain...

Getting a call back the day before Christmas saying:

"You're extremely qualified and had an excellent resume but someone unusually qualified that we hadn't expected stepped up that we had to extend an offer to."

No joke.

Dream job in my field and in a city I really want to be in.

$#%$ just isn't fair.

Oh, and cover letters. What a pain...

I been feeling really bummed about not finding something new and getting my career started. glad to see im not the only one not getting hired, as bad as that sounds, I was getting bummed out because i know how valuable i am if i were given an opportunity.

I been feeling really bummed about not finding something new and getting my career started. glad to see im not the only one not getting hired, as bad as that sounds, I was getting bummed out because i know how valuable i am if i were given an opportunity.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

The actual getting up before noon and feeling like you're making headway and not wasting your time doing something which leads in the opposite direction of employment. Its really a grind. Almost a job in itself.

Verbatim.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

The actual getting up before noon and feeling like you're making headway and not wasting your time doing something which leads in the opposite direction of employment. Its really a grind. Almost a job in itself.

Verbatim.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

The stupid questionnaire at the end + jobs asking for 348378473847 references. 

x2

I always use my friends. Actually I don't think ive ever had a place call any of my references.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

The stupid questionnaire at the end + jobs asking for 348378473847 references. 

x2

I always use my friends. Actually I don't think ive ever had a place call any of my references.

The questionnaire everyone is talking about actually serves a purpose.  I'm in an executive position at my job. I hire, fire, promote, suspend..... pretty much everything.
The questionnaire is typically issued by the company's insurance company.  Believe it or not, 99% of the companies out there pay for each individual questionnaire to be processed.
The questions might seem ridiculous, but you'd be surprised how many people answer A-C (see question):

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET INVOLVED WITH ILLEGAL NARCOTICS?
a) often
b) occasionally
c) rarely
d) never

Plus, we're not hiring, but we still take applications.  At least I'm up front with all the new applicants.  I tell them 'we're not hiring, but we'll keep your application in the event a position opens up'
Most other companies don't even go that far with new applicants.
Cover letters serve absolutely no purpose.

and yes, if the new applicant is referred by another employee with a good reputation, I'll take that new referred applicant over someone coming straight off the streets.  Sorry, but that's how 99% of all employers do it.

The questionnaire everyone is talking about actually serves a purpose.  I'm in an executive position at my job. I hire, fire, promote, suspend..... pretty much everything.
The questionnaire is typically issued by the company's insurance company.  Believe it or not, 99% of the companies out there pay for each individual questionnaire to be processed.
The questions might seem ridiculous, but you'd be surprised how many people answer A-C (see question):

HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET INVOLVED WITH ILLEGAL NARCOTICS?
a) often
b) occasionally
c) rarely
d) never

Plus, we're not hiring, but we still take applications.  At least I'm up front with all the new applicants.  I tell them 'we're not hiring, but we'll keep your application in the event a position opens up'
Most other companies don't even go that far with new applicants.
Cover letters serve absolutely no purpose.

and yes, if the new applicant is referred by another employee with a good reputation, I'll take that new referred applicant over someone coming straight off the streets.  Sorry, but that's how 99% of all employers do it.

The fact that there is always another person applying for the same job as yourself. This is why building a relationship and networking is important.

The fact that there is always another person applying for the same job as yourself. This is why building a relationship and networking is important.

*Filling out an application when I have to submit a resume
*Getting letters of recommendation instead of just references
*Never getting a call back
*Calling and leaving messages and never getting a call back
*Getting letters/emails that "we'll keep your information on file for 3 years in case a position opens and you wish to reapply"

and the BIG one

****Knowing you have an outstanding resume with a ton of experience and great references, however, none of that matters because at the end of the day......

It doesn't matter what you know, but WHO you know when trying to get a job (or anything really in life)

*Filling out an application when I have to submit a resume
*Getting letters of recommendation instead of just references
*Never getting a call back
*Calling and leaving messages and never getting a call back
*Getting letters/emails that "we'll keep your information on file for 3 years in case a position opens and you wish to reapply"

and the BIG one

****Knowing you have an outstanding resume with a ton of experience and great references, however, none of that matters because at the end of the day......

It doesn't matter what you know, but WHO you know when trying to get a job (or anything really in life)

Back
Top Bottom