Who can say N...the "N" word? vol. all you closet racist NTers contribute to the convo

I'm black. My circle is a few black guys. A Dominican. A Filipino and 3 Puerto Ricans. We all say it. My other dominican friends say it. My other Filipinos say it. It's cool to me

But if you're white u shouldn't say it. Period nor should u wanna say it

What if it were a White Puerto Rican? Would they be allowed to say it?

What if it were a White Puerto Rican? Would they be allowed to say it?

I don't think I'd be bothered? But I'm not sure what a white Puerto Rican is? The ones in my group have Puerto Rican parents. But their 1 of their grandparents are white

If a Puerto Rican said the N word but they looked like Cameron Diaz or Nick Lashay.

You would be fine with that?

I am not saying those people ARE Puerto Rican

I am saying if there WERE Puerto Ricans that looked LIKE Diaz or Lashay, would it still be cool.

Sure.

The question is on the table.

If a Dominican, Puerto Rican, Salvadorian, looked like an Anglo, would yall be cool with THEM saying it?

I just want to know the logic behind who deserves a pass or not

What about Big Pun (R.I.P)? Would you have told him (or someone like him) he cant say it? Srs question and honestly curious

Being "cool" is relative to who you are and where you're from. Like folks said certain parts of NY/LA are so integrated, folks are on top of each other that mingling of culture and words were unavoidable. That in itself is now it's own little culture, you'll be born into it already seeing folks of all different races already using it. It'll be what you know vs someone from more segregated communities.

Growing up in the BX it was weird seeing folks have issues with Puerto Ricans/Dominicans of any shade saying it when I left NY, but I understood.

Last edited:
What is the least amount of ethnic someone can look for you to be ok with them saying that word dc

What is the least amount of ethnic someone can look for you to be ok with them saying that word dc
I don't want ANY of them saying it.

I don't hand out passes based on how cool someone is.

I am the wrong person to ask

Last edited:
laugh.gif

If a Puerto Rican said the N word but they looked like Cameron Diaz or Nick Lashay.

You would be fine with that?

I'd have to know they were Puerto Rican. But i know what u mean. My gym teacher is a white cuban.

If they were my friend and I knew that they were from pr yes no prob. But on the outside, if i didn't know and I heard it, I'd press up

Many of those Rican's who self identify as white on census forms aren't actually white tho.

If you went purely by census reponses you would probably expect South TX to look like Barcelona demographically.

Most PRs are Triracial, the ones that are actually white enough to be considered white are a small minority.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom