WHO declares Monkeypox outbreak a global emergency

Is that a deal breaker for you?

Not at all. Just trying to understand the latest guidance.

Based on the visual posted on the last page, a respirator and full head-to-toe ppe is recommended for prevention.

Last edited:
I’m gonna re-up on my sanitizer.

1659360802593.gif

I’m gonna re-up on my sanitizer.

1659360802593.gif

Man.. I BEEN heavy on the hand sanitizer before all of this

Always kept a big bottle in my office and then at least something in my car

But I don’t trust people.. people nasty as hell.. I shake someone’s hand or dap someone up, I ain’t touching my face or anything til I can wash my hands or get sanitize.. touch money, I don’t know where that shh been

Wash my hands before using the bathroom.. and obviously after.. but if I touch a door handle, I ain’t know what people been doing before touching that shh.. and obviously before eating

So how do we reasonably avoid catching this ****? Masking is a given; do we need to wear latex gloves? Will using hand sanitizer work to kill the virus? I've got vaccine shots to stop/reduce COVID but what is there for MPX?

Does this have actual widespread potential or nah? Given that the first news reports I saw was a while ago and how few cases there still are makes me think no

you stay in hotels where they don’t wash the sheets?

I don’t know of any hotels that advertise unwashed sheets. Do you?

The blow to the industry would likely be from people not wanting to fully rely on the words of the hotels when deciding to travel.

Only if u knew
last trip to nyc, we go into our room and there's a ****ing PILE of dirty towels on the bathroom floor. took them 2 hours and 3 complaints from me to get someone up to the room. when dude came up, he asked me to hand him the towels. my wife nearly flipped out and said **** no, he ain't touching that **** with his bare hands. dude was irritated and picked it up (no gloves). if it were more than 1 night, we woulda moved. stewart hotel near penn station - place was trash. never again. after staying in dc at the hay adams hotel right near the white house, my fam was pissed that i didn't research and get a better spot in nyc :lol:

towels
39F7DC63-2ACC-4E17-8164-758BC9020CDD.jpeg

blood splatter on furniture?
4F28EC39-A63C-4BCC-94B5-2E324B5A0B05.jpeg

Apparently it can be spread by trying on clothes or from bedsheets. This could be a big blow to the hotel industry.

What I'm still unclear about is if it can spread to any form of contact on the skin? Or do I have to have an open sore, wound, lesion that comes in contact with an infected surface, linen, person to get it?

you stay in hotels where they don’t wash the sheets?

That isn't the issue, if housekeeping has it they can spread the virus on the linen while changing the sheets and pillow cases. The ****ed up part is EPA hasn't provided a list of disinfectants that can kill this virus. Me and wifey always sprayed our hotel rooms down with lysol, and wiped every surface we could with clorox wipes every time we check in somewhere. No disrespect to any housekeeping staff, but they have a schedule to keep and they damn sure aren't taking the necessary time it takes to thoroughly clean each room. This was before covid. I don't how badly this is going to affect that industry in the coming weeks/months :smh:

I was finally ready to start traveling again come 2023 after not doing anything since 2019. Every year me and shorty would take a summer trip in the US, and go international for her born day in December. This isn't looking good at all.

Last edited:
last trip to nyc, we go into our room and there's a ****ing PILE of dirty towels on the bathroom floor. took them 2 hours and 3 complaints from me to get someone up to the room. when dude came up, he asked me to hand him the towels. my wife nearly flipped out and said **** no, he ain't touching that **** with his bare hands. dude was irritated and picked it up (no gloves). if it were more than 1 night, we woulda moved. stewart hotel near penn station - place was trash. never again. after staying in dc at the hay adams hotel right near the white house, my fam was pissed that i didn't research and get a better spot in nyc :lol:

towels
39F7DC63-2ACC-4E17-8164-758BC9020CDD.jpeg

blood splatter on furniture?
4F28EC39-A63C-4BCC-94B5-2E324B5A0B05.jpeg

That is disgusting, and it's the reason we don't get settled until we wipe down and spray every surface we can.

Back
Top Bottom