When's the right time to drop the L word?

Man I was dating my wife for over a year before I told her I loved her. 10 days? kids moving fast these days.

Man I was dating my wife for over a year before I told her I loved her. 10 days? kids moving fast these days.

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by RKO2004

These replies
laugh.gif

Here is a better question, after breaking up with a girl you love, how do you know when to tell the next one? I was just thinking, what if the old feeling haven't died yet?

I got you G... I'm at this point RIGHT now and this is what I've gathered..

You don't have to stop loving someone to love someone else. Truth is, God wants us to love everybody anyway (and I'm not the Jesus-y type). There are parts of me that will always love what my ex was to me at that time, but that's all there is to it. It's like your favorite clothes when you're a kid. You can outgrow them without hating them.

I started talking to my girl last August...  3 weeks after I broke up with the love of my life at the time. I didn't get over said love until...what...May of this year? I dunno. But you now what, lil mama was there for me for every tear, every confused feeling, every let down -- all of it. I never had to hide my emotions for my ex from her because she understood how HARD and how MUCH I loved that woman and how much I grieved for what could have been. It was all of her patience and understanding that made me REALIZE what being loved was supposed to feel like. At first I just loved being loved, and I kept it real with her about that. She didn't hold it agagainst me that I didn't feel as strongly for her as she felt for me. A few "firsts" later, I realized she had been waiting to give me her love ever since she met me 5 years ago. Up until this point, I had only looked after her well-being mentally. She was like a little sister to me, so I'd always give her "role model advice"., but after we started talking  and after she started holding me down emotionally, I developed a sense of responsibility for her emotional well being as well.  That's all it takes...  love isn't magical. It's a choice. I didn't fall in love with my lady, I stepped into it slowly and cautiously this time. The water is always cold at first, but then you warm up to it.  As long as she's who I think she is and who I'm molding her to become, I see no reason why I should forsake what we have. That's all love is man...

pimp.gif

Makes sense. Right now its still in that new phase of the break up (2 weeks). Plus we work together
tired.gif
. I'm not over her of course but I feel like I'm almost at a point to talk to new girls. That's the scary part, meeting new girls. Learning to trust them and get to know them will be so different.

Hopefully the next, whoever that may be, is ready what I'm ready for. My ex is still somewhat young, so there was maturity issues there. Stuff we argued about was childish looking back on it and she has a funny look on life. Its crazy now thinking about some of the things she said and thought. She honestly felt and has been feeling that after 3.5 years, she deserved a engagement ring by now (She's 19 BTW
eyes.gif
). How you feel, you deserve an ENGAGEMENT ring, but your saying you're unsure about what you want at this point and if yoy're was doing the right thing by being with me.
indifferent.gif

Right now I just need someone who lives in my reality. You get a ring when you EARN it. A female who knows what she wants and what she wants to do in life. One whose sure of herself and her decisions. I don't want to say the relationship was a mistake, because I learned a lot and it was great, but looking forward, no more waiting on maturity. Come with it or don't come at all.

Your new girl sounds way, way better than your old girl
laugh.gif
. Classic posts.

I keep getting the weird feeling I'm going to keep running into tac heads for a while though
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. Tac heads = girls not wife-able BTW. But I just keep wondering where the hell am I going to find someone who is going to give what I do. Its some selfish, childish females out there and I know/have known too many of them.

1. I was NOWHERE near "ready" to talk to anybody, but I knew I could holla at shorty. To b real, I holla'd at everybody that would listen. No other chick could deal with my baggage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. She did tho
grin.gif
. Best decision I ever made, relationship wise. She didn't push me to get over my ex. I didn' pull. We just let it happen naturally.. oh, and my ex ended up getting real negative and *****y and so that was all the more reason to value this new girl that was the antithesis of the one that had not only ripped my heart out, but was now feasting on it.

2. That was the hardest thing to let go; KNOWING most of our fights were so small that we never really needed to have them in the first place. But once the damage is done, it's done. And it couldn't be undone if I was gonna be the only person trying, so I stopped trying. And once that happened, I saw my ex for what she was. I was her security blanket and "pet BF". She wasn't as far down for me as I was for her when things got uneasy. This "new" chick is (It's been almost a year and a half
eek.gif
pimp.gif
)

3. My then 19 year old ex told me, and I'll never forget this, "If we're not married in 2 years, you're wasting my time and it's not worth it". What makes a woman GIRL think love is on a time schedule? Further more, who says some self centered ##!! like that unless they really have NO idea HOW to love someone other than their self or what all marriage entails? I'ma always feel like
eyes.gif
about that one... 

4. PREACH

5. I can't say she's a better person (well I could, but I won't) cuz while I was in the moment, no woman could compare to my ex. She's who she is, and I was ALL over her. So I ain't finna slander her these days. I'm better than that. But I will say that this lil lady fits me MUCH better and I get as much from her as I give, if not more. That's what it's all about. We compete for who can be the most generous. How can you lose THAT contest? Just keep fishing man.. they're out there...

1. That's an interesting one to ponder on. Finding a girl to do that is special. A lot of these girls nowadays looking for they next meal or ride vs some real stuff like that.

2.Not being able to take things back after they part your lips FTL. I've said a lot of hurtful stuff. The arguments just weren't petty, they kept going on until I reached a boiling point. It was like, OK lets be done with it and somehow it keeps going. She'd always say it takes 2 people to argue but what is a conversation with one barking and the other trying to squash the beef?

I hate the idea of being her pet BF.
laugh.gif
But it seems I'm either her pet BF or she'll eventually come to the point of realization that she wants to realistically continue things. I still love her, but her hitting me with the, "I love you but I don't know if I'm sure if I am ready for the long haul yet" hit me hard. I believed the sweet things she said over time. I was making long term plans with her and everything. If things continued on course, I was going to most likely start saving next summer and get her a ring sometime in 2012.
tired.gif

3. The time schedule was a draw back for me too. She was thinking she was been supposed to have one because of how long we were together and what we've done and gone through. That was a red flag for me. You don't make moves like that because of the year, you make it because its time and you know you're ready to step up as a man and make your girl your wife. That's probably THE BIGGEST FLAW for women in general. The feeling of Entitlement. I'm trying to better myself, mentally, spiritually, physically and financially, not join a rat race of other expectations of what we should be doing when.

5.Win/Win. That's what we were developing into but it took a long time. She was selfish with stuff at first but she started to really grow out of it. I thought I was done fishing, 
tired.gif
. To start over again
laugh.gif
mad.gif
. Damn, its like almost beating a game then bam, power outage, memory is corrupted which = starting over again. Well bright side is, things get easier with repetition.
ohwell.gif

Like for real tho..Who texts I love you?

We did when we weren't on the phone
laugh.gif

If you not **** deep in shorty and staring her in the eye like a HER man, you did it wrong anyway...scrub. I can't wait to see the thread titled "Proposed to wifey with a FB relationship request Vol. Denied"

laugh.gif

These replies
laugh.gif

Here is a better question, after breaking up with a girl you love, how do you know when to tell the next one? I was just thinking, what if the old feeling haven't died yet?

I got you G... I'm at this point RIGHT now and this is what I've gathered..

You don't have to stop loving someone to love someone else. Truth is, God wants us to love everybody anyway (and I'm not the Jesus-y type). There are parts of me that will always love what my ex was to me at that time, but that's all there is to it. It's like your favorite clothes when you're a kid. You can outgrow them without hating them.

I started talking to my girl last August...  3 weeks after I broke up with the love of my life at the time. I didn't get over said love until...what...May of this year? I dunno. But you now what, lil mama was there for me for every tear, every confused feeling, every let down -- all of it. I never had to hide my emotions for my ex from her because she understood how HARD and how MUCH I loved that woman and how much I grieved for what could have been. It was all of her patience and understanding that made me REALIZE what being loved was supposed to feel like. At first I just loved being loved, and I kept it real with her about that. She didn't hold it agagainst me that I didn't feel as strongly for her as she felt for me. A few "firsts" later, I realized she had been waiting to give me her love ever since she met me 5 years ago. Up until this point, I had only looked after her well-being mentally. She was like a little sister to me, so I'd always give her "role model advice"., but after we started talking  and after she started holding me down emotionally, I developed a sense of responsibility for her emotional well being as well.  That's all it takes...  love isn't magical. It's a choice. I didn't fall in love with my lady, I stepped into it slowly and cautiously this time. The water is always cold at first, but then you warm up to it.  As long as she's who I think she is and who I'm molding her to become, I see no reason why I should forsake what we have. That's all love is man...

pimp.gif

Makes sense. Right now its still in that new phase of the break up (2 weeks). Plus we work together
tired.gif
. I'm not over her of course but I feel like I'm almost at a point to talk to new girls. That's the scary part, meeting new girls. Learning to trust them and get to know them will be so different.

Hopefully the next, whoever that may be, is ready what I'm ready for. My ex is still somewhat young, so there was maturity issues there. Stuff we argued about was childish looking back on it and she has a funny look on life. Its crazy now thinking about some of the things she said and thought. She honestly felt and has been feeling that after 3.5 years, she deserved a engagement ring by now (She's 19 BTW
eyes.gif
). How you feel, you deserve an ENGAGEMENT ring, but your saying you're unsure about what you want at this point and if yoy're was doing the right thing by being with me.
indifferent.gif

Right now I just need someone who lives in my reality. You get a ring when you EARN it. A female who knows what she wants and what she wants to do in life. One whose sure of herself and her decisions. I don't want to say the relationship was a mistake, because I learned a lot and it was great, but looking forward, no more waiting on maturity. Come with it or don't come at all.

Your new girl sounds way, way better than your old girl
laugh.gif
. Classic posts.

I keep getting the weird feeling I'm going to keep running into tac heads for a while though
laugh.gif
sick.gif
. Tac heads = girls not wife-able BTW. But I just keep wondering where the hell am I going to find someone who is going to give what I do. Its some selfish, childish females out there and I know/have known too many of them.

1. I was NOWHERE near "ready" to talk to anybody, but I knew I could holla at shorty. To b real, I holla'd at everybody that would listen. No other chick could deal with my baggage
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. She did tho
grin.gif
. Best decision I ever made, relationship wise. She didn't push me to get over my ex. I didn' pull. We just let it happen naturally.. oh, and my ex ended up getting real negative and *****y and so that was all the more reason to value this new girl that was the antithesis of the one that had not only ripped my heart out, but was now feasting on it.

2. That was the hardest thing to let go; KNOWING most of our fights were so small that we never really needed to have them in the first place. But once the damage is done, it's done. And it couldn't be undone if I was gonna be the only person trying, so I stopped trying. And once that happened, I saw my ex for what she was. I was her security blanket and "pet BF". She wasn't as far down for me as I was for her when things got uneasy. This "new" chick is (It's been almost a year and a half
eek.gif
pimp.gif
)

3. My then 19 year old ex told me, and I'll never forget this, "If we're not married in 2 years, you're wasting my time and it's not worth it". What makes a woman GIRL think love is on a time schedule? Further more, who says some self centered ##!! like that unless they really have NO idea HOW to love someone other than their self or what all marriage entails? I'ma always feel like
eyes.gif
about that one... 

4. PREACH

5. I can't say she's a better person (well I could, but I won't) cuz while I was in the moment, no woman could compare to my ex. She's who she is, and I was ALL over her. So I ain't finna slander her these days. I'm better than that. But I will say that this lil lady fits me MUCH better and I get as much from her as I give, if not more. That's what it's all about. We compete for who can be the most generous. How can you lose THAT contest? Just keep fishing man.. they're out there...

1. That's an interesting one to ponder on. Finding a girl to do that is special. A lot of these girls nowadays looking for they next meal or ride vs some real stuff like that.

2.Not being able to take things back after they part your lips FTL. I've said a lot of hurtful stuff. The arguments just weren't petty, they kept going on until I reached a boiling point. It was like, OK lets be done with it and somehow it keeps going. She'd always say it takes 2 people to argue but what is a conversation with one barking and the other trying to squash the beef?

I hate the idea of being her pet BF.
laugh.gif
But it seems I'm either her pet BF or she'll eventually come to the point of realization that she wants to realistically continue things. I still love her, but her hitting me with the, "I love you but I don't know if I'm sure if I am ready for the long haul yet" hit me hard. I believed the sweet things she said over time. I was making long term plans with her and everything. If things continued on course, I was going to most likely start saving next summer and get her a ring sometime in 2012.
tired.gif

3. The time schedule was a draw back for me too. She was thinking she was been supposed to have one because of how long we were together and what we've done and gone through. That was a red flag for me. You don't make moves like that because of the year, you make it because its time and you know you're ready to step up as a man and make your girl your wife. That's probably THE BIGGEST FLAW for women in general. The feeling of Entitlement. I'm trying to better myself, mentally, spiritually, physically and financially, not join a rat race of other expectations of what we should be doing when.

5.Win/Win. That's what we were developing into but it took a long time. She was selfish with stuff at first but she started to really grow out of it. I thought I was done fishing, 
tired.gif
. To start over again
laugh.gif
mad.gif
. Damn, its like almost beating a game then bam, power outage, memory is corrupted which = starting over again. Well bright side is, things get easier with repetition.
ohwell.gif

Like for real tho..Who texts I love you?

We did when we weren't on the phone
laugh.gif

If you not **** deep in shorty and staring her in the eye like a HER man, you did it wrong anyway...scrub. I can't wait to see the thread titled "Proposed to wifey with a FB relationship request Vol. Denied"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

You're just in the infatuation stage right now, son.

Let it ride for a little bit, and then see how you feel.

This. Please listen to this advice.

Originally Posted by Club29

You're just in the infatuation stage right now, son.

Let it ride for a little bit, and then see how you feel.

This. Please listen to this advice.

Whens the right time?

The L words is all a social construct. Its been engraved in us since little kids that one day we will find that special woman who will knock us off our feet and can give us that something that no other woman can. We've all been fooled though. This works great in movies and #*## but unfortunately for us this is not a romantic comedy starring Sandra Bullock. Youll convince yourself you need that girl, youll convince yourself you cant be without her but all you really did is force yourself to believe something that the society tells us to believe in.

Your whole life youve been fed a load of %!$++**@.

True freaking words right here

Whens the right time?

The L words is all a social construct. Its been engraved in us since little kids that one day we will find that special woman who will knock us off our feet and can give us that something that no other woman can. We've all been fooled though. This works great in movies and #*## but unfortunately for us this is not a romantic comedy starring Sandra Bullock. Youll convince yourself you need that girl, youll convince yourself you cant be without her but all you really did is force yourself to believe something that the society tells us to believe in.

Your whole life youve been fed a load of %!$++**@.

True freaking words right here

Back
Top Bottom