Which NBA team announcers are the biggest homers?

lol at the blazers announcers

Lamar steps in and hes trying to be a "tough guy"

Brandon roy steps in and hes "physical leader"

++** outta here

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's certainly not the Knicks

Breen is a downer, but I still like him
laugh.gif
Both Walt and Breen keep it real all the time. They openly say we aren't a good team
laugh.gif
I'm so negative that it's comforting when my commentators are negative too
laugh.gif

Breen clearly carries over his experience doing national games, and doesn't want to show favoritism towards the Knicks.

The Blazer clip is reason #37283 I will never switch my NW basketball allegiance to that city.

1:24

"Aw man, hit him right in the neck"

(replay clearly shows Rudy not hit in the neck)

"Well, he swung at the ball....uh, uh, uh....I don't care what you swing at, he hit him in the head."

The worst thing is when announcers argue calls against their team like they were picked out of the stands, or when they're rooting for the team so hardthat you can just picture them with a foam finger on their hand while they're doing the broadcast.

That's why Portland and Boston are by far the lowest quality of commentating there can be. Grant Napear with Sacramento can get like this, but most of thetime he's pretty objective.

All broadcasts have to be geared towards the home team since they are primarily serving the local viewers first, and League Pass subscribers a distant second.But there is a difference between highlighting the home team and rooting for them with a mic on.

The best are the Knicks and Nets - I mean Breen and Albert do national TV, and with good reason. I really like the Clippers' ones too. I recall Miami beingpretty decent. Warriors' color commentator is good.

Portland is crazy I been doin my research... theirs a vid on youtube when 1 of them didn't know the mic was on and he called someone a a-hole
laugh.gif
Ican't even listen to the boston guys because reaching through my tv and punching them in the face isn't possible
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

laugh.gif
I almost lost it when he said the JR throwing the ball off of Manu was a "boneheaded play."

laugh.gif

--Saw the replay of that play. Manu threw himself on the ground on that play.
eyes.gif

--Like an 8lb bball can knock over a 180-200lb man. Wow.
So i guess throwing the ball at someones chest is cool now.....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

laugh.gif
I almost lost it when he said the JR throwing the ball off of Manu was a "boneheaded play."

laugh.gif

--Saw the replay of that play. Manu threw himself on the ground on that play.
eyes.gif

--Like an 8lb bball can knock over a 180-200lb man. Wow.
So i guess throwing the ball at someones chest is cool now.....
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

--I didnt see anything in the quote that said it was cool. I just thought it was funny that Manu flopped. Like he always does.

--Ok, so are the Blazer commentators the clear cut winners?

without a doubt, the boston celtics. look up tommy heinson. it's sickening to hear him announce their games

--I didnt see anything in the quote that said it was cool. I just thought it was funny that Manu flopped. Like he always does.

tumblr_ksv1zoDCTM1qzcacio1_400.png

Man sean elliot was horrible, why was he so mad at JR smith.

The 76ers have like the best commentators hands down from what I seen last night. It didnt even feel like a sixers broadcast

Boston, Portland, and San Antonio (Sean Elliot commentates like he's still on the team) are the worst. Did anybody see the Hornets and Bucks game a fewweeks ago, one of their announcers was going crazy trying to say that Collison was better than Jennings just because he was outplaying him that game
roll.gif

I used to think GS's were bad, but they are one of the better ones I've seen this year.

Yea, from my experience the Boston commentators were pretty bad.

On the contrary, I actually find the Knicks commentating pretty fair. Maybe it's because I only catch a few games a year now since watching the Knicks canactually make me cringe nowdays.

Breen really does do a great, fair job on the Knick games, but trust me if the Knicks ever get really good again, he will sound a lot more homer-+*!. He'sa New York guy.

Originally Posted by LakeShow24k

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Homer fitzgerald along with tommy heinson and portlands...yall trippin' about stu...he's pretty much neutral joel myers is the one who sounds more like a homer between the two
i know right, stu is more like a coach than a commentator..
THIS...
Stu criticizes just as much, if not more than he compliments the laker squad. He always gives props to the opposition as well, you guys are crazy.

yep he gives props...he is critical and is tough on the Lakers but in a sarcastic way

I nominate Mychal Thompson. I think he does radio though... dude is absolutely HORRIBLE.

AND they give this tool a radio show in the afternoon.
indifferent.gif

I told ya'll about them Portland dudes.
laugh.gif

Last night on the radio the dude was crying and whining about being so far away from the court in New York that he couldn't tell the Blazers bench when toargue calls with the refs based on the replays he was seeing.
laugh.gif
I canjust picture the Blazers bench gettin tired of listenin to him tell them about every little touch foul that he complains about.

That Ariza clip wasnt even that bad as far as the Portland announcers were. If that were to happen to Pierce or Rondo, Tommy would have stopped the broadcastbefore even seeing the replay and put out a PSA to the league about how Ariza should be banned from the NBA

Originally Posted by devv

Man sean elliot was horrible, why was he so mad at JR smith.

The 76ers have like the best commentators hands down from what I seen last night. It didnt even feel like a sixers broadcast

QFT. Sixers and Knicks for me... the Knicks commentators give u that "big game" feel when its the knicks
laugh.gif

im add the bucks to my list

my god the bucks anouncers are !$+$@!* HORRIBLE

these homer !!+ !@$%#% openly cheer for the bucks durning the game, dont even try to hide it

Back
Top Bottom