Which Trend did you follow?

Just want to pop in and say that think of the trends you followed when you were a kid next time you assume something when you see some kids rocking Foams, Camos, Snapbacks, etc . . .

If there was as strong internet presence back in 03 as there is today, how would the NikeTalkers of then (and yes I know NT has been around since like 99, so it DID exist back in 03) feel about you headband-wearing, 3XL Jersey rocking, AF1 copping dudes.

Last edited:
I don't know if it qualifies as a trend since it was part of the culture I grew up in, but used to rock the super baggy gear. It's disheartening now, especially considering that I own so many ill jerseys that I can't rock now since I would look like an idiot if I did.

smartphones. i just got my first one in september and i'm already kinda getting sucked in. 

i think one trend i tried in HS was the rubber band on your ankles (wearing jeans), ughhhhhh. 

In junior high I had all my note in those huge five star zipper binders.

Now I just keep one marble notebook.

Not really a trend but V60s & RAZR phones. :pimp: "Oh you got that color?" Next week comes in with the newest color.

Did not partake but witnessed:
Girbaud strap jeans
Backward shirts
Footlocker extra long white Tees
Airbrushed AF1 mids/Timbs (Af1 lows were a no no)
Jersey dresses some girls could pull it off, others were already busted to begin with so it just didn't look right
Akdemiks/South Pole/Karl Kani/Ecko/Vokal/Northface (dudes would come in full gear northface looking like they about to climb a mountain)
New jordan releases meant who would come in next day with the newest release to 1 up anyone else
Nelly band aid on the cheek
Velour suits
Leaving pricetags/size stickers on shirts
See dudes rocking their retros with the orange nike hangtag
Nascar jackets

Last edited:
middle school in socal it was all about skater brands from ccs, like hookups shirts,blind,toy machine,world industries,shortys then the shoes..osiris,crca,DVS..

then towards 9th grade and 11th was all about platinum fubu, new era fitteds,ecko shirts, wu-wear, avirex jackets,phat farm, air force 1's..

one of my white homies was able to put a black sean jean denim jacket over his shoulder and walk out with for me from ross, i wasnt paying 150 for that.

there was this dude at my school that would rock his air forces with gucci on em and he had the bootleg iceberg, dude tried so hard to be fly but he was crosseyed 
laugh.gif

Middle School through Freshman year of high school it was all about starching my clothes. On the plus side it was how I learned how to iron on my own since my mom thought it was a ridiculous trend, on the other hand, it was starched jeans for the most part.

Also Reebok Classics. I don't think they're popular at all any more since I only ever see guys in their mid to upper 40s in them, but when I was in middle/high school Black and White classics with the Ripple Sole were IT. I kind of missed the beginning of AF1s and Dunks coming back because in my city the trend didn't catch on until much much later. I've thought about trying to bring that back, but it seems to be a lot harder to find the ones I had in school.

Brands that have been forgotten from those days: Tommy Hilfiger and Nautica. That was what everyone wanted when I was in High School. I remember digging up some old Lacoste and Benetton stuff from when my brother was in school and everyone laughing at it because they were so old and played

Man reading some of these makes me feel OLD as hell. RAZRs were brand new the last time I was a full time student with only a few hours left to graduate (7 years ago)

hmmmm...

-Have a velour Sean John Sweat suit (Still rock to hoop or lounging in the house.)
-Jerseys(Scaled waaaay back and sold 80% of my collection. Still have my favorite teams, and got others signed....Rock the NBA ones in the summer and football ones any chance I see fit or to games.)
-import cars.(it was fun and if I had an import car still and the $$ to blow I'd do it again. Luckily, I have my cousin heavy into it to get my fix in.)
-Ecko.

I'm sure there are more, but I just can't think of them now.

starched down jeans

socks with the ball on the back

saucony shoes

yellow tint glasses lol

Jewelry from the mall

fitted caps with the asian letters

goggles over the tommy gear skullcap

middle school in socal it was all about skater brands from ccs, like hookups shirts,blind,toy machine,world industries,shortys then the shoes..osiris,crca,DVS..

then towards 9th grade and 11th was all about platinum fubu, new era fitteds,ecko shirts, wu-wear, avirex jackets,phat farm, air force 1's..

one of my white homies was able to put a black sean jean denim jacket over his shoulder and walk out with for me from ross, i wasnt paying 150 for that.

there was this dude at my school that would rock his air forces with gucci on em and he had the bootleg iceberg, dude tried so hard to be fly but he was crosseyed 
laugh.gif
everyone had the osiris D3's

trucker hats, damn that pharrell...

break dancing in middle school, had the whole adidas fit

got an averiex denim jacket

full zip hoodies

i got my first pair of dunks in 10th grade thinking they were air force 1s bc everyone i knew rocked AF1s 
laugh.gif

a few of mines 
mean.gif

As a kid I rocked the lil braided pony tail with the piece of foil paper on the tip

la gears

Platinum Fubu

4x white tees

Harwood classics footlocker "no back" jerseys

2way pager

collecting sneakers

joining Niketalk
pimp.gif

worst was probably the mushroom hair with the middle part.

lots of tommy hilfiger, and nautica gear. thinking back, i could have bought many polos but bought hilfiger instead.

also clothes that was about a size two big, it wasn't baggy, i just really liked clothes to be loose.

fortunately i didn't fall into some of the ridiculous ones like fubu and phat pharm.

I don't follow trends I start em.
Everybody in Houston was doing this somewhere between 96-00
roll.gif
I never had the massive amounts of starch needed to do that, so that's one trend I missed
Dat StaFlo
laugh.gif
.  I used to have my mama buying jugs of this stuff.  We used to have contests in class to see who had the hardest crease.

A lot of old people and the urban cowboy dudes that do the trail rides still wear it like this.  These dudes would have crushed it in 93

some white joints with a sick crease with a hilfiger and nice little byzantine piece and chain = game over

Last edited:
worst was probably the mushroom hair with the middle part.

very guilty of this....i finally cut it off when this chick i was in love with since the 7th told me that i'd get alot of action if i cut my hair...i went home that day and cut it all off..

i had a line down the middle for 2 weeks 
laugh.gif
, i started rockin the fitteds at this point, this chick became my girlfriend then i dumped her after 9 months and upgraded 
smokin.gif

Luckily i didn't fall victim to this trend i'm sure some of you have tho. getting your timbs or sneakers airbrushed 
I had  a homie (R.I.P. Mr. Burns.) who would use a wood burner. Him and his partner were COLD and it made it seems the tims had etching on them. I still may do that till this day hahaha I had a sky blue pair, He threw some graffiti type letter with my name coming out of a group of clouds mouth like a gust of wind.

Back
Top Bottom