Which NBA team announcers are the biggest homers?

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

The Celtics entire network is ridiculous. They give absolutely no credit to any opposing player, unless of course he USED to play for Boston.
laugh.gif
Tommy is constantly overrating their players, it gets so annoying. And the rest of the commentators and studio guys don't strike me as big basketball fans; I see them as people who will watch the Celts but no little about guys playing in Milwaukee or GS.

As a Celtics fan I cannot argue....I do think Donny Marshall is the best of the bunch and I look forward to the long road trips where Heinson stays in studio.They should have never got rid of Bob Cousy a few years back. Even though he would only do less then 10 games a year he was good.

I am not sure if he is a "homer" or not, but theres something about Walt Frazier that makes me want to jump through the TV and kill him

^
laugh.gif
walt is something like a downer dude bashes the knicks and always reminds us that the teams is his day would spank these knicks teams

Homer fitzgerald along with tommy heinson and portlands...yall trippin' about stu...he's pretty much neutral joel myers is the one who sounds more likea homer between the two

We should post quotables of these announcers in this thread. I never knew their was so much homers around the nba I just got finished watching these portlanddudes curse on air on youtube
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Portland announcers said Steve Blake was the most underrated player in the NBA and a top-10 PG.

I watch all my games muted.

laugh.gif

I haven't heard the Portland announcers but I know the Kings announcers are terrible though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

We should post quotables of these announcers in this thread. I never knew their was so much homers around the nba I just got finished watching these portland dudes curse on air on youtube
laugh.gif
It's your thread...this is a good look.
pimp.gif

It seems like I want a play by play from Portland's crew.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by PRETTY

thumb.jpg

lol not even close... clipper commentators > lakers by landslide.
laugh.gif

Your on crack !

Ralpher Lawler with his stupid Lawler's law saying.

Also we're talking about a Clipper TV crew that got suspended 1 game this season for bashing the first NBA player from Iran when the Clippers were playing the grizzlies this season.
Ralph Lawler >
Clippers announcers are the most objective announcers in the league by far.
To be honest, i kinda get annoyed with Joel Myers. Stu though is funny as hell, "That is NIIIICE!"

sacramento is pretty bad. announcers hype up spencer hawes like none other, and when he hits an airball, they're quiet as a monastery.

Chester the Cheetah wrote:

didnt think it was possible to do this until i got league pass this year and now i cant watch any games with the volume on. homer-ism is too ridiculous. butyes, portland and cleveland are the worst.

Originally Posted by wcghost

sacramento is pretty bad. announcers hype up spencer hawes like none other, and when he hits an airball, they're quiet as a monastery.

"if you dont like that you dont like kings basketball" lol... as much as warrior fans hate bob fitzgerald it could be worse we could have GRANTNAPEAR.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Portland announcers said Steve Blake was the most underrated player in the NBA and a top-10 PG.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Homer fitzgerald along with tommy heinson and portlands...yall trippin' about stu...he's pretty much neutral joel myers is the one who sounds more like a homer between the two
i know right, stu is more like a coach than a commentator..

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's certainly not the Knicks

Breen is a downer, but I still like him
laugh.gif
Both Walt and Breen keep it real all the time. They openly say we aren't a good team
laugh.gif

son my brother and i were watchin the SA v Denver game too and we both wanted to smack the kufis off of their commentators. it was unbearable homerism. theworst i've ever seen. i've never been angry from listening to commentators. and i've listened to portland and bostons crew before. dudes soundinlike whiny @!+!@#@ after every little thing that went against the spurs. when the game ended the first thing i thought of was that i dont have to listen tothem anymore.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's certainly not the Knicks

Breen is a downer, but I still like him
laugh.gif
Yeah, I love it when he and Clyde get critical.

Mike: "AWFUL shot selection by the Knicks!"
"The Knicks have been DREADFUL tonight, Clyde."
Clyde: "WHERE'S THE HELP?"

Hearing Mike belt out "BANG!" when someone on the Knicks fires a 3 and caps off a 12-0 run is appreciated.

But Breen sometimes thinks he's on national TV when he does Knicks games...starts slurping the opposition (especially LeBron
sick.gif
)
i like the knick commentators
pimp.gif

i watched the phx la game on lp today and the phx guys didnt seem too too bad

worst is boston or cleveland for myself

and clyde is
pimp.gif

Boston takes the cake. Portland in close second IMO. Ralph Lawler is that dude.
laugh.gif
Staples Center is damn near empty for most Clipper games--I can imaginethe entire crowd hearing dude holler "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGOOOO" for the tv.

On a side note, Walt and Breen keep it real. Love watching Knicks games.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Homer fitzgerald along with tommy heinson and portlands...yall trippin' about stu...he's pretty much neutral joel myers is the one who sounds more like a homer between the two
i know right, stu is more like a coach than a commentator..
THIS...
Stu criticizes just as much, if not more than he compliments the laker squad. He always gives props to theopposition as well, you guys are crazy.

Back
Top Bottom