Where is Adam Morrison?

Originally Posted by skips kicks

AMMO is that dude.

my mans TORE IT UP in college, made it to the L and got paid. end of story.�

My dude takes a major W for earning 17milly to hoop

roll.gif

But i thought he would be a good scorer in the NBA, something off the bench as a sixth or 7th man, but man was i wrong.

Originally Posted by skips kicks

AMMO is that dude.

my mans TORE IT UP in college, made it to the L and got paid. end of story.�

My dude takes a major W for earning 17milly to hoop

roll.gif

But i thought he would be a good scorer in the NBA, something off the bench as a sixth or 7th man, but man was i wrong.

Coming back from the ACL tear his confidence dropped severely. He had no problem shooting the ball most of his rookie year. As awkward as he is, he's also fairly quick and athletic. Most of it is in his head. He just psyches himself out. Watching him with the Wizards was like watching one of those eager two-legged dogs running around on wheels, so much energy and no idea how to channel it properly. Just. Chill. Bro. 

Coming back from the ACL tear his confidence dropped severely. He had no problem shooting the ball most of his rookie year. As awkward as he is, he's also fairly quick and athletic. Most of it is in his head. He just psyches himself out. Watching him with the Wizards was like watching one of those eager two-legged dogs running around on wheels, so much energy and no idea how to channel it properly. Just. Chill. Bro. 

Behind Door No. 1: Chris Webber's timeout and Adam Morrison's breakdown. In retrospect, didn't those count as window-into-the-soul moments? C-Webb routinely shrunk from The Moment starting with the 1993 title game, which we initially wrote off as a fluke mistake. Maybe not. As for Morrison, there were worries about his emotional fragility in college; if you remember, Gonzaga's basketball staff protected him and limited his media exposure. When the meltdown happened, we had fun with it over the next few days -- I even defended him in a magazine column -- but nobody ever took a step back and said, "Wait a second, that was kind of weird." Have you watched the clip lately? Not even jilted "Bachelor" contestants lose their s**t like that. Should we really have been shocked that Morrison had trouble handling adversity in the pros?
Dude was never built for the rigors of NBA competition. Also his defense was atrocious
sick.gif
 I was rootin for him too...

Behind Door No. 1: Chris Webber's timeout and Adam Morrison's breakdown. In retrospect, didn't those count as window-into-the-soul moments? C-Webb routinely shrunk from The Moment starting with the 1993 title game, which we initially wrote off as a fluke mistake. Maybe not. As for Morrison, there were worries about his emotional fragility in college; if you remember, Gonzaga's basketball staff protected him and limited his media exposure. When the meltdown happened, we had fun with it over the next few days -- I even defended him in a magazine column -- but nobody ever took a step back and said, "Wait a second, that was kind of weird." Have you watched the clip lately? Not even jilted "Bachelor" contestants lose their s**t like that. Should we really have been shocked that Morrison had trouble handling adversity in the pros?
Dude was never built for the rigors of NBA competition. Also his defense was atrocious
sick.gif
 I was rootin for him too...

He broke down when there was still 2.9 seconds left, and they still had a chance to, at the worst, tie the game. If that doesn't scream "mentally fragile," I don't know what does.

Clearly dude has some kind of social anxiety/self-esteem issues. He's definitely one of the strangest players in the last several years in all of sports. A lot like the Ricky Williams of the NBA (except Williams was one of the best talents at his position that I've ever seen.)

Dude was just an awkward stoner kid who happened to be 6'8 and grow up around basketball. I'm glad he made his money, or else I'd be seriously worried about dude going off the deep end...

He broke down when there was still 2.9 seconds left, and they still had a chance to, at the worst, tie the game. If that doesn't scream "mentally fragile," I don't know what does.

Clearly dude has some kind of social anxiety/self-esteem issues. He's definitely one of the strangest players in the last several years in all of sports. A lot like the Ricky Williams of the NBA (except Williams was one of the best talents at his position that I've ever seen.)

Dude was just an awkward stoner kid who happened to be 6'8 and grow up around basketball. I'm glad he made his money, or else I'd be seriously worried about dude going off the deep end...

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Dude was just an awkward stoner kid who happened to be 6'8 and grow up around basketball.
I'm glad he made his money, or else I'd be seriously worried about dude going off the deep end...
He was waaaaaaaay more than that. 

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Dude was just an awkward stoner kid who happened to be 6'8 and grow up around basketball.
I'm glad he made his money, or else I'd be seriously worried about dude going off the deep end...

He made millions in the NBA and has more rings then most player. I don't think he has to worry about anything else in life. 

He made millions in the NBA and has more rings then most player. I don't think he has to worry about anything else in life. 

If it weren't for his dad being a college basketball coach, I doubt he would have made to where he is/was, because he clearly doesn't have that killer motivation/drive to be great. That's mainly what I was trying to say.

As far as skills though, dude clearly was not worthy of a top 3 pick and the majority of ppl knew that from the start. He wasn't great or dominating at any aspect of the game, he was just bigger, more athletic and crafty than the comp he faced in the WCC. Put him up against NBA-level athletes at the 3/4 position, and you see the results.

If it weren't for his dad being a college basketball coach, I doubt he would have made to where he is/was, because he clearly doesn't have that killer motivation/drive to be great. That's mainly what I was trying to say.

As far as skills though, dude clearly was not worthy of a top 3 pick and the majority of ppl knew that from the start. He wasn't great or dominating at any aspect of the game, he was just bigger, more athletic and crafty than the comp he faced in the WCC. Put him up against NBA-level athletes at the 3/4 position, and you see the results.

Back
Top Bottom