starched down jeans
socks with the ball on the back
saucony shoes
yellow tint glasses lol
Jewelry from the mall
fitted caps with the asian letters
goggles over the tommy gear skullcap
No offense, but I thought only females didnt that when i was in middleschool

I was too poor to follow much of the name brand trends such as FUBU, Nautica, Tommy, etc.

Guilty of:
Baggy clothes
I killed Akademik when I was able to get a job.....lol
Mecca
AF1's
Enyce
tall tee's.......wtf was I thinking having contests to see who could have the longest t-shirt :x
When FILA dropped again back in 03, I was the first around the way to rock them. Thought I was doing it, then realized all the hoodboogers were rocking them. Deaded that mess...smh.
Sagging, BUT........I still sag in my basketball shorts. Come at me.
Watching BET Uncut. Yep.

Probably depending on what state you were in. I was in TX
ah ok, Im from MICH. I know in middleschool we were on those saucony's and K-swiss lol

Man, I remember being a freshmen in HS, and they wouldnt let you roll your pant leg up. So i took it a step ahead, I cut off a pant leg of my sweats. Well I was sent home that day lol

How about rockin a du-rag in ya back pockey with the strings dangling? lmao

Was this ever a "trend"

I thought dudes been doing this and still doing this???
It is as long as dudes are mentioning white tees as trends.

As for the goggles over the skully, I don't think I've EVER seen that in real life. Just movies. :lol:

Last edited:
Just bought some of the those Adidas soccer pants that everyones wearing. Dont give a damn tho, i like the tapered fit

Magic the Gathering...Korn...JNCO jeans...Akademiks...Game of Thrones 

If that's not a strange evolution, I don't know what is. 

ah ok, Im from MICH. I know in middleschool we were on those saucony's and K-swiss lol

Man, I remember being a freshmen in HS, and they wouldnt let you roll your pant leg up. So i took it a step ahead, I cut off a pant leg of my sweats. Well I was sent home that day lol

How about rockin a du-rag in ya back pockey with the strings dangling? lmao

MAAAAN

I had a buddy who always had the complimentary du rag with his outfits. lol Backups too.

used to do the southside cuff in my pants.

Magnet earrings ( woulda got my butt whooped if got pierced for real haha)

Fake 'sace glasses

Now that i think about it, me and my crew always had all the hood accessories because one guys pops ran a corner store.

pokemon, only bc of
tongue.gif

Pogs, Street Sharks, Mighty Ducks, Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh

Batman, X-Men

List could go on forever

...Korn...
Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, POD, Linkin Park  Papa Roach
pimp.gif
Nu metal defined my middle and HS years...DC101, 991HFS, and Q101 (for my summers in chicago) were all i listened to back in those days.

I miss the old big HFStival they had in DC.

Last edited:
baggy clothes
pulling my tongue out over my jeans
scarface t shirts
pierced ears
phat farms back in middle school

Seeing these reminded me of other transgressions of trend following: The knockoff tees with Bugs Bunny and other cartoon characters dressed in baggy clothing, it was so big when I was in 7th and 8th grade. Cross Colours were never REALLY big around my way, but I did have 2 pairs with really huge pant legs, something ridiculous like 30 inch leg openings. Then there was the Karl Kani stuff. While I wasn't old enough to drink I remember the St. Ides commercials when they'd get big rappers to do ads for them, and getting a friend's older brother to write to them to get one of the advert tapes.

This is the one I really wanted on tape back then.

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Slipknot, POD, Linkin Park  Papa Roach
pimp.gif
Nu metal defined my middle and HS years...DC101, 991HFS, and Q101 (for my summers in chicago) were all i listened to back in those days.

I miss the old big HFStival they had in DC.
it was a sad day when i turned on the radio and 991 was in spanish

middle school in socal it was all about skater brands from ccs, like hookups shirts,blind,toy machine,world industries,shortys then the shoes..osiris,crca,DVS..
then towards 9th grade and 11th was all about platinum fubu, new era fitteds,ecko shirts, wu-wear, avirex jackets,phat farm, air force 1's..

one of my white homies was able to put a black sean jean denim jacket over his shoulder and walk out with for me from ross, i wasnt paying 150 for that.

there was this dude at my school that would rock his air forces with gucci on em and he had the bootleg iceberg, dude tried so hard to be fly but he was crosseyed :lol:

everyone had the osiris D3's
View media item 150824

The D3s were def that shoe in middle school out in Cali
( I never got into that though but everyone had those) or GLOBEs

Back
Top Bottom