WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

1659388491160.gif

last trip to nyc, we go into our room and there's a ****ing PILE of dirty towels on the bathroom floor. took them 2 hours and 3 complaints from me to get someone up to the room. when dude came up, he asked me to hand him the towels. my wife nearly flipped out and said **** no, he ain't touching that **** with his bare hands. dude was irritated and picked it up (no gloves). if it were more than 1 night, we woulda moved. stewart hotel near penn station - place was trash. never again. after staying in dc at the hay adams hotel right near the white house, my fam was pissed that i didn't research and get a better spot in nyc :lol:

towels
39F7DC63-2ACC-4E17-8164-758BC9020CDD.jpeg

blood splatter on furniture?
4F28EC39-A63C-4BCC-94B5-2E324B5A0B05.jpeg
Those blood spots likely mean bed bugs. That’s disgusting

last trip to nyc, we go into our room and there's a ****ing PILE of dirty towels on the bathroom floor. took them 2 hours and 3 complaints from me to get someone up to the room. when dude came up, he asked me to hand him the towels. my wife nearly flipped out and said **** no, he ain't touching that **** with his bare hands. dude was irritated and picked it up (no gloves). if it were more than 1 night, we woulda moved. stewart hotel near penn station - place was trash. never again. after staying in dc at the hay adams hotel right near the white house, my fam was pissed that i didn't research and get a better spot in nyc :lol:

towels
39F7DC63-2ACC-4E17-8164-758BC9020CDD.jpeg

blood splatter on furniture?
4F28EC39-A63C-4BCC-94B5-2E324B5A0B05.jpeg
Oh hell nah! I would've slept standing up in the corner if I were your kid.

This year might get a flu shot, Covid booster, and Monkeypox vaccine

Will have so many chips implanted in me that every morning Imma wake up like...

How many patriots do I need to get infected with the monkeypox vaccine before Biden and Hillary slides me the Sorosbucks?

im gonna bring this up in my department's morning huddle.
there was a group of us who brought up covid before it became a thing here and we talked about the people in italy who warned us and how it was only a matter of time
all of our leaders downplayed it and told us not to alarm and spread panic. our hospital, like everywhere else in america, was retro active and look at where that got us. we lost a lot of good people, ended up being understaffed and overworked, and lots of people ended up spreading it to their families.

i don't think there is any reason to not to take this very seriously in the earlier stages.

I get it and do the same with hard surfaces. But there's not much you can do about linen or the mattress. Lysol ain't penetrating below the surface.

No doubt. We definitely throw that heavy a** comforter on the floor because they never wash that. We check the mattress to see if it has a cover and we check for bed bugs. We wipe the linen and pillow cases with the wipes first and let it dry. We wipe remotes, light switches, hard surfaces, door knobs etc. Bathroom sinks, draws all that. When that's done then we spray the linens and pillow cases with the lysol. I know we can't or won't get everything but at least we have piece of mind. We can't do much about the towels and wash cloths so it is what it is.

The wild thing is this was all before covid. Now it just seems impossible to fully protect yourself when it's so easy for these viruses to be transmitted :smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
No doubt. We definitely throw that heavy *** comforter on the floor because they never wash that. We check the mattress to see if it has a cover and we check for bed bugs. We wipe the linen and pillow cases with the wipes first and let it dry. We wipe remotes, light switches, hard surfaces, door knobs etc. Bathroom sinks, draws all that. When that's done then we spray the linens and pillow cases with the lysol. I know we can't or won't get everything but at least we have piece of mind. We can't do much about the towels and wash cloths so it is what it is.

The wild thing is this was all before covid. Now it just seems impossible to fully protect yourself when it's so easy for these viruses to be transmitted :smh:
This is exactly our process. Pull all the sheets blankets etc back and spray and wipe everything. Lately I’ve been bringing our own throws and sheets. We have small kids so they will touch everything they can also ask for fresh towels when we first checkin. While the room is disinfecting we go grab a bite to eat.

Also been booking at more expensive hotels much to my dismay with the hopes that they have more attention to detail

Last edited:
This is exactly our process. Pull all the sheets blankets etc back and spray and wipe everything. We have small kids so they will touch everything they can also ask for fresh towels when we first checkin. While the room is disinfecting we go grab a bite to eat.
I don’t know about you, but these were things I never even considered before I had kids but after a few trips where an illness cut the trip short (Disneyland) or ruined (Hawaii), we started taking these kind of drastic measures that most others thought we were crazy for doing. Wiping down everything within reach on a plane had other passengers looking at us like we were insane. No F’s given.

I don’t know about you, but these were things I never even considered before I had kids but after a few trips where an illness cut the trip short (Disneyland) or ruined (Hawaii), we started taking these kind of drastic measures that most others thought we were crazy for doing. Wiping down everything within reach on a plane had other passengers looking at us like we were insane. No F’s given.
The good thing is, I’ve lowkey always been like this. I got some weird skin infection before I had kids after staying in a hotel and never again. I already have sensitive skin so same. I wipe everything down in public. Even when we got to restaurants. I wipe the chairs and tables and anything else I think my kids will likely touch. My husband used to think I was crazy but now he does it before I even get a chance to.

I have packed off on wiping groceries down but going to start that back up.

The good thing is, I’ve lowkey always been like this. I got some weird skin infection before I had kids after staying in a hotel and never again. I already have sensitive skin so same. I wipe everything down in public. Even when we got to restaurants. I wipe the chairs and tables and anything else I think my kids will likely touch. My husband used to think I was crazy but now he does it before I even get a chance to.

I have packed off on wiping groceries down but going to start that back up.

NGL, I would always see Asian tourists in airports with their masks on and thought it was so smart while wishing it was more accepted because I was self conscious about what other people would think of me for wearing one. I even bought masks to wear in the house if I was sick to avoid infecting my kids long before 2020 because it seemed so obvious. I'll definitely never travel without quality respirators again, even if COVID magically fades away.

Think people might take this more seriously than covid because it effects the way you look/ clearly visible that you have it.

"Monkeypox symptoms usually start within 3 weeks of exposure to the virus. If someone has flu-like symptoms, they will usually develop a rash 1-4 days later.

Monkeypox can be spread from the time symptoms start until the rash has healed, all scabs have fallen off, and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2-4 weeks."

Is this something if you get it, it reoccurs? outbreaks? Or they arent sure yet?

“Now if monkeypox ‌gains a permanent foothold in the U‌nited States and becomes an endemic virus that joins our circulating repertoire of pathogens, it will be one of the worst public health failures in modern times not only because of the pain and peril of the disease but also because it was so avoidable,” the former Food and Drug Administration head wrote in and op-ed for the New York Times.

“Our lapses extend beyond political decision making to the agencies tasked with protecting us from these threats.”

Back
Top Bottom