Who does NOT have a bank account? Why not?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by Lxj

Every year that your money is sitting in that nike box the inflation causes it to lower in value.  At least when you put it in the bank the measly 2.0% will offset the inflation.  However, if you have to pay bank fees your net value might end up being negative.

2%? 99% of savings accounts are getting .5% or less.

exactly
i bet its less than .05 too.

Can anybody who does not use a bank account describe to me what an average months of expenditures looks like and how you pay for them?

I guess opportunity cost makes sense to me, only from an accessibility perspective. Sure you could be earning .05%, but the convenience of being able to get your money from your shoebox is more valuable than the amount of time it would take to go to an atm in network, or branch location?

I'll admit my own previous example about not wanting to have a transaction show up on my statement, or have a check directly linked to my account was more for protection of my identity and security issues. But don't you WANT a paper trail for most transactions? 

Can anybody who does not use a bank account describe to me what an average months of expenditures looks like and how you pay for them?

I guess opportunity cost makes sense to me, only from an accessibility perspective. Sure you could be earning .05%, but the convenience of being able to get your money from your shoebox is more valuable than the amount of time it would take to go to an atm in network, or branch location?

I'll admit my own previous example about not wanting to have a transaction show up on my statement, or have a check directly linked to my account was more for protection of my identity and security issues. But don't you WANT a paper trail for most transactions? 

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Originally Posted by biff lawson

tumblr_lbwl1efnVu1qzrblzo1_1280-e1289965202621.png

Being about that life >>> Financial growth and security

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pretty much always kept it on hand no need for a paper trail

anyone have this picture in a larger size... more specifically 1280 x 800???

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Originally Posted by biff lawson

tumblr_lbwl1efnVu1qzrblzo1_1280-e1289965202621.png

Being about that life >>> Financial growth and security

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Pretty much always kept it on hand no need for a paper trail

anyone have this picture in a larger size... more specifically 1280 x 800???

i work in a bank and let me tell you, if you are overdrawn it is YOUR fault that you wanted to buy McDonalds when you have a buck in your account. The interest rates for savings accounts are tiered, and yes saving accounts pay you crap esp. with .4% interest. Only people seeing pretty good interest is those with over $500k. Best bet is to go with an internet bank, they pay you about 1.15% on your savings regardless of balance.

i work in a bank and let me tell you, if you are overdrawn it is YOUR fault that you wanted to buy McDonalds when you have a buck in your account. The interest rates for savings accounts are tiered, and yes saving accounts pay you crap esp. with .4% interest. Only people seeing pretty good interest is those with over $500k. Best bet is to go with an internet bank, they pay you about 1.15% on your savings regardless of balance.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Best bet is to go with an internet bank, they pay you about 1.15% on your savings regardless of balance.

Explain
nerd.gif
americanexpress.com. open a high yield savings FDIC insured as well

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

Best bet is to go with an internet bank, they pay you about 1.15% on your savings regardless of balance.

Explain
nerd.gif
americanexpress.com. open a high yield savings FDIC insured as well

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

So YOU overdrafting and spending money you DON'T have is being burned? Wow...

Its not being burned, but whatever it is, its definitely made so that they get as much as they can out of you when you overdraft, reordering the transaction. Thats why the feds made it so that the bank must give its customers the option to cover overages.

At one point banks said they didn't have the capability.

With cash you cant go negative. So turning off the ability to go negative and preventing a fee is good for those who use every dollar.
(not many people balance their checkbook, if they even have one)

But to answer the thread, I use banks to make bill payments, buy online and make card purchases. 

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

So YOU overdrafting and spending money you DON'T have is being burned? Wow...

Its not being burned, but whatever it is, its definitely made so that they get as much as they can out of you when you overdraft, reordering the transaction. Thats why the feds made it so that the bank must give its customers the option to cover overages.

At one point banks said they didn't have the capability.

With cash you cant go negative. So turning off the ability to go negative and preventing a fee is good for those who use every dollar.
(not many people balance their checkbook, if they even have one)

But to answer the thread, I use banks to make bill payments, buy online and make card purchases. 

Banks are pieces of %@*#. There is one thing and one thing only that banks do and that is make money off of their customers. These corporations have been outed as laundering channels for criminals and drug cartels, I don't understand how any sane person can have an ounce of respect or loyalty towards them.

Not only has it been an absolute eye opening experience getting away from banks, it has changed my life for the better. You have the power to lead your life in the way you choose, don't feel obligated or dependent on these power and money hungry scumbags.

Banks are pieces of %@*#. There is one thing and one thing only that banks do and that is make money off of their customers. These corporations have been outed as laundering channels for criminals and drug cartels, I don't understand how any sane person can have an ounce of respect or loyalty towards them.

Not only has it been an absolute eye opening experience getting away from banks, it has changed my life for the better. You have the power to lead your life in the way you choose, don't feel obligated or dependent on these power and money hungry scumbags.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Lxj

Every year that your money is sitting in that nike box the inflation causes it to lower in value.  At least when you put it in the bank the measly 2.0% will offset the inflation.  However, if you have to pay bank fees your net value might end up being negative.
True. And putting your money in a bank would help your credit score compared to it just sitting in a box gathering dust.

If you're not really spending the money at all, you can place your money in a time deposit, so you can earn some $$ while you sleep.
pimp.gif
no.

About the OD fees dude up there is right, its your fault for spending money you dont have. Let me say though its true that banks try and catch you slippin and hit you with ridiculous fees. For example whenever you use your debit card as credit (not using your PIN and signing for stuff) it generally takes a few days to process the transaction. But if the bank see's that you have $10 in your account and you just bought something for $20 as credit, they will push that transaction through the same day and bam,$34+ gone. Banks are shady like that but at the end of the day, balance your checkbook and you wont have any problems.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by Lxj

True. And putting your money in a bank would help your credit score compared to it just sitting in a box gathering dust.

If you're not really spending the money at all, you can place your money in a time deposit, so you can earn some $$ while you sleep.
pimp.gif
no.

About the OD fees dude up there is right, its your fault for spending money you dont have. Let me say though its true that banks try and catch you slippin and hit you with ridiculous fees. For example whenever you use your debit card as credit (not using your PIN and signing for stuff) it generally takes a few days to process the transaction. But if the bank see's that you have $10 in your account and you just bought something for $20 as credit, they will push that transaction through the same day and bam,$34+ gone. Banks are shady like that but at the end of the day, balance your checkbook and you wont have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom