Which taste better overall- Popeyes or KFC?

Popeyes biscuits are better to me because they brush it with salted butter. However, there only good when fresh.

Other than that kfc trash. Only would get their wings when they used to be good

Last edited:
Neither spot has much flavor. Especially kfc. With kfc, the wings are abnormally small. Back in the day they used to be a decent size and had spice. My Dad would buy us that **** all the time when all my brothers came over as a kid. The original recipe has soggy skin but that's always been the case. The tenders and chicken sandwiches have no flavor unless they're flavored with bbq, or the honey gold, pickle flavor and all that.

For popeyes, same with the wings. Mad small for no reason Regular chicken has no flavor, tenders, wings. breast, etc. What saves them is the spicy chicken. When fresh, the spicy is good. Biscuits are good as well fresh. Overall, popeyes has better sides while kfc only has potato wedges.

Not sure if you guys do this or not but if I have fried chicken as left overs, I'll shove it in my toaster oven to warm it up and give the skin crispy touch and most of the time regardless if it is KFC chicken, it comes out super good. I find my local KFC just has bad chicken skin in general compared to Popeyes but toasting solves that issue.

I agree the wings , esp KFCs, are small.
I actually thought KFC had more taste than popeyes....they have the advantage of like 90 years of perfecting that.

Also I forgot to say, Popeyes spicy is not spicy at ALL.

Not sure if you guys do this or not but if I have fried chicken as left overs, I'll shove it in my toaster oven to warm it up and give the skin crispy touch and most of the time regardless if it is KFC chicken, it comes out super good. I find my local KFC just has bad chicken skin in general compared to Popeyes but toasting solves that issue.

Yea, fried food gets warmed up in the oven. Microwave, nah. Doesn't do it justices

I agree the wings , esp KFCs, are small.
I actually thought KFC had more taste than popeyes....they have the advantage of like 90 years of perfecting that.

Also I forgot to say, Popeyes spicy is not spicy at ALL.

Not spicy at all. :lol:

But that flavor is there so I give them the advantage

Hell yeah, I used to have people salivating on Bart when I used to pick it up in El Cerrito before going to Berkeley.

With the bullet proof glass. Haha. I didn't go to that place till I was in my late 20s because it was so ghetto and more so, it was out of the way. It was good though but would rather just go to Popeyes.

Popeye's also used ot have the 2 piece for 99 cents on Tuesdays. The one I lived next to in SF would have a line out the door for it though. Then they raised it to like $1.30 or something like that.

got an air fryer as a gift and have been using that. Comes out crispy as ****

I haven't had churches in YEARS but that was my go to ff for a while.

It has to be fresh out the vat tho. I remember their wings were HUGE.
Also their biscuits are good, and fried okra if it's not soggy.

Grew up on Kentucky, we got Popeyes here in Memphis round 07-08 I believe. It's cool too but if I was going to choose it would he Kentucky.

With the bullet proof glass. Haha. I didn't go to that place till I was in my late 20s because it was so ghetto and more so, it was out of the way. It was good though but would rather just go to Popeyes.

Popeye's also used ot have the 2 piece for 99 cents on Tuesdays. The one I lived next to in SF would have a line out the door for it though. Then they raised it to like $1.30 or something like that.
Yeah when I moved the city. I would go to the Mission St. one. I forgot it was that cheap.

Back
Top Bottom