White Cement IV Returning Spring/Summer 2025

No, they were synthetic leather

You're going to have to prove that, because I don't believe it.

I have two pairs in my hand right now. One of them I've had since they released. It got tons of wear and never cracked. There's no way a synthetic leather would hold up to this kind of wear after 20+ years without cracking.

The other pair I just Un-DSed a few weeks ago. They don't look at all like synthetic leather, they even have the leather pores.

1000095431.jpg
1000095434.jpg
1000095432.jpg
1000095433.jpg

Kind of surprised this hasn’t been addressed but are we finally getting a durabuck type upper (‘89/‘99) or is it gonna be leather again?
Since the '89 release was full Durabuckit would be interesting if these ended up using a white version of the upper material that we've seen on releases like the '15 Aqua 8s, '16 Black Metallics, etc.
They've been using that stuff as a replacement for Durabuckbut I don't think JB has ever used a white version of it, and even if they did, it would most certainly garner a lot of complaints.

I have two pairs in my hand right now. One of them I've had since they released. It got tons of wear and never cracked. There's no way a synthetic leather would hold up to this kind of wear after 20+ years without cracking.

The other pair I just Un-DSed a few weeks ago. They don't look at all like synthetic leather, they even have the leather pores.

1000095431.jpg
1000095434.jpg
1000095432.jpg
1000095433.jpg
If you look closely at the edges of the material you can see it’s just felt with a PU coating. Notice how perfectly smooth it looks and how perfect the fake pores look throughout the entire shoe. There isn’t a single pair that shows any wrinkling or finish variation like you’d get with genuine leather.

It’s definitely a different material than the 1989 because it doesn’t crack as you pointed out. It’s still fully synthetic though. Same with the fire red 5s from 2000.

If you look closely at the edges of the material you can see it’s just felt with a PU coating. Notice how perfectly smooth it looks and how perfect the fake pores look throughout the entire shoe. There isn’t a single pair that shows any wrinkling or finish variation like you’d get with genuine leather.

It’s definitely a different material than the 1989 because it doesn’t crack as you pointed out. It’s still fully synthetic though. Same with the fire red 5s from 2000.
I can see what you're saying, same thing with my fire red 5s. I have 3 pairs, and one that I still wear, they look just like this.

I've never seen a synthetic leather hold up like this with no cracking.

Anyone on here who ever thought 23mj88 23mj88 was just “predicting” ish and doesn’t know things is a frucking moron x1000. If you fall into that category—and you know if you do—piss off back to reddit and Instagram. Bunch of frucking clowns. :stoneface:

I believe his info. He dropped the WC3 news here very early as well.

1000095431.jpg
1000095434.jpg
1000095432.jpg
1000095433.jpg

At 5:45 it tells you how to tell the difference between real pores and fake ones.

With that many pores it'd have to be a top grain leather and you would see more imperfections and variations on the skin. Basically it looks too uniform. It could be real leather underneath with a heavy coat of paint on top, and pores printed on. Can you take some closer shots of the edges so we can see the cross section?

At 5:45 it tells you how to tell the difference between real pores and fake ones.

With that many pores it'd have to be a top grain leather and you would see more imperfections and variations on the skin. Basically it looks too uniform. It could be real leather underneath with a heavy coat of paint on top, and pores printed on. Can you take some closer shots of the edges so we can see the cross section?

I'm going to scrape the crumbled pair under the midsole to see if I can reveal some leather or whatever's underneath.

They miss that covid era lol stuff was selling out like 2013 days. Every drop GONE......when adidas/yeezy was going ham they brought out the big guns then also. We bout to enter that era again....it won't be cheap lol imo after this next wave it'll prlly all be downhill from there. Kids don't care for em and it'll only get worse. I expect by 2030 we will get way more limited drops and less drops even of GR. Hate to say it but the next big boom will prolly be when MJ passes away. Gotta collect while ya can cause ya never know what the future holds.

They miss that covid era lol stuff was selling out like 2013 days. Every drop GONE......when adidas/yeezy was going ham they brought out the big guns then also. We bout to enter that era again....it won't be cheap lol imo after this next wave it'll prlly all be downhill from there. Kids don't care for em and it'll only get worse. I expect by 2030 we will get way more limited drops and less drops even of GR. Hate to say it but the next big boom will prolly be when MJ passes away. Gotta collect while ya can cause ya never know what the future holds.
They’re doing bigger numbers now so that narrative doesn’t really match reality

Back
Top Bottom