Where does Dirk Nowitzki lie on all-time PF list?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I was being sarcastic about Grant Hill, because honestly Chirs Webber has no business being in this discussion.
I figured...but Webber is a legitimate argument in PF top ten discussions. He may have never lived up to the hype, but he still put some numbers,thats for sure....

CP on that Sactown hate. Dang it, can't say anything back because the Lakers beat the Kings every time. SMH.

I told you JA this thread will not end well. A bunch of lists, the Webber love/hate, more lists, and now even AI of all players. Last time I checked, dude wasgetting hate on NT for being a "clown." Now we talking about 2001 again!

On to another one... It won't end. Dirk vs Webber. Dirk vs KG. How about Dirk vs Duncan? It doesn't matter if you are not going against #1 anyways.Fighting words hoping your fav PF makes it as #8 on a list or something. Just kidding. These threads are always fun to read. Never ends well though.

Give me an in his prime CWebb over an in prime Dirk every single day..

but dirk's career probably turns out looking better..

Originally Posted by Al3xis

why? cwebb wanted no part of the ball during the 4th qtr (same w/ garnett)

I think a lot of you are underestimating as to how dominant Chris Webber was. Dude could do just about anything he wanted on the offensive end of the court. Ifit wasn't for his injury woes, there would be no debate as to his place in the top 10 PF's of all-time.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think a lot of you are underestimating as to how dominant Chris Webber was. Dude could do just about anything he wanted on the offensive end of the court.

Until the 4th quarter in which he wanted that ball as far away from him as possible.

I think a lot of you are underestimating as to how dominant Chris Webber was. Dude could do just about anything he wanted on the offensive end of the court. If it wasn't for his injury woes, there would be no debate as to his place in the top 10 PF's of all-time.

Sure but him "doing anything he wanted", how did that actually equate to production?

We all love Webbers talent, the post moves, the court vision, jump shot but in the end Dirk produced more with 1 tool, one of the sickest jumpshots ever.
pimp.gif

People always forget but y'all can check the numbers Dirk was the single most effective offensive player for a good three year stretch, still gets norespect
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by HalfwayCROOK

Webber discussion is serious...?

And even though Im a Celtics guy

How Dirk can take over a game, puts him above KG.

How old are you? 15?

KG takes over games? Not even close to Dirk with that

Originally Posted by Al3xis

there's no probably about it.

dirk3_300_070515.jpg

but in the end Dirk produced more with 1 tool
And he will never be the rebounder Webber was (on faulty knees), he'll never be the defender Webber was and he'll never have offenses ranthrough him like Webber did.

One aspect of basketball doesn't make him the better player.

These are two of my favorite players of all-time that I'm talking about, but Dirk isn't the better of the two.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think a lot of you are underestimating as to how dominant Chris Webber was. Dude could do just about anything he wanted on the offensive end of the court. If it wasn't for his injury woes, there would be no debate as to his place in the top 10 PF's of all-time.

Sure but him "doing anything he wanted", how did that actually equate to production?

We all love Webbers talent, the post moves, the court vision, jump shot but in the end Dirk produced more with 1 tool, one of the sickest jumpshots ever.
pimp.gif

People always forget but y'all can check the numbers Dirk was the single most effective offensive player for a good three year stretch, still gets no respect
tired.gif
I'm not comparing him to Dirk...never in my post did I say ANYTHING about C.Webb vs. Dirk....

all I'm saying is that a lot of dudes on this board whose only recollection of the guy was his Phi/Det years, are seriously undervaluing how good a playerhe actually was.

You want to mention a player who gets no respect here on NT??? [clay davis] sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittttttt [/clay davis] C.Webb is that guy.

Thos Kings teams are some of the best to never win a championship, I will take a in-prime Webber over Dirk as well, but Dirk has the better career.

And BBallah, how is Barkley the 6th best PF of all-time that is a joke, he is top 3 without a doubt.

#*%!, I just read page 1...and you dudes disgust me.

Dirk has never played a lick of defense in his life, and you guys are putting him next to Kevin Garnett...?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

And he will never be the rebounder Webber was (on faulty knees),

Dirks rebound rate is only 1% lower than Webb DESPITE playing on the perimeter (less chances for offensive rebounds) not to mention his defensiverebound rate is HIGHER. They are equal. Dirks better on the defensive boards, and Webber is a better offensive rebounder.
he'll never be the defender Webber
Does not in anyway make up for Dirks far greater offensive value.
he'll never have offenses ran through him like Webber did.
Hmm, they use the same amount of offensive possessions. according to BR. and somehow Dirk produced more points with
If you are good enough at one aspect, sure.

Like I said Dirk did more with one elite skill than Webber did with 4 very good ones.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Dirk has never played a lick of defense in his life, and you guys are putting him next to Kevin Garnett...?
Dirk is by NO means a great defender, but the guy averages a block for both his career/playoffs.

Chris Webber may be in the top 10 discussion, that may not be a stretch, but saying he's better than Dirk for his CAREER? That. Is. A. Stretch. Hewasn't that much of a better rebounder, sure maybe in his prime, but for his CAREER? Very similar.

Sure Chris might have peaked HIGHER than Dirk Nowitzki, but he never had the success Dirk did. The guy was Mr. 46 Minutes. Dirk GOES TO WORK in the finalseconds of the game, I could post at least five instances where Dirk hits game-ending jumpers off the top of my head, not to mention great rallies late in thegame. Chris had guys hit big shots for him. Dirk IS that guy who did it all.

If it wasn't for his injury woes, there would be no debate as to his place in the top 10 PF's of all-time.

Would there? I mean the guy never stepped up when it mattered in the Playoffs. How many times has the guy put up over 35 in a Playoff game? I'll let youknow, never. What did he ever CARRY a team to? When did he ever CARRY his team? He was definitely more skilled, more athletic, but he didn't put ittogether. It's like saying Sheed is better than Dirk, when Sheed is the most unmotivated player in the League.

If anything, Webber is OVERRATED. Yeah he had the entire toolkit, he just didn't use it to his advantage. How can a guy so great never have a Playoff gamewith over 35 points? He only has FIVE games 30+. I won't tell you how many Dirk's has, because it's not a fair comparison, because he's a farsurperior offensive player. Webber had defense sure, but how many All-Defense teams did he make? How many firsts teams? How many MVPs?

He had great stats for a few years. He was probably better in his prime than Dirk was, but he didn't sustain it. Dirk has been at this level the ENTIREdecade.

Dirk is by NO means a great defender, but the guy averages a block for both his career/playoffs.

Chris Webber may be in the top 10 discussion, that may not be a stretch, but saying he's better than Dirk for his CAREER? That. Is. A. Stretch. He wasn't that much of a better rebounder, sure maybe in his prime, but for his CAREER? Very similar.

Sure Chris might have peaked HIGHER than Dirk Nowitzki, but he never had the success Dirk did. The guy was Mr. 46 Minutes. Dirk GOES TO WORK in the final seconds of the game, I could post at least five instances where Dirk hits game-ending jumpers off the top of my head, not to mention great rallies late in the game. Chris had guys hit big shots for him. Dirk IS that guy who did it all.

If it wasn't for his injury woes, there would be no debate as to his place in the top 10 PF's of all-time.

Would there? I mean the guy never stepped up when it mattered in the Playoffs. How many times has the guy put up over 35 in a Playoff game? I'll let you know, never. What did he ever CARRY a team to? When did he ever CARRY his team? He was definitely more skilled, more athletic, but he didn't put it together. It's like saying Sheed is better than Dirk, when Sheed is the most unmotivated player in the League.

If anything, Webber is OVERRATED. Yeah he had the entire toolkit, he just didn't use it to his advantage. How can a guy so great never have a Playoff game with over 35 points? He only has FIVE games 30+. I won't tell you how many Dirk's has, because it's not a fair comparison, because he's a far surperior offensive player. Webber had defense sure, but how many All-Defense teams did he make? How many firsts teams? How many MVPs?

He had great stats for a few years. He was probably better in his prime than Dirk was, but he didn't sustain it. Dirk has been at this level the ENTIRE decade.

Just stop. For the 1000th time, I AM NOT COMPARING DIRK TO WEBBER.

He had his playoff failures, but so has Dirk. Also, because he has never had a playoff game where he scored over 35 points, he's not good?
grin.gif
Your logic is strange JapanAir.

Also, this whole last paragraph by you REEKS of a veiled attempt in comparing Dirk to Webber. If you're going to talk about players carrying/not carryingteams in the playoffs, then that debacle against GS falls on whose shoulders? I'll wait....

And how are you honestly going to sit there and insult everyone intelligence by trying to be sarcastic/witty with the Sheed/Dirk statement...

sad.

And he will never be the rebounder Webber was (on faulty knees), he'll never be the defender Webber was and he'll never have offenses ran through him like Webber did.

These are two of my favorite players of all-time that I'm talking about, but Dirk isn't the better of the two.

Huh?

It's like saying Sheed is better than Dirk, when Sheed is the most unmotivated player in the League.
are you really that %%!*%%! stupid? sheed is not even in the same class as webber

If anything, Webber is OVERRATED. Yeah he had the entire toolkit, he just didn't use it to his advantage.
so he had a career of 20 points pre game just under 10 boards a game and 4 dimes a game, but yup he didnt use all of his skill set to hisadvantage
grin.gif

And he will never be the rebounder Webber was (on faulty knees), he'll never be the defender Webber was and he'll never have offenses ran through him like Webber did.

Better a few seasons but not for an entire career.
I mean I agree, Webber had more skill etc, but in the end, Dirk has produced more in the NBA than Webber has.
It's not Dirk's fault Webber was so injury prone/didn't have the killer instincts in 4th quarters.

In summary, Dirk has will have a better NBA career which will put him ahead of Webber, but Webber had a better skill set (and that's arguable imo).

Chris Webber may be in the top 10 discussion, that may not be a stretch, but saying he's better than Dirk for his CAREER? That. Is. A. Stretch. He wasn't that much of a better rebounder, sure maybe in his prime, but for his CAREER? Very similar.

Sure Chris might have peaked HIGHER than Dirk Nowitzki, but he never had the success Dirk did. The guy was Mr. 46 Minutes. Dirk GOES TO WORK in the final seconds of the game, I could post at least five instances where Dirk hits game-ending jumpers off the top of my head, not to mention great rallies late in the game. Chris had guys hit big shots for him. Dirk IS that guy who did it all.

Would there? I mean the guy never stepped up when it mattered in the Playoffs. How many times has the guy put up over 35 in a Playoff game? I'll let you know, never. What did he ever CARRY a team to? When did he ever CARRY his team? He was definitely more skilled, more athletic, but he didn't put it together. It's like saying Sheed is better than Dirk, when Sheed is the most unmotivated player in the League.

If anything, Webber is OVERRATED. Yeah he had the entire toolkit, he just didn't use it to his advantage. How can a guy so great never have a Playoff game with over 35 points? He only has FIVE games 30+. I won't tell you how many Dirk's has, because it's not a fair comparison, because he's a far surperior offensive player. Webber had defense sure, but how many All-Defense teams did he make? How many firsts teams? How many MVPs?

He had great stats for a few years. He was probably better in his prime than Dirk was, but he didn't sustain it. Dirk has been at this level the ENTIRE decade.
Just stop. For the 1000th time, I AM NOT COMPARING DIRK TO WEBBER.

He had his playoff failures, but so has Dirk. Also, because he has never had a playoff game where he scored over 35 points, he's not good?
grin.gif
Your logic is strange JapanAir.

Also, this whole last paragraph by you REEKS of a veiled attempt in comparing Dirk to Webber. If you're going to talk about players carrying/not carrying teams in the playoffs, then that debacle against GS falls on whose shoulders? I'll wait....

And how are you honestly going to sit there and insult everyone intelligence by trying to be sarcastic/witty with the Sheed/Dirk statement...

sad.

I addressed you first, and then there were people who were saying Webber was better than Dirk. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify that Iwasn't directing all of that towards you, I didn't mean to make you butthurt.
laugh.gif

I'm saying Webber couldn't carry a team late in games when he needed to in the Playoffs. There's no argument against that. I state CLEARLY thatWebber was better in his prime, but he never produced anything in the Playoffs, and he never carried anyone anywhere.

So because Dirk couldn't get past GSW means you forget the rest of the successful years?

Webber was an injury prone player pretty much his whole career. The man never played more than 75 games. Untapped potential. Same happened with Sheed. Iwasn't being sarcastic. He could have been better, but he didn't. Same goes for Webber. Different circumstatnces, Webber probably couldn't haveavoided injury, Sheed could have showed that he gave two +$$+* about playing, but still, they didn't make the most of their careers.

There's a difference between Playoff failures and not being able to step up and have a huge game. Only 5 games of 30+ points? Sketch. Webber was the bestplayer on a stacked team. He never had a subpar cast that he took anywhere. Bibby was the guy late in games. You always saw BIBBY taking the big shots for theKings in the Playoffs.

This is not directed towards you DoubleJs, this is to those who compared Dirk to Webber. I just happened to quote you. There are a lot of people who are sayingthat Webber's better than Dirk for his career, which is what I'm getting at.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

It's like saying Sheed is better than Dirk, when Sheed is the most unmotivated player in the League.
are you really that %%!*%%! stupid? sheed is not even in the same class as webber
If anything, Webber is OVERRATED. Yeah he had the entire toolkit, he just didn't use it to his advantage.
so he had a career of 20 points pre game just under 10 boards a game and 4 dimes a game, but yup he didnt use all of his skill set to his advantage
grin.gif

What'd he ever do in the Playoffs? If you don't make noise in the Playoffs...
grin.gif

He didn't have to score the ball out of necessity and carry his team offensively in the playoffs like Dirk does.

Peja was one of the best players in the league and Bibby was one of the better scoring guards in the league. Who's the best offensive player Dirk has everplayed beside? Josh Howard?

It isn't a slight on Dirk at all, but you can't fault Webber for playing on great, deep, balanced teams. Anybody who thinks he completely disappearedin the postseason is sorely mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom